Enabling boot closing from keyfob and interior button using VCDS

1 hour ago, Item said:

Can you disable the damn beeping through ODBEleven as well or does that need full-fat VCDS?

Yes, you can - pretty much anything coding wise that VCDS can do, OBDeleven can do also

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jaco2k said:

Yes, you can - pretty much anything coding wise that VCDS can do, OBDeleven can do also

Cheers - Might have to fork out for it then! Will also need to try and find an old Android tablet or borrow my wife's phone I guess - given there doesn't seem to be an IOS version?

1 hour ago, Riolux said:

I think I've seen it somewhere in there. I will have a look.

Thanks mate.

Dealer was very helpful in enabling the close/fob/button function but said they couldn't (wouldn't?) disable the warning tone...and now it beeps on both open and close, which it didn't do before!

On 2017-02-02 at 01:13, Item said:

Thanks mate.

Dealer was very helpful in enabling the close/fob/button function but said they couldn't (wouldn't?) disable the warning tone...and now it beeps on both open and close, which it didn't do before!

I forgot to check this. Need to be in the car to check it, and there's always other stuff to do in there, like driving. I'll try to remember it today.

Edit: I found this on a german SEAT site and it's google translated:

1. Select STG 6D (tailgate)
  2. STG Access Permission -> Function 16
  3. Enter code: 12345
  4. STG Adjustment -> Function 10
  5. Enable channel (6) equipment - Select sound pickup
  6. Set the channel to not active
Edited by Riolux
Added info
  • Like 1

On 01/02/2017 at 20:39, Riolux said:

Yes.

1. After connecting, go to control units (green "hamburger menu" button)

2. Go to Deck Lid control unit (6D)

3. Go to Security Access, enter login: 12345 (check that it is accepted)

4. Go to adaptation

5. Select "Activation using rear lid opening button in remote key"

6. Set "Tap function for closing" to active

7 Click the green check icon and check that it is accepted.

8. Do steps 5-7 but for "Activation using rear lid remote unlocking switch".

Forgive me being a beginner - I did steps 1 to 4 fine bit there was no option for "Activation using rear lid opening button in remote key" or remote unlocking switch. 

Any ideas?? I have an SEL Exec with the power tailgate. I did manage to turn off the beeps though. 

OBDEleven order placed.

Hopefully soon see the back of that obnoxious boot beeping...and enable tear drop and lengthier convenience flash on indicators whilst I am at it!

4 hours ago, Item said:

OBDEleven order placed.

Hopefully soon see the back of that obnoxious boot beeping...and enable tear drop and lengthier convenience flash on indicators whilst I am at it!

I made a video on turning off the beeping:

• Like 1

On 07/02/2017 at 19:58, mpooleman said:

Forgive me being a beginner - I did steps 1 to 4 fine bit there was no option for "Activation using rear lid opening button in remote key" or remote unlocking switch. 

Any ideas?? I have an SEL Exec with the power tailgate. I did manage to turn off the beeps though. 

Closing the rear boot from keyfob and internal switch cannot yet be coded on the Superb Mk3.

Edited by Coops
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2017 at 20:51, Riolux said:

I made a video on turning off the beeping:

Worked perfectly thank you!

Now I just need to work out why my teardrop wipe, increased blinks for comfort indicator and reset wiper blades to rest on engine off haven't worked...

25 minutes ago, Item said:

Worked perfectly thank you!

Now I just need to work out why my teardrop wipe, increased blinks for comfort indicator and reset wiper blades to rest on engine off haven't worked...

I've not read any of the previous replies so this might have already been mentioned but have you reset the infotainment system after carrying out those mods? That's what I had to do when my comfort turns didn't initially work.

25 minutes ago, john999boy said:

I've not read any of the previous replies so this might have already been mentioned but have you reset the infotainment system after carrying out those mods? That's what I had to do when my comfort turns didn't initially work.

Thanks - that didn't work, but going into the car settings and resetting "Lighting" to factory settings did the trick!

Only thing now not working is the teardrop wipe...I reset "Wipers" to factory but didn't seem to have the same luck. Will do some more investigation...

On ‎10‎-‎02‎-‎2017 at 17:01, Coops said:

Closing the rear boot from keyfob and internal switch cannot yet be coded on the Superb Mk3.

Yes it can - you just have to use VCP :)

• 3 weeks later...

Having had an 04 Octavia 2.0D for 12 years, have finally changed it for a new Superb SE L.  As per this thread, the electric tailgate is a real bore in that you can't close the lid from the button inside the cabin or the key.  Who would I get to do the reprogramming?  Would a non-dealer, but VAG Group, garage do it (for a fee)?

Got a question about front parking sensor - but will check other threads (Fabia SE has it, but Superb SE L appears not to have!).

Thanks,

Nick

• 5 weeks later...

Correct VCDS cannot do this,

VCP needs to upload a new file to the controller. 

If you look at the VCDS owners map in my signature there are a few of us who also have VCP. 

The closest is from Barcelona that is of me at a distance of about 660km. Of home .... a shame that vcds can not .... for little more than to reset the oil changes will serve me xDD

• 6 months later...
On 12/27/2013 at 17:55, Gizmo said:

I coded my Superb several months ago, but have not since hooked up any other car with the electric tailgate option. 

Hi,

Does this work also on Superb II Sedan? Or it's only for Combi?

When i try to acces 6D i get no response from Controller.

thanks

9 hours ago, FlorinGEF said:

Hi,

Does this work also on Superb II Sedan? Or it's only for Combi?

When i try to acces 6D i get no response from Controller.

thanks

Providing you have the electric tailgate / hatch installed then VCDS can code the MKII Superb.

• 10 months later...

Hello Team,

Today I've tried to configure the closing thru internal switch and remote key. Followed the provided screenshots as in this thread, but without luck.

It's now working with the internal switch, both opening and closing by short press on internal switch.
However by remote key, only closing is working, not opening.

Before the changes, I was able to open thru switch and remote key. Closing was not possible.

Anyone any idea what could be wrong?

Many thanks in advance,

John.

Skoda Octavia O3 Combi Style Business Edition

image.png.8d997e8eaeeb3e4b2aefe5b09c7fe708.png

image.png.9fb639d5c6b09d569adb61d80e2c5ccd.png

image.png.438044cb18ae54702e473ff5fc59bfe6.png

image.png.a8ddad6de8a711744da7783d83b8e90a.png

image.png.cef13e01dfbeaebbbe3d32a67968e53f.png

image.png.4f1edba075e81c24ed1b3268a5188a4b.png

image.png.488b99756f8ef2e1b6ef9a4e50c77cf4.png

image.png.6186674c62e8aadbe04a8992a3247897.png

image.png.daf6cafff0bacf7b7337947e28259375.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi I can’t find this on VCDS under these sub folders. I can get there and there’s a massive list but none of these. 

Yes i I have vcds and electric tailgate. 

Vcds 19. 

Any help please? 🙏🏻