Metal Grey?

Doesn't the black surround come as part of the black design plus pack along with the 19" wheels Allan?

Yes, but iirc before the black design plus you used to be able order the Extreme alloys without the black pack (note roof rails and no sunset glass)

• Like 1

That looks excellent Allan.

Thanks after 2 race blue hatches I needed a change. Gonna sort out some tints for the rear nothing too dark though

Doesn't the black surround come as part of the black design plus pack along with the 19" wheels Allan?

I didn't take the black pack as I wasn't keen on the black mirrors and I preferred the silver roof rails. When i ordered mine the black pack was seperate from the 19"s

Well after a tortuous 7 month wait for my first Octy ... it's finally arrived!  An absolute nightmare with Skoda dealers and Skoda UK messing up orders and re-orders but the wait is over at last.

... and I have to say it is an absolute dream to drive!  The Elegance spec is really nice, the DSG and sports suspension are great, and the Metal Grey colour and Golus wheels are spot on!   :thumbup:

The only problem now  ... it has no audio!  Paid extra for the Canton SS and there's no audio anywhere (phone, media, radio, aux input, sat nav ...).  Canton doesn't even appear on the large screen options.  Booked in for repair already.   :wall:

I really hope things get better.

2552gdl.jpg     11ikaah.jpg

Octavia 2.0 TDi Elegance DSG:  Metal Grey, 18" Golus Alloy Wheels, Sports Suspension, Columbus Sat Nav, Canton Sound System, LED rear lights ...

• Like 2

So after a very long 7 months I've finally had my first Skoda for a whopping 4 days.  Back with my local dealer all day today and now they need it back all next week because they don't know how to troubleshoot the fiber optic cables!  They questioned whether the car had even had a pre-delivery inspection carried out by the purchasing dealer as this was basic stuff that had been missed.  This, despite it being in their possession for 4 weeks ... during which time all this could have been fixed ready for delivery.

It genuinely is a lovely car but this consistent incompetence across the company is now seriously testing my patience!    :wall:

Someone please tell me this will get better.  I need some good news about this move over to Skoda before I get so cheesed off that I send it back.  Lie to me, I don't care.  I just need to hear something positive.  I am seriously fed up with this move right now.

Phil

Octavia 2.0 TDi Elegance DSG:  Metal Grey, 18" Golus Alloy Wheels, Sports Suspension, Columbus Sat Nav, Canton Sound System, LED rear lights ...

Edited by pgeldard

• 2 weeks later...

And the good news is ...

.... my 2 week old motor is now back from my local dealer with the Canton sound system all fixed!  Thought I'd just close off my posts above on a more positive note.  Skoda UK still not looking great overall but my local dealer, Gordon Lambs in Derby get top marks for great service and really looking after me.  :thumbup:

I left the car with them all last week where they arranged for Skoda UK in Milton Keynes to remotely connect to the car where they diagnosed a problem with one of the fiber optic cables.  The protective cover for one of the cables basically wasn't covering the full length thereby exposing the fiber optic cable itself, which for those who know anything about FO Cables basically means it don't work!  All replaced and now sorted.

A lovely crisp, clear (and unbelievably loud!) sound emanating from my new Octy all the way down the M1 this afternoon!  :rock:

Now that this is fixed I'm finally loving all aspects of the car.  Acceleration, handling, looks, Elegance spec ... just brilliant!     :rofl:

2552gdl.jpg

Edited by pgeldard
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

VRS%20%201%20of%201-2_zpsaurkhtb9.jpg

This is mine - Took at the weekend after a wash and wax! Only been 6 months or so waiting to get a decent pic of it!  :|

Edited by Fazanders
  • Like 1

I am so so so torn at the moment. Need to make my order today and was adamant on the race blue color before I saw a metal grey one in the show room yesterday. The thing that is putting me off is just how many grey cars you see today. I've just hit 30 and I think I'm in a bit of denial haha. I'm being drawn to the blue I think as it might allow me to hold onto my youth a bit longer. Haha. Having said that. The metal grey does look a tad classier.

I am going for the 2.0 TDI VRS Hatch with black package.

I just need to make my choice on the color. HELPPPP :)

• Like 1

Welcome to the dark side! I was in the same situation as you. Convinced i wanted blue.... This thread and then seeing one in the flesh converted me. My metal grey vrs estate (with black pack) is being delivered on Wednesday. It's practically the twin of Fazanders car above

Snet with speeling mistkaes from my phoen

Edited by Greg R
  • Like 1

As you say there is a huge number of grey cars around the place, and the Octavia risks merging into the background a bit anyway. I really like my Metal Grey one, and it looks superb when clean, but for 75% of the time with a bit of road grime, I think it is a bit anonymous. Living in south London that is perhaps a benefit. The blue definitely has a bit more wow factor.

Edited by London Les

My thoughts on it when I was buying was that I wanted something that could slip under the radar and not stand out too much but that when people actually looked at it properly they thought 'nice' - That's why I went for the grey and love it! 

I agree with les. I also wanted the car to be a little less conspicuous because i have to park in some pretty grim places from time to time. I thought the race blue was possibly a little bit too much of a potential trouble magnet

Welcome to the dark side! I was in the same situation as you. Convinced i wanted blue.... This thread and then seeing one in the flesh converted me. My metal grey vrs estate (with black pack) is being delivered on Wednesday. It's practically the twin of Fazanders car above

Nice one mate. Looks the business. Had my first test drive in the hatch yesterday and it had me sold very quickly. This decision would be much easier after a few pints but no chance of that today haha.

Thanks guys. Very quick one before I take the plunge. Just looking at the available toys ( I know it's not technically related to colour)

It's allowing me to select cornering fog lights as an option. My mate has a new Audi in which when cornering the road he is turning into is lit up before he turns into it. I want to check if the cornering fog lights are the same thing. OR is it as the name suggests, the cornering fog lights will only work when the fog lights are enabled (I.e very rarely).

2) the electrically heated adjustable and folding door mirrors - auto dimming option - I assume the mirrors can be moved electrically anyway without this option ? Do the standard vrs wing mirrors dip when you reverse as standard ? Not really sure I would need the folding mirrors is all.

Cheers guys !

Cornering fogs can be programmed using vcds to function regardless of whether the fogs are switched on. Don't waste money paying for this from the factory.

The standard mirrors are electrically adjustable as standard but no folding or dimming etc. Again, dip on reverse can be coded using vcds (but not as accurate as when speccd with memory seats). I hope this helps

• Like 1

My thoughts on it when I was buying was that I wanted something that could slip under the radar and not stand out too much but that when people actually looked at it properly they thought 'nice' - That's why I went for the grey and love it! 

Exactly the same decision for me.

When I ordered last year, everyone had Race Blue or White so I wanted something different & a bit less "in-yer-face".

For me I prefer the fact that it looks like a normal, inconspicuous car.

But having watch the Mk3 Octy population grow, it seems that the metal grey, black & white dominate the colour trend here in Switzerland so perhaps next time I might go for something else.

• Like 1

Metal Grey is my favourite colour. Seen a few about here in Prague. Sadly the owners did not understand that wheels set a car off and had 15's on them. Either that or company cars. 

• Like 1

I went for my Race Blue on mine. I think it looks great, and a normal Norwegian carpark could easily be named 50 shades of grey.

But I do think metal grey looks awesome.