Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!

Read of frightening happenings with ACC on this forum, ie sudden braking if too close to bollard, if someone cuts in front sharp or litter blows in front. Is it true.

Anyway this has changed from a post your photo's topic somehow. If you're not careful I will put another GREEN Vrs photo on here...........

I've done around 10,000km with ACC as 90% of my driving is on the highway with ACC.

I've never had any problems or feelings it hasn't detected something when it should do or vice-versa.

It takes a bit of getting used to as you are not in control of the coasting, braking or accelerating but after a while it becomes normal.

I think the way it maintains the gap when someone cuts in-front is a well balanced (you know it has detected the car but the deceleration is smooth & not over-aggressive) & the "sportiness" of cruise control can be adjusted in the settings (although I didnt really change this from the default).

Heres a picture of my ACC radar to keep things a bit more on-topic:

post-113376-0-86047900-1396852320_thumb.jpg
  • Like 1

With the Mrs out for the evening I managed a decent evening clean on my VRS. I waxed it when I bought it which was about 2 months ago and now it just needs a quick shampoo and comes up lovely!

Very pleased with it...when I was washing 3 neighbours came out of their houses to talk to be about the car...being from London originally I'm not used to speaking to my neighbours!!!

The 19's are really starting to warm on me, b-stard to keep clean though I bet.

Is yours lowered, moat on 19's look like their running on stilts without lowering springs.

I'm happy to find that not even one photo is exactly as the RS I've ordered.  :D

So many race blues, almost all with black package, many estates. Three things not on my list.  :clap:

I'm confused about the Black Edition. What's the "Black" mean, especially on a white car...

Thats a good one. Even on black car the main feature is missing "black pack". I just loved the look of black alloys with moon white.

I'm confused about the Black Edition. What's the "Black" mean, especially on a white car...

In a Black pack you get black wing mirrors and black grill frame. On the estate you get also the black roof racks.

But in my view if it was the other way around, and you'd get black wing mirrors as standard I'm sure most guys would pay to get them in car paint. Silly actually.

Update:

Sorry for misunderstanding if you were asking about the new Black Limited Edition.

Edited by Davey007

Does anyone have some decent pics of a Wagon/Combi/Estate with internal and external photos - preferably Candy white?

Does anyone have some decent pics of a Wagon/Combi/Estate with internal and external photos - preferably Candy white?

This thread is full of them, it's the most common colour.

I havent seen any internal pics showing off the roof in this thread. A few external ones, but most people seem to take shots from down low on the car, so you almost cant see the roof at all. Agreed that white with a pano roof does seem a common combo.

The 19's are really starting to warm on me, b-stard to keep clean though I bet.

Is yours lowered, moat on 19's look like their running on stilts without lowering springs.

Not lowered...but on a slanty drive so maybe that makes it look lower!!

I think the 19" are awesome...the car was ex-demo and had 18's on but ordered 19's in advance so I could swap them on the day as I picked it up!!

Has anyone got one in laser white, yet? Flicked through here and couldn't see any... I've just placed an order for a Greenline 3 estate in laser white (fancied a change after a succession of red cars, and though I think the red vrs looks good, didn't seem to look as good on the green machine). Going to keep an eye on this thread while I wait!

Picking mine up in 2 weeks, Elegance estate in Laser White (just to be different) so will put up a couple of pics as soon as I get chance.

• Like 1

Picking mine up in 2 weeks, Elegance estate in Laser White (just to be different) so will put up a couple of pics as soon as I get chance.

Awesome, can't wait to see what it actually looks like but I bet you can't wait to pick it up even more!

Finally!!! After 8 months and 2 days I picked up my new VRS! My wife took some pictures with her phone. More will follow with a proper camera / photographer.  :D

Octavia Estate vRS 2.0 TSI 220 DSG | Moon White Metallic | vRS upholstery with red seams
Black design package | Sunset glass | Electric sunroof | 19” Extreme anthracite alloys | Crew protection assistant | Rear side airbags | ISOFIX front passenger seat | vRS leather | Heated front and rear seats | DAB | Columbus sat nav | Colour Maxi dot | Bluetooth+ | Canton sound system | KESSY | Anti-theft alarm system | Adaptive cruise assistant | Front assistant | High beam assistant | Lane assistant | Road sign recognition | Parking assistant | Webasto auxiliary heater with remote | Retractable exterior mirrors | Trunk lid power closing | Detachable tow bar | 230V socket | TPM tire pressure monitoring

post-112314-0-05222000-1406369946_thumb.jpg

post-112314-0-04887500-1406369985_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Finally!!! After 8 months and 2 days I picked up my new VRS! My wife took some pictures with her phone. More will follow with a proper camera / photographer.  :D

Octavia Estate vRS 2.0 TSI 220 DSG | Moon White Metallic | vRS upholstery with red seams
Black design package | Sunset glass | Electric sunroof | 19” Extreme anthracite alloys | Crew protection assistant | Rear side airbags | ISOFIX front passenger seat | vRS leather | Heated front and rear seats | DAB | Columbus sat nav | Colour Maxi dot | Bluetooth+ | Canton sound system | KESSY | Anti-theft alarm system | Adaptive cruise assistant | Front assistant | High beam assistant | Lane assistant | Road sign recognition | Parking assistant | Webasto auxiliary heater with remote | Retractable exterior mirrors | Trunk lid power closing | Detachable tow bar | 230V socket | TPM tire pressure monitoring

attachicon.gifWP_20140725_009.jpg

attachicon.gifWP_20140725_010.jpg

What an awesome spec - nice one (you must be loaded!).

Black design package | Sunset glass | Electric sunroof | 19” Extreme anthracite alloys | Crew protection assistant | Rear side airbags | ISOFIX front passenger seat | vRS leather | Heated front and rear seats | DAB | Columbus sat nav | Colour Maxi dot | Bluetooth+ | Canton sound system | KESSY | Anti-theft alarm system | Adaptive cruise assistant | Front assistant | High beam assistant | Lane assistant | Road sign recognition | Parking assistant | Webasto auxiliary heater with remoteRetractable exterior mirrorsTrunk lid power closing | Detachable tow bar | 230V socket TPM tire pressure monitoring

Nice spec - what a pity Skoda UK doesn't offer the items highlighted in red :(

Great looking car and fab. spec. I bet that long wait has quickly faded into the background now that you have the car!

Nice spec - what a pity Skoda UK doesn't offer the items highlighted in red :(

You can spec heated rear seats in the UK. £200 on top of the fronts.

I decided not to as I don't care about my back-seat passengers at all.

Edit: whoops, too slow.

Edited by Mort
  • Like 1

attachicon.gifWP_20140725_009.jpg

attachicon.gifWP_20140725_010.jpg

Very nice, and great spec to boot… still hard to see the difference in the white though (without it being parked next to a Candy or Laser).

White is the new black, or grey, or whatever… so it seems!

Thanks! I had a chance to fulfill my dream to fully spec a new car, so it was now or never.

I bet that long wait has quickly faded into the background now that you have the car!

8 months feels like nothing.  :D  What a car... Actually it's 2 cars - you can cruise it like a limo or just put a little weight on the right foot and it transforms completely. Everything works like a dream and it's wonderful to drive. The acc and lane assist take some time to get used to, but so far they've worked flawlessly.

just ordered my new octavia elegance.rio red, hawk bicolour 17 inch, with black sport style pack.will post pic soon.

Any update on your delivery date Nolnoc as interested to see what the sport style pack looks like. Cheers.