What browser are people using these days?

Neo_VR

What Web Browser are you using?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. What Browser are people using?

• Internet Explorer
    • Chrome
    • Firefox
    • Safari
    • TapaTalk
    • Mobile Browser(Iphone/Android)
    • Opera
    • Safari (OSX)
    • Chrome (OSX)
    • Firefox (OSX)

Chrome for me. It syncs with Google Now on my Nexus 4 and relays things like visited websites, open tabs on my laptop, syncs starred places on google maps and makes them available on the phone's satnav next time I use it.

Firefox with Adblock Plus and Noscript. Every time. Opera isn't too bad, I used to like the 'speed dial' feature but FF has that now. IE is something you use to download FF. **** Chrome, Google want to know too much and pretty much all you do with it is tracked and logged to be held against you at some point.

^ This.

• Like 1

I generally use Chrome on my desktop, laptop and phone. I have the chrome app on my Ipad but have been too lazy to transfer the config I have on safari across as there is no easy way (as far as I know) I have stuck with Safari on it. Can't stand IE but have to use it at work even though we are stuck on version 6, YES 6, which is incompatible with loads of sites and software.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't update IE beyond version 8 on my old Windows XP and as a lot of sites don't work properly on that I've moved to Firefox which has been much better.

Got a later version of IE at work but even that's not great on some sites.

For Desktop it's Firefox. It's nowhere near as good as it used to be though, kinda sluggish and bloated, I can't play games and have it running at the same time because it uses so much memory. It's also kinda crap with videos sometimes. So I use Chrome occasionally. The browser on my HTC phone runs way better than Chrome

Chrome (Windows 7) - Desktop
Chrome (Android 4.3) - Mobile
Chrome (OSX 10.9.1) - Laptop

Roccat (OSX 10.5.8) - Writing laptop
TenFourFox/Firefox (OSX 10.5.8) - Same writing laptop as above
Iceweasel/Firefox (Raspbian Wheezy) - Raspdock/Raspberry Pi Laptop

Edited by DaKKs_152

Firefox and IE.

We banned Chrome at work after we changed the proxy servers, and discovered that 20% of our upstream bandwidth was being used by Chrome sending data back to Google.

Chrome key-logs and sends every single keystoke, chuck of form data & URL back to google

malware, pure and simple

I only have it installed inside a quarantined VM, and used for testing purposed

Google also have large number of malware advertising tracking systems, all can be blocked via firewall, and also via use addins for Firefox like noscript

Firfox for me, simply because while downloading some program it wanted to make chrome my default browser. In a moment of parania I said no and IE then packed its bags so rather than pay for another install of IE I started using firefox which I now quite like. As a follow up I installed McAfee over Christmas and bought a PC tune up program for a few quid on the back of it and that's now resored the broken link that prevented IE from working but I've not gone back

Firefox for me (with Adblock) - got off using IE years back.

Now have FF on my PC at home, phone (Galaxy S4) and tablet (Galaxy Tab 3 10.1) - all synced.

At work I use FF and IE - IE is the IT choice but I have managed to get FF on it and it does work a lot quicker.

Didn't like Chrome the last time I tried it and as I like FF, no need to try it again.