Delivery delays already on FL?

Truthseeker

I've just picked up my new pre-FL Elegance and I can assure you that it does not come with any form of Sat Nav as standard, just the Bolero radio unit.

Wish it did, I might not have got so lost in East Kent yesterday.

Hi Neil

Don't understand this as I have last pre F/L Yeti sales booklet infront of me and it states the SE Plus comes with Amundsen as standard and on the Elegance it gives a list of items over the SE  but no mention of a Sat Nav only the option to have a Columbus with Dab radio at £1630 rrp extra

I should feel a bit upset if I had a Elegance with not even a basic Sat Nav and yet a model below had it .

This does seem to be a bit of a slip by Skoda.

If its any consolation the Amundsen does seem a bit odd compared to my old Tom Tom ,I find it hilarious when she tells me "Continue on this road for a long way" :think:

Acoording to my brochure (UK 06/13) the Bolero was standard on the SE and Elegance, the SE+ got the Amundsen and the L&K got the Columbus.

I've always regarded the SE+ as a short-lived special edition, much like the Adventure, which has not survived the move to FL and, as such, does not sit logically in the range.

I quite like the idea of a Sat Nav that tells you to "Continue on this road for a long way" and then maybe "turn left or right at the end, I'm not bothered". If I really feel the need for a Sat Nav then I'll probably buy a stand alone version, I rarely make journeys without fully exploring routes first on the internet.

Acoording to my brochure (UK 06/13) the Bolero was standard on the SE and Elegance, the SE+ got the Amundsen and the L&K got the Columbus.

I've always regarded the SE+ as a short-lived special edition, much like the Adventure, which has not survived the move to FL and, as such, does not sit logically in the range.

I quite like the idea of a Sat Nav that tells you to "Continue on this road for a long way" and then maybe "turn left or right at the end, I'm not bothered". If I really feel the need for a Sat Nav then I'll probably buy a stand alone version, I rarely make journeys without fully exploring routes first on the internet.

Either way you have a cracking motor and colour and I envy your leather.

Reference post 61 (why doesn't my Macbook have a hash key??), my tracking fprecast is now back to 201403 (albeit advisory and tbc).

A few days ago I ordered online  a FL brochure, and today received "Our freshly printed Yeti brochure" from SUK - for the pre-FL.  Rang them, told hard copy available at end of the month.  Amazing.  But they then rang the dealer who sent me a legible .pdf copy.  This shows Amundsen satnav as option on S, and Columbus as option on SE and Elegance but standard on L&K (which bizarrely seems to be aveilable as Outdoor only).  Hope that helps.

An update:

Skoda UK just rang me to let me know my current build week is 03 (not 14). Seems it is a year 14 model so maybe the dealer got confused.

Anyway my wife is happy with that rather than the week before Christmas - too many memories of works Christmas parties?  :giggle:

An update:

Skoda UK just rang me to let me know my current build week is 03 (not 14). Seems it is a year 14 model so maybe the dealer got confused.

That's good to know but what a stir it has caused. I think we are both to blame though. You for the original post and me for repeating in a new thread.

Anyway, it is still another few weeks to wait but at least it is not months.

But why is your info coming from Skoda UK and not your dealer?

But why is your info coming from Skoda UK and not your dealer?

Info came from Skoda because I contacted them to ask what was going on. And I now recall that there was no dispute at the time about the Week 14 build date so maybe the dealer hadn't got confused.Just someone messing with the system  :wonder: .

Anyway, once a build date is finalised, how long does it take before the dealer receives the car (ie build plus transport time)?

Info came from Skoda because I contacted them to ask what was going on. And I now recall that there was no dispute at the time about the Week 14 build date so maybe the dealer hadn't got confused.Just someone messing with the system  :wonder: .

Anyway, once a build date is finalised, how long does it take before the dealer receives the car (ie build plus transport time)?

Reckon on around 3 weeks.

