Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!

That was something I was wondering, could I have asked about red.... no I'm kidding! :D

What I was wondering is this normal, never bought a brand new car before :D

Picked up 5 new cars in my lifetime (all Irish dealerships) and I've never seen anything like this...The time I picked up my Skoda in '08 it was covered in mud!..The dealer said they had taken it out to test it before I was due to collect it and they didn't have time to wash it!!...Wtf...They were lucky I was in a hurry....Unusual really as my last three cars were company cars and as far as I know dealers don't make great profit when a leasing company has negotiated the price so they make more money if they get the four years of servicing which I do actually have control over which garage I use..

Anyways...don't want to hijack the thread...March 1st over in the UK so has anyone picked up their new Octy yet?

They had a personal message as well! :)

And the umbrella, 1/2 tank of diesel, bottle of white wine and box of chocolates.

qEXkjBq.jpg

Nice touch that  :clap:  

I've ordered a TSI hatch in the same colour but with silver stitching.

If Faintree Skoda Telford see this, I like red wine and my wife would like flowers over chocolate  :thumbup:  

• Like 1

They had a personal message as well! :)

And the umbrella, 1/2 tank of diesel, bottle of white wine and box of chocolates.

qEXkjBq.jpg

Nice!! If my dealer does this I'll collapse. 

Did the mudflaps come as standard? My dealer says they are but I'm not convinced!  :sweat:

I have a silver hatch coming on the 10th May with black pack, sunset glass and front and rear sensors, was worried I had chosen the wrong colour untill now...looks great with black design pack and those wheels...

• Like 1

Well after a tortuous 7 month wait for my first Octy ... it's finally arrived!  An absolute nightmare with Skoda dealers and Skoda UK messing up orders and re-orders but the wait is over at last.

... and I have to say it is an absolute dream to drive!  The Elegance spec is really nice, the DSG and sports suspension are great, and the Metal Grey colour and Golus wheels are spot on!   :thumbup:

The only problem now  ... it has no audio!  Paid extra for the Canton SS and there's no audio anywhere (phone, media, radio, aux input, sat nav ...).  Canton doesn't even appear on the large screen options.  Booked in for repair already.   :wall:

I really hope things get better.

2552gdl.jpg     11ikaah.jpg

Octavia 2.0 TDi Elegance DSG:  Metal Grey, 18" Golus Alloy Wheels, Sports Suspension, Columbus Sat Nav, Canton Sound System, LED rear lights ...

• Like 3

Cheers john.  Basically I ordered it in July with a confirmed delivery date of Oct 17th and received a call in the final week to say the Sport pack was no longer available and I'd have to re-order the entire car and go to the back of the queue again!

From what I can gather from Skoda UK it sounds like the dealer messed up the order ... but who knows.  Either way I was then told by Skoda UK that I'd be a priority for the re-order but I've been checking on here for months and it's come through just the same as anyone else's. Just frustrating.  In the end I decided to delay it another couple of weeks when it finally arrived in the UK and waited for a 15 plate.  After 6.5 months, what's another couple of weeks?  

Apart from that I'd already had problems with logging requests for test drives this time last year and no-one contacting me back.  I decided after a month of waiting to raise it as an issue and one was finally arranged.  Don't get me wrong though, I've seen almost everyone else on here have a really good experience so I'm sure it's just unlucky that I've had all 3 things go wrong - test drives, the order and now the sound system.

TBH I half expected mine to be on that boat that hit the rocks the other week!   :p

It is a lovely car ... and my glass is still half full!    ;)

• Like 1

Cheers john.  Basically I ordered it in July with a confirmed delivery date of Oct 17th and received a call in the final week to say the Sport pack was no longer available and I'd have to re-order the entire car and go to the back of the queue again!

From what I can gather from Skoda UK it sounds like the dealer messed up the order ... but who knows.  Either way I was then told by Skoda UK that I'd be a priority for the re-order but I've been checking on here for months and it's come through just the same as anyone else's. Just frustrating.  In the end I decided to delay it another couple of weeks when it finally arrived in the UK and waited for a 15 plate.  After 6.5 months, what's another couple of weeks?  

Apart from that I'd already had problems with logging requests for test drives this time last year and no-one contacting me back.  I decided after a month of waiting to raise it as an issue and one was finally arranged.  Don't get me wrong though, I've seen almost everyone else on here have a really good experience so I'm sure it's just unlucky that I've had all 3 things go wrong - test drives, the order and now the sound system.

TBH I half expected mine to be on that boat that hit the rocks the other week!   :p

It is a lovely car ... and my glass is still half full!    ;)

Well after a tortuous 7 month wait for my first Octy ... it's finally arrived!  An absolute nightmare with Skoda dealers and Skoda UK messing up orders and re-orders but the wait is over at last.

... and I have to say it is an absolute dream to drive!  The Elegance spec is really nice, the DSG and sports suspension are great, and the Metal Grey colour and Golus wheels are spot on!   :thumbup:

The only problem now  ... it has no audio!  Paid extra for the Canton SS and there's no audio anywhere (phone, media, radio, aux input, sat nav ...).  Canton doesn't even appear on the large screen options.  Booked in for repair already.   :wall:

I really hope things get better.

2552gdl.jpg     11ikaah.jpg

Octavia 2.0 TDi Elegance DSG:  Metal Grey, 18" Golus Alloy Wheels, Sports Suspension, Columbus Sat Nav, Canton Sound System, LED rear lights ...

Sorry to hear. 

I've had my VRS wagon since Oct 14 and after 11000kms , my Columbus with Canton upgrade appears to have the same problem as yours. The only audio coming through the speakers are from the parking sensor warning sounds. I took it to the Skoda  service department today and they have asked to keep the car overnight as despite doing  a software update and no error codes appearing, the sound is still mute from the unit.

I hope your car gets sorted soon as well so you can enjoy a great car.

• Like 1

picked my (wifes) new car up today....

image_zpsmuvthkkj.jpg

realised I had photographed it all wrong, so made amends with the other photos on the way home....

image_zpsp2jxagi1.jpg

image_zpsoqixy2kj.jpg

it's lovely, handover was great.... really thorough, with a sheet over the car when we walked in (I've not bought a new car before (only a van and the handover of that was OK but just a bit 'there it is, see ya') so this could be normal, but it made us feel special :happy: )

I had issues with the order and it took a while, but I'm really happy with the way we were treated and the end result...... and when we first ordered we were told the week of 16th Feb as delivery... so after all that we are only 2 1/2 weeks late. 

Been out this afternoon, fitted my bits and bobs, and had a bit of a play, but suspect it'll be a while before I've worked it all out :D   anyway, off to gaze out the window again (not at the car... wife has gone out :rofl:  :rofl: )

• Like 3

Quick Shoot of the VRS until I get chance to spend a little time on some proper photos.

I'm in North Wakefield so I will keep an eye out for you. I've got a moon white kombu.