My VRS prescription has arrived

How excited am I :rock: ........ TTTHHHIIISSS MMMUUUCCCHHH!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance:  :dance: :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Due to pick her up Friday  :makeup: and bingo, she is wearing a set of continentals! Also has some nice vrs badges on steering wheels and DSG gear stick that I don't recall seeing before but they are a nice touch, I like! I forgot to take photos but anyone else seen these? 

post-109120-0-47623700-1390857152_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Like a kid at Christmas :) get some pictures up straight away. I couldn't get out of mine when I picked it up. I picked mine up from Preston, came home (oldham) picked the girlfriend up and went Blackpool. Did about a 200 mile trip in a day, loved it and still do.

• Like 1

I used to work in Cumbria an was gonna go up there for old times sake to see an old work mate but think he's gone away on holiday, maybe go anyway just to make sure he's not in, it's only 280 miles each way.... :rock:

Still excited :dance:  :dance: :dance:  :dance:  

post-109120-0-49725800-1390859680_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I used to work in Cumbria an was gonna go up there for old times sake to see an old work mate but think he's gone away on holiday, maybe go anyway just to make sure he's not in, it's only 280 miles each way.... :rock:

Still excited :dance::dance: :dance: :dance:

I'm sure this isn't your first brand new but for me it was, I was so excited.

Thursday night will be the worst for you, you won't sleep. You'll be twitching Friday morning clock watching waiting for the dealer to ring, soon as the phone makes a noise youll dive on the thing! I'm sure you'll be fine ;)

• Like 1

I'm sure this isn't your first brand new but for me it was, I was so excited.

Thursday night will be the worst for you, you won't sleep. You'll be twitching Friday morning clock watching waiting for the dealer to ring, soon as the phone makes a noise youll dive on the thing! I'm sure you'll be fine ;)

Yes this is my first ever brand new car! My '04 mk1 fabia vrs was ex-demo and 1 owner but was only 6 months and 6k old when I got it, had it 9 years, it had couple subtle mods but kept it looking standard and was an awesome car!!!

Yes this is my first ever brand new car! My '04 mk1 fabia vrs was ex-demo and 1 owner but was only 6 months and 6k old when I got it, had it 9 years, it had couple subtle mods but kept it looking standard and was an awesome car!!!

If you think that was awesome, just you wait.

Tony

• Like 1

I used to work in Cumbria an was gonna go up there for old times sake to see an old work mate but think he's gone away on holiday, maybe go anyway just to make sure he's not in, it's only 280 miles each way.... :rock:

Still excited :dance:  :dance: :dance:  :dance:  

I live in Cumbria, if you want me to lead you round a few awesome roads, let me know ;)

edit: and glad they have the vRS logo's back on ! mine was one of the early facelifted interiors with the new wheel and gearshift, but the vRS logo's had dissapeared!

edit again!: and good job with the contis ;)

Edited by sharkrider
  • Like 1

Main thing is let those tyres and brakes get a bit of a running in.

& check what they put the tyre pressures at, at the PDI, set yourself, and reset the TPMS.

& enjoy.

TPMS, I'll Google that.... lol, never before had a car with so much tech!!! Thanks for the heads up!

Tyre wise, they'll be scrubbed by the second corner   :rock:

'Tyre Pressure Monitor System'.

Set your tyre pressures, then hold in the little button and you will see the Light on the Dash and hear the Noise,  Set.

(Checking how the tyre were set is a good heads up to see if they bothered going over your car properly,

not a guarantee, but if the pressures are all over the shop, you know to check other stuff.)

The system is pretty hopeless really, (Just IMO)

it does not let you know tyres might be letting down slowly, but might, but might not.

Really it lets you know if a tyre blows out, but you might  notice that anyway if you do not have Run Flats fitted.

Be sure to check the Spare/Kit is all in the boot, Tweezer for the Nut Cover removal,!!!! etc.

• Like 1

Iv had a blow out before. I didnt need the dash to tell me, their were alot of signs something wasnt quite right haha.

Although, my mate at college didnt even realise he had a flat until i pointed it out. Then it took him another 2 weeks to be bothered to get it changed haha

If you set it it might well work, it should, it uses the Sensors to detect the difference in tyre diameter.