Feck! Just ordered a Petrol Blue Yeti 1.2SE manual with sunroof. The dealer claimed 12-16 weeks delivery but said he would let us know when he got a build date... sounds like 16 weeks (early March) is pretty unlikely :( In the mean time, I will have to make it through the winter in my weekend car (1994 MX5 BBR Turbo) which is less than brilliant on snow/ice. My '99 Passat estate failed its MOT and I decided not to spend the several hundred pounds on a car which would then still only be worth a few hundred.

Hmmm. Well, let's see what the dealer comes up with.

Ordered a FL 1.2 SE manual Outdoor Candy White with Black roof, Amundsen+ and reversing camera mid October with provisional build date of week 50. Checked with dealer last weekend and the build has been put back to week 13 but may be slightly earlier plus around 3 weeks for delivery so expecting it mid April.

This is not an issue for us but I can see how it could be very frustrating!

At the risk of upsetting those on the Superb forum I do find the 1.2 TSI Yeti a pleasure to drive, the engine is surprisingly sprightly and the 6 speed gearbox much slicker than the 5 speed in my Superb. It's worth the wait in my opinion.

Checked with dealer last weekend and the build has been put back to week 13 but may be slightly earlier plus around 3 weeks for delivery so expecting it mid April.

You might want to check again. Sounds a bit like my Week 51 moving to Week 14, but now back to Week 03 (ordered early September)

Are Skoda "parking" delivery dates in the future while they work out a realistic date? If you check at the wrong moment, all doesn't seem good.

Idh2013, I did think this could have been the case, but phoned SUK today following your post yesterday and they confirmed it - week 13 - but they did say it was not set and likely to come forward.

I would have been a bit more hopeful if it had been week 14 like yours as you could see how that could be confused at a glance.

Anyhow I'm not in a rush and SWMBO will be happy with a 14 reg and won't have to be Yetiless.

If anyone needs an interim Skoda, I'm selling '56 reg Fabia estate in Briskoda's 'cars for sale' section £1750.

Any takers? Should be still worth £1200 in six or eight months time......

I've been waiting for our Yeti Elegance for so long, (6 months so far), I sometimes forget we have even got a car on order until the dealer rings with an update, which is usually bad news due to their incompetence. Last word was January build but I don't believe a word they say anymore. 

I've been waiting for our Yeti Elegance for so long, (6 months so far), I sometimes forget we have even got a car on order until the dealer rings with an update, which is usually bad news due to their incompetence. Last word was January build but I don't believe a word they say anymore. 

Quite frankly that is absolutely disgusting and I have every sympathy for you, especially after just reading wakev's post under the "Build Date" thread (ordered 13/10 and at dock already).

Have you contacted Skoda UK direct and asked them to look into? I phoned them last week, and they came right back to me with an order number, but no build date yet. Might be worth checking as you never know, perhaps your order was never processed - and that can happen.

Coincidentally, I have the same car on order as you (1.2TSI Elegance DSG) - hope that is not a bad omen.

Edit: Just read your original post which explains things.

Do you call 

• ŠKODA customer services - 08457 745 745.

to get a build week?

Yes.

You can get them on this land line number and not the chargeable 0845 number above. It is the main VAG group HQ at Milton Keynes, so just ask to be put through to Skoda Customer Services (option 4).

I have just had my Yeti 1.2 Elegance DSG confirmed as having moved from status 10 (provisional build date) for week 49 up to status 20 (that's now a confirmed build-date) for that same week - so it does not look there is any issue with the version / gearbox - it may be more likely the build dates allocated to a specific dealership that affects when it actually gets built?

I have just had my Yeti 1.2 Elegance DSG confirmed as having moved from status 10 (provisional build date) for week 49 up to status 20 (that's now a confirmed build-date) for that same week - so it does not look there is any issue with the version / gearbox - it may be more likely the build dates allocated to a specific dealership that affects when it actually gets built?

Interesting and lucky you...........and good to hear that the 1.2TDS/DSg combo is not an issue.

When did you order (apologies if you have already posted answer)?

Edit: OK, just seen that it was early September. However, doubt if dealer could have processed an official order until 1st October, as prices/specs/option codes were not available until then (or so I was advised).

@Truthseeker - I checked this, this morning - I rang the dealer who checked it online with SUK's system - I ordered at the beginning of September

Edited by Jedoka