Has anybody got anything good to say about the mk3?

Yep,love everything about my vrs tsi estate, almost 3k on her now and goes like a dream. I've driven a lot of motors and drive audis in work, this is the best car I have owned and thoroughly enjoy driving it. It's one of those cars I just want to go out and drive for the sake of it

love mine..........

lot more responsive although I have gone back to manaual.......my mk2 was dsg and not very keen on it...

very quite,no rattles no squeeks :rofl:

more mpg and slightly more room for the "thing" who goes in the back....and the seats are comfy too!

strawberrypankakes006_zpscefa7670.jpg

• Like 1

I have an 11 plate MKII FL  Vrs  Petrol DSG, in Yellow with 16.5 K on the clock. I can't really see the point of changing for an extra 14 BHP which will cost me the price of a Kidney and to be honest I don't really like the look of the new Octavia, it looks like a large Rapid and the fake exhaust triangles are ugly, think they reversed it into Halford's and said " sort the back end out please "

Sorry but it don't float my boat. To me the best looking Vrs is the MKII FL.

I'm hoping to keep mine for a good few years yet

• Like 3

I have an 11 plate MKII FL  Vrs  Petrol DSG, in Yellow with 16.5 K on the clock. I can't really see the point of changing for an extra 14 BHP which will cost me the price of a Kidney and to be honest I don't really like the look of the new Octavia, it looks like a large Rapid

Sorry but it don't float my boat. To me the best looking Vrs is the MKII FL.

I'm hoping to keep mine for a good few years yet

I would have kept mine if the timing belt hadnt slipped an taken the engine out!

I like the O3. It looks good, is big inside, decent equipment and its cheap (yes, yes, its more the Mk2 - OF COURSE it was going to be)

I'm sure they'll be niggles when I get my VRS, but every car has niggles - The sat nav in the Superb is very slow and DSG is quite dim witted

Although I'm amazed at what some people moan about, like "the handbrake should be moved to the drivers side"

Honestly, if people find things like that annoying, I wonder how they ever learnt to drive in 60s/70s/80s and the cars back then with all their quirks

So don't worry, you're not alone, there are good things to say about the Octy ;)

Sorry if this upsets anyone but I can hear the VW Golf owners reading these posts and saying "we told you so".

If you go on the Golf VII forums there are plenty of moans about lead times, dodgy filler flaps, traffic sign recognition missing, dealers ordering the wrong spec etc etc.

And they paid more for the privilege LOL!

I love mine despite the niggles, it is the dealer service that makes all the difference, if you have a good dealer you will enjoy the car.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Generally the happy people are the silent majority.

The people with issues post up to moan and look for help and answers.

So a forum always gives a slanted view about any car, making it look worse than it is.

Unless it's about a Fabia petrol VRS and oil usage... :giggle:

• Like 3

As Bossfox says, people generally only post in forums when they have a problem.

The Mk7 Golf forum will have all the same types of posts......in fact if you read a forum for any make of car, you'd be lead to believe there is no such thing as a reliable car!

Of course there is, and there are many silent but happy owners.    

As Bossfox says, people generally only post in forums when they have a problem.

The Mk7 Golf forum will have all the same types of posts......in fact if you read a forum for any make of car, you'd be lead to believe there is no such thing as a reliable car!

Of course there is, and there are many silent but happy owners.

I'm remaining quiet
  • Like 1

Super happy with my white tsi vrs estate. Great fun to drive and practical. Fuel economy is great (relatively)

Skoda dealer has been helpful and courteous.

Highly recommend the car - just make sure you put the LED number plate lights in ;)

Cheap to fill up?

(cause it has got a rather small fuel tank of course).

What MPGs are people getting from the petrols?

I get 32 as average around town. Get a steady 37-38 on long runs at 75/80. Chuffed really considering the oooomph

• Like 1

2.0tdi elegance estate brilliant cheap to run car,interior very comfortable ,fit and finish good,mpg good,low tax,good residues,

Yes cars go wrong!!! All makes all models don't be put off

Went away this weekend 50mpg winter pack worked well and heated seats are excellent.

You are quite right.

Lets us then use this post to highlight the positive side of the mk3 written by the silent minority.

Such as the people who are quite chuffed to see the plastic ticket holder is on the right side of the windscreen or the fact that roof grab handles are now dampened (I may be wrong with the handles, but some happy owner can let me know).

:-)

I am relatively new to posting on this sight, and am probably going to be slated for posting this. However here goes.

I have noticed that in the past few weeks this sight has turned into a moaning forum to debate every tiny snag or annoyance, such as whats that squeek, my windscreen has glare, wipers cost money,etc etc.

So whilst I now wait with dread for my vRS to arrive (dont forget it will be probably be delayed, thats another favorite moan isnt it), only to have it catch fire on the way home, I have to ask one question.

HAS ANYBODY GOT SOMETHING GOOD TO SAY ABOUT THE NEW OCTAVIA?

Sorry if this upsets anyone but I can hear the VW Golf owners reading these posts and saying "we told you so".

:hi: Please read my post "Solid As A Rock" dated 30th October which I penned to try & put a positive slant on the new Octavia. I've now completed 2000 miles and could not be more pleased with my car - in every respect it's better than every other car I've owned, & that includes 3 BMW's, a Mercedes, a brand new Audi, 2 Honda's and a variety of big Fords, all of which had many good points, but none as completely satisfying as my Octy 3 Elegance DSG 1.6 Tdi.

Do NOT let the "doom 'n' gloom" merchants put you off - as I previously posted, it's well worth the wait 'cos it IS that good a car ! :happy:

JKW

So if that didn't happen you would still have your mark 2?

Probably not to be honest. I had the funny feeling something was going to happen for several months and ordered the new one a week before it went phut with only 52k on the clock. I never really took to it in the same way I did to my yellow mk1 which saw me to 120k with only a few coil changes.