Others have only had it show when the tyre pressure is so low that they are driving spirited before they notice a warning.

Why it needs driver input and understanding, check and set tyre pressures and Re-set the TPMS.

It is not a system that lets you leave your tyres unchecked,

or let a tyre fitter or technician do your tyres, then assume they Re-set the TPMS.

(people drive for ages and no warning, then they nip on, get a warning, and when they check they find mis matched tyre pressures.)

Reading the Owners Manual is a good idea for getting an understanding of how it works,

many never do, just as many seldom check tyres from one season till the next.

http://michelin.co.uk/tyres/learn-share/care-guide/cold-weather-tips

28-36 should be good enough before anything bad / more damage happens :)

George: I'm, a bit anal with my tyres, right down to the little extra pressures in the winters ;) I'm always acreful to set the pressures correctly (and never trust the tyre techs to do so!) using my own digital gague, then reset the TPM, I do however then leave the system to check the pressures for me , as (like I said) it has picked up two slow punctures already :)

• Like 1

Good, but as Oz Fabia posted, the system can not be trusted to pick up on a change of pressure, 

(that is not just internet myth.)

I can put on a one different sized tyre, like a spare, reset the TPMS and then no warning.

Or fit a different size not reset and get a warning due to the system working as it should.)

Someone can have one low tyre, press re-set and then drive about with one Tyres with an under inflated or over inflated tyre.

So the Basic System just needs treated as that, basic, and hit of miss.

If an owner does not set it themself after checking the tyres, they do not know what pressures or Tyre Diameters it is set for.

• Like 1

I have been told that my car is on the docks in Germany and will take 2 to 4 weeks to deliver...is this estimate about right in your experience?

Based on this I ordered a Rallye Green vRS on Saturday to replace my ageing Smart car as I wanted something as fun to drive with paddle shift but could also accommodate my daughters car seat in the back (shocked at the amount of space in the Skoda).  The Fiat 500L has the space but...

• Like 1

I live in Cumbria, if you want me to lead you round a few awesome roads, let me know ;)

edit: and glad they have the vRS logo's back on ! mine was one of the early facelifted interiors with the new wheel and gearshift, but the vRS logo's had dissapeared!

edit again!: and good job with the contis ;)

I lived in cockermouth for a couple years between '04 and '06 but spent so much time working that the only road I got to know well was the A66 to scotch corner and back, nice roads but lots of blind crests that dampen down spirited driving until you know them.

So might just take you up on that offer at some point! :happy:

As for the contis, it worked out well as the meteor grey car I rejected was shod with Dunlops. :smirk:

Nice colour CNC but what happened to Battleship Grey/Primer?

Thanks! Long story short is the ex-demo in platin I went to look at with intent to buy was sold (Matt the forum Ninja bought it, I forget his profile name)  the computer system at dealer said a platin car was in the pool of pre spec'd stock cars currently in build and would be in the country in 3-4 weeks-ish but it turned up in meteor and needless to say it didn't wow me so I didn't accept the car and it turns out that platin is no longer available. So silver is my only choice and when I saw it in the flesh for the first time Monday (never actually seen a silver one in the flesh until then), well..... it was worth the wait!!!! plus I got the exact spec I wanted, nav, climat, armrest, phone prep, leather pack, sun glasses storage, mats. So happy days.... ahh the battleship grey car went into the show room (early November) and sold couple weeks ago.

Wrighty

Edited by wrightcnc2009
  • Like 1

<snip>

Lucky you, I love the Lakes and visit friends in Penrith as often as possible.

I suspect that the pass from Braithwaite to Buttermere and back could be fun because of the visibility but the Kirkstone Pass would be a nightmare - for the same reason.  However, I would have thought that many of the potholed and narrow roads there wouldn't really suit the suspension on a vRS?

Perfect roads for vRS suspension, its just what you want. & a nice narrow car.

In its element actually without rock hard suspension or slammed.

with 205/40 R17 tyres & alloys you might not want to hit potholes, and the suspension is great for aiding in that.

But you really do not want to hit potholes with any tyres.

george