How to enable Traffic Sign recognition

Did you use the security code before accessing the controller?

Also, from memory this is a drop down to select this?

I have hit upon a number of times were coding or adaptations are rejected, come all the way out of the controller and go back in again, using any necessary security access codes. They seem quite sensitive to timing you out.

Sent from my phone so please excuse brevity and spelling

• 2 months later...

I'm missing a trick though as it is the same with the cars that I have enabled traffic sign recognition on, the maxidot shows signs recognised by the camera, but not signs from the satnav. There is something extra needs enabling that I haven't found yet ......

• Like 1

Can I just come in here quickly chaps. I have a mk 3 Elegance so have a camara behind the rear mirror for the auto headlights I spect' Columbus informant system and understoud that Road Signs would be read by this setup but having seen your in car photos do not get any road signs come up on maxi dot screen?

Any answers Gentleman.

Regards

Colin.

Can I just come in here quickly chaps. I have a mk 3 Elegance so have a camara behind the rear mirror for the auto headlights I spect' Columbus informant system and understoud that Road Signs would be read by this setup but having seen your in car photos do not get any road signs come up on maxi dot screen?

Any answers Gentleman.

Regards

Colin.

You need the lane assist camera, not the high beam assist camera for traffic sign recognition.

I'm missing a trick though as it is the same with the cars that I have enabled traffic sign recognition on, the maxidot shows signs recognised by the camera, but not signs from the satnav. There is something extra needs enabling that I haven't found yet ......

Just noticed the CAN Gateway may need coding for it ...............................

• 5 weeks later...

I do get a warning not long after starting up - Traffic sign recognition: restricted.

According to the owners manual this is due to a lack of SatNav data, it only shows up the once though.

I am having a few problems with this coding, can anyone help with the section Controller A5 are the settings as per the screen shot? Any clarification would be helpful.

Thanks

That Controller A5 is now sorted checked the settings and I handt changed it - all displaying fine but I do get the same error as Neily03, again only the once not long after starting up. Does anyone else have this error and did you resolve it?

Bit new to this coding lark but all seems to be coming together now, thanks to the advice on this forum.

Edited by Pinsharp

That Controller A5 is now sorted checked the settings and I handt changed it - all displaying fine but I do get the same error as Neily03, again only the once not long after starting up.

You'll also have an error on the maxidot under 'Vehicle' and on the infotainment under 'Vehicle status' with the steering column highlighted, these errors will be there permanently.

Thanks andyvee and Neily03 for your comments, I had'nt noticed the Vehicle status error, I will take a look tomorrow does that error go if you disable traffic signs in maxi dot from the infotainment system? If so I might just disable for now just in case the steering column warning is needed legitimately at some point.

Thanks andyvee and Neily03 for your comments, I had'nt noticed the Vehicle status error, I will take a look tomorrow does that error go if you disable traffic signs in maxi dot from the infotainment system? If so I might just disable for now just in case the steering column warning is needed legitimately at some point.

No, even if you disable it you still have the errors, that's why I had Andy switch it off completely on mine.

The vehicle status one might be because you had a Bolero Neil

Yes I only get the Traffic sign recognition restricted error, no other errors and only the once per start up.

Before the coding I couldn't get the Columbus the show the traffic signs on the maxidot anyway, so maybe the error is to do with that more than the new coding?

Happy to live with it at the moment just getting the signs from the camera and not satnav and camera.

If I do need to disable it was the original setting for this (The only one I didn't make a note of):

Controller A5 (Front / front view camera)

07 - Coding

Byte 1

Bit 0 Enable - "01 traffic sign recognition (FTE) active"

Thanks

Yes I only get the Traffic sign recognition restricted error, no other errors and only the once per start up.

The error is due to there being no speed limit data available from the satnav maps, it's actually in the owners manual.  The sign recognition is meant to work in tandem with the satnav maps, hence it not being happy on mine with a bolero.

• 4 weeks later...

Any progress on this? I have a Seat Leon FR 1.4TSI with Lane-assist and navigation (comparable to Amundsen) and I have been able to code Traffic sign recognition and it's working with the error message. What's more is that the signs recognised by the system is shown on the navigation screen, so there's clearly some communication going on between the mfd and the infotainment system!