Creaking on full lock

Does anyone else have creaking from the front end when on full lock. It is like a creaking scraping. I happens as the car is moving forwards or backwards. I noticed it parking yesterday. Part of me thinks it could be the tyres as it sounds similar to the sound of driving inside a tyre centre when the floor is painted (not sure if anyone understands what I am saying!!)

It's a vrs Octavia 3 by the way.

Not noticed this myself - but then again I don't think I've had it on full lock as yet.  What shape vRS is it?  Combi or hatch?

I'll check mine out in a bit - got a couple of camera's to fix to the cars today.

Anyone else found this issue?

Mine was doing exactly the same once it got to around 1,500 miles, nothing before.

Took it to Skoda, apparently the grease had come off the inner CV joint and it's totally normal. He greased it back up again which has cured it, but did tell me to expect it again once the road water has washed it off again.

It's a Combi... Interesting. It's been very wet, so maybe that has had some effect. Either way I think I'll take it in at some point.

Mine was doing exactly the same once it got to around 1,500 miles, nothing before.

Took it to Skoda, apparently the grease had come off the inner CV joint and it's totally normal. He greased it back up again which has cured it, but did tell me to expect it again once the road water has washed it off again.

looks like a re-call if you ask me, something seriously wrong here.

Guest Cossiecol

Umm that's not "totally normal" infact it's not normal at all...

Guest Cossiecol

If it settles down after a bit of use then it's fine mate :)

If it doesn't then back to dealers for a free replacement...and again it's fine :)

Surely that aint nomal either - I thought the boots were made of rubber, so where is the creaking coming from?  Why would they need to grease the CV Boots?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Apologies gents. I commented without getting the sheet back out - see attached image, is that normal?

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1388835826.659506.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sprayed with grease, what grease can you spray ? Sounds more like sprayed with wd40 which will have been washed away in a week. Have they never heard of silicon grease, great stuff and very resistant to heat and water, but is expensive so I guess that's why they don't use it.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I would have thought silicone or ptfe spray was maybe a better solution. The bellows squashed closed on one side at full lock so folds touching and rubbing as it twists.

Probably the boot is a little too closely clipped on the drive shaft end, that is, looking in the straight ahead position, the boot is too compressed. The dealer should really undo the clip and pull the boot back a little and reclip, if that's possible. Rubbing could lead to the boot splitting over time.

Mot testers might fail a car with visible grease on the boot as they will assume it's come out of the CV through a split.

Edited by xman

• 3 years later...
On 08/02/2015 at 10:21, myself24483 said:

Any news for  noises when full lock right and when returning from full lock right?

Did you ever get to the bottom of yours? I'm getting the same on mine, only when turning right full lock at very slow speeds