How many miles on a full tank?

Hi guys

As relatively new to Skoda, just wondering how many miles should my skoda superb eleganse estate  2 ltr diesel on a full tank?

First tank was about 430 miles  I think this is low!

Thanks in advance

My 09 plate 170 CR Elegance DSG returned best 603, Average 534 on a full brim to brim, averaging 46.793 over 55K miles.

I drive mainly A and M roads on my journey to/from work - 85 miles a day.

170 Estate DSG, 45.4 MPG at 35000. 500 mile + between fills, usually have 80 miles left according to the trip computer (light just on) when I refill.

Slightly worse in winter (winter mix diesel???).

Mostly motorway / A roads. 2 x 190 mile commutes each week!

Don't trust the fuel consumption reading - mine usually shows over 50 mpg!

Edited by bw10030

I got over 1000 Km on the first tank.

In fairness it was a round trip the length of the country.

Regularly get up to 6/700 Km though.

2013 140 TDI Combi Ele

Funny enough, I've been wondering the same thing - what's the real mpg for my CR 179 Elegance diesel?

It depends how you drive and what sort of driving you do. Only had 1 full tank, and except for one round trip of 110 (mostly) motorway miles, did a lot of short journeys and got about 400 miles on a full tank (the wife forgot to write down the mileage before she reset the counter, so it is a guestimate).

So, I can say round town looking at approx 35.7 mpg

I then did 3 journeys of about 50+ miles each way on mostly motorway, and got 376 miles for 32.33 litres, which equals 52.9 mpg, which isn't bad, but not as good as my old Mondeo. I must admit I usually drive with economy in mind on motorways, so rarely go above 60 mph, apart from the time I was late for the dentist and hit 120 before I thought better of it !!!

Gpoing dowm to Londom in a few weeks, so will be interesting to see what you get on a long run

There is a noticeable difference between the new model and the pre-FL model (Skoda claim up to 19% and I believe it) and the stop-start system does help. Mine is still very new but got around 900kms (560 miles) on a full tank with my 170TDI (manual). That's mainly commuting with some city driving and I expect a slight improvement over time.  Only managed about 800kms (500 miles) at best on my last Superb which had the same engine.  So many factors to consider however, not least keeping it serviced regularly

2010 CR170 DSG (Shell normal diesel)

I mainly do city centres and ALWAYS get 400miles

Changed to winter wheels and its still 400miles.

Now recently i put in a while tank of Asda diesel (1st time ever)

And i got 450?!!!

I have now topped it back up with Shell (normal diesel).

Drove a few times with sports mode (a bit of welly) -

and i am getting 480!!!

I believe diesels are less efficient in the cold too?

My last car Scooby (petrol) loved the cold air!

I've got a 4x4 170 TDi and average about 400 mile from full to the light coming on (no long motorway journeys, only when towing a caravan), the trip computer indicates about 100 miles left in the tank, I thought this was quite poor especially when talking to the guys I work with who have Passats and Mondeos and they get 500 miles plus! It was only when I filled it up once when the light had come on and I only put about 46 litres of fuel in that I realised the car had a 60 litre tank when all other cars like the Passat and Mondeo have 70 litre tanks! When we worked it out mine was only a little less economical and we put that down to the extra weight of the 4x4 and the 170bhp, I just can't understand why Skoda only fitted a 60 litre tank when all its rival have 70 litre plus tanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I usually fill up every Friday on my way home, so have never found out range. Just convenient for me to do so. Can't see the point in letting it get very low. Only time I get near empty on a car is on long trips in Summer, but only bought the car in the Autumn.even then I don't normally drive for more than three hours as I get fatigued so tend to stop to fill up as a part of my break. So tend never to do more than 200 miles before refilling.

Others have said I'm dragging 50kg around unnecessarily, but I don't worry about that too much.

As usual, IMHO of course

Edited by Bristolf2b