AP shocks and springs, Any good?

jays

Thinking about lowering but dont want coilovers. Im after a sensible drop to improve handling without having to avoid ramps/speed bumps etc

Been looking at the 25mm AP shocks and spring kit, just wondered what people, that have them fitted think of them?

Any problems at all within the 2 year warrenty eg leaks,knocks/bangs etc. Also any problems with rubbing when the cars 4 up etc.Can they be fitted with standard drop links etc

Need something that will improve handling and looks but without any problems

Also anyone got pics of them fitted?

Not very visible but there's me and 2 passengers in the car when this pic was taken, it didn't rub at all and still went over bumps fine

looks like the drop im after just needs to be comfortable for everyday driving and without any problems. Anyone else?

Is anything else needed when fitting the ap springs and shocks or is it just a case off swapping standard springs and shocks for the ap ones? Cheers jack

Yup, You can just swap like for like. 

However I'd recommend replacing the topmounts at the front and in the rear install new bumpstops for Ibiza FR. 

This will add about £40-50 to the price but it's well worth it for piece of mind!

• 2 weeks later...

Is it normal vrs top mounts that are recommended or is there better ones available????

Also, what other mounts or bushes etc are best to change aswell at the same time for handling improvements????

Dave.

Edited by switchblad3

Is it normal vrs top mounts that are recommended or is there better ones available????

Also, what other mounts or bushes etc are best to change aswell at the same time for handling improvements????

Dave.

Normal top mounts will be fine ~£25 each IIRC from TPS. For bushes, people go for Ibiza Cupra bushes or Powerflex poly bushes.

Just sorting this myself, anyone know part numbers for the top mounts and bump stops??

Also, what is a sensible price for getting these fitted by a garage? Been quoted £200?

Ben

Just sorting this myself, anyone know part numbers for the top mounts and bump stops??

Also, what is a sensible price for getting these fitted by a garage? Been quoted £200?

Ben

I paid £80 in total to get them fitted along with a RARB, and went back at least 3 times for them to check them over because i had a little knocking noise coming from one side, £200 is way too much

Never got to the bottom of the noise, but it has stopped since i've been running 36 psi front, 34 psi rear tyre pressures, instead of 38 all around that i was running before, which was causing the knocking

I paid £80 in total to get them fitted along with a RARB, and went back at least 3 times for them to check them over because i had a little knocking noise coming from one side, £200 is way too much

Never got to the bottom of the noise, but it has stopped since i've been running 36 psi front, 34 psi rear tyre pressures, instead of 38 all around that i was running before, which was causing the knocking

Harry, where did you get yours fitted? I'm not far from you so wouldn't mind driving to somewhere if its gonna be that cheap, can afford to add a RARB in there too !