L&K Black Leather

Neighbour of mine's decided to plump up for a Superb and is looking for an L&K with black leather but recons he can only find ivory or brown leather. Haven't checked online but surely L&K comes in black leather and he's just not looking hard enough.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

I think it's only brown. I wasn't keen until I sat in it and 18 months later have no complaints. Looks good and wears well so far.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

He's keen on the ivory but has 2 young kids so ivory's out and doesn't like the brown leather against the black plastic parts of the trim.

Needs to get shot of the kids or buy an elegance.

The interior trim is in brown as well. Do not be put off by that as the pictures do not do the internal colour scheme justice IMO. I have had mine for nearly two years and lots of people have remarked that the interior trim is much better than they thought it would be.

I second that. I have an L&K black magic with the dark brown interior. The car probably would have looked better in something like metal grey or platin, but it works well with black magic.

Can't vouch for wearing well, with only 5000 miles on the clock, though.

We were looking for a used Combi DSG with cream leather, they are like hen's teeth. Wife was adamant that the black option looked tacky. We bought an L&K and despite initial doubts, once we saw the brown leather we were convinced.

Pre FL only brown was available in the L&K - has that changed?

I despised the L&K brown leather in every photo I saw, I particularly hated the black button inserts on the brown steering wheel which seemed to look very wrong. 

However in real life it all looks fantastic and I cannot fathom how it can look that bad in a photograph.

One look and I had to buy it. I even love the nasty brown paint colour, but then I had a silver /grey car for years like just about every car on the road so having any colour is nice.

We were looking for a used Combi DSG with cream leather, they are like hen's teeth. Wife was adamant that the black option looked tacky. We bought an L&K and despite initial doubts, once we saw the brown leather we were convinced.

Pre FL only brown was available in the L&K - has that changed?

Yup. L&k's available in brown or ivory leather now.

Waiting on an ivory one at the min.

• Like 1

I despised the L&K brown leather in every photo I saw, I particularly hated the black button inserts on the brown steering wheel which seemed to look very wrong.

However in real life it all looks fantastic and I cannot fathom how it can look that bad in a photograph.

One look and I had to buy it. I even love the nasty brown paint colour, but then I had a silver /grey car for years like just about every car on the road so having any colour is nice.

Think my neighbour's basing his anti-brown stance on the back of photos, funny, he mentioned the black steering wheel buttons too. I'll tell him to see one in the flesh

Would have gone for ivory had it been available but love the brown. Only problem is the perforations - how do you get puke out of the perforations ? We have a car sick grand child :-)

Just took delivery of my L&K last week with ivory interior (also had ivory in my last Superb).  The dash and steering wheel etc is also finished in a soft brown which gives it a very up-market look.  I also went for magnetic brown exterior and I think the whole colour combination really works.  I saw a black L&K with brown interior in the dealers last year and thought the black and brown colours didn't really work well.  It's all personal choice I suppose.....

• Like 1

Would have gone for ivory had it been available but love the brown. Only problem is the perforations - how do you get puke out of the perforations ? We have a car sick grand child :-)

I doubt you would get sick out. Best cover them or just not let kids near it.

Just took delivery of my L&K last week with ivory interior (also had ivory in my last Superb).  The dash and steering wheel etc is also finished in a soft brown which gives it a very up-market look.  I also went for magnetic brown exterior and I think the whole colour combination really works.  I saw a black L&K with brown interior in the dealers last year and thought the black and brown colours didn't really work well.  It's all personal choice I suppose.....

We'll wear 170. That's the exact same colours as the car I went for. 170 with DSG.

We'll wear 170. That's the exact same colours as the car I went for. 170 with DSG.

Thanks! I wasn't sure about the colour combo when I ordered but happy with it now and would find it hard to go back to black again. Prefer manual to DSG, anyway with auto added you're starting to get close to 5 series/A6 money!  The 18" wheels are fine also - another concern I had with the roads we have here.  Probably not going to be too many L&Ks in Ireland I'd imagine

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! I wasn't sure about the colour combo when I ordered but happy with it now and would find it hard to go back to black again. Prefer manual to DSG, anyway with auto added you're starting to get close to 5 series/A6 money!  The 18" wheels are fine also - another concern I had with the roads we have here.  Probably not going to be too many L&Ks in Ireland I'd imagine

Well There is one more now. Collected car today, met brown 170 DSG. It's an L&K with beigh leather. Looks and drives great.

Well There is one more now. Collected car today, met brown 170 DSG. It's an L&K with beigh leather. Looks and drives great.

Best of luck with it and happy motoring!  Glad you like the colour, you can never tell until you actually see it.  Its not a bad good colour to keep clean actually (the wheels are a bit of a pain to clean alright) but if you do a lot of mileage like me the car will be dirty more often than not!

post-101233-0-78278300-1391456029_thumb.jpgpost-101233-0-69222800-1391456042_thumb.jpgpost-101233-0-86769300-1391456054_thumb.jpg

I took delivery of my Magnetic Brown 170 DSG L&K with the Ivory Interior at the end of December.

I think it is classier than the Dark Brown in my opinion and the contrast between the brown dashboard and ivory leather is just right.

The only extra I added was Wood Decor.

See attached photos.

• Like 1

The brown dash and interior are one of the worst marketed interiors ever. Not only does the idea sounds horrible, and I've yet to see pictures (official Skoda ones or owners) that do it any justice. I'm sorry but it looks plain ugly in the brochures, and if you take a picture with flash it looks like poop-coloured plastic....Just wish there would be more of them standing around at dealers so people could *see* the brown with their own eyes...I spend quite some time in Skoda dealers, and I've only ever come across one L&K with the brown interior on the showroom floor. In real life they look absolutely stunning.

I've never seen a light ivory interior with the brown dash and wood trim Duffers, and it just oozes luxury. Well done, enjoy your very unique and classy Superb!  :rock:

Edited by Too Tall
  • Like 1