"You're too young to be driving around in a Skoda estate.........."

I must be lucky. Everyone I've encountered has simply given and approving nod and said, 'nice'.

A friend who has a company A4 was round over the weekend and after a 10 min spin in my new 2014 FL Elegance Estate was say that he couldn't believe how nice it was inside and how much better the ride was.....

Even though I love me previous 2011 SE Twin-door, the new model is just SOOO much better. I'm delighted.

I must be lucky. Everyone I've encountered has simply given and approving nod and said, 'nice'.

A friend who has a company A4 was round over the weekend and after a 10 min spin in my new 2014 FL Elegance Estate was say that he couldn't believe how nice it was inside and how much better the ride was.....

Even though I love me previous 2011 SE Twin-door, the new model is just SOOO much better. I'm delighted.

My boss has an S-Line A4 and also agrees that my elegance Superb is a better car but says "I just couldn't bring myself to drive a Skoda"

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

My boss has an S-Line A4 and also agrees that my elegance Superb is a better car but says "I just couldn't bring myself to drive a Skoda"

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

More fool him for being a slave to a badge and worrying more about what others think than his own comfort......

• Like 1

I have over heard a salesman at a Skoda dealer make the comment to one of his mates that my car probably came with a free packet of Werthers Originals. :|

OK, even if it is it is brown, I am sure that Skoda UK would have a word with any salesman that had that attitude. Aren't good salesmen meant to believe in what they are selling?

I am also only 50, and still got all my hair and everything. :p

I have over heard a salesman at a Skoda dealer make the comment to one of his mates that my car probably came with a free packet of Werthers Originals. :|

Would have been an excellent moment to remind him that your Werthers Original car puts food on his table!

Too Tall

"so far all the options listed my Superb has too, and it's fully paid for, so I'm not hearing anything worth the 60 months of car payments using your credit system to be honest..."

He didn't believe me

Knowledge is power, so many people have little knowledge of the product they are buying so the salesman will hope to take advantage of that. Being a Grumpy old Man and as my mates say an anorak, I spend ages learning about what I am purchasing. When picked my car up,in January, I was surprised that the salesman knew less than I did about the features of the car and options.

One dealer I went to rather than bring the price of the car down offered to sell me car with my budget on basis that it was the 140 rather than the 170 and most people are satisfied with. My response was "really" then got up and went elsewhere. Pleased I did, got the car at a price that suited me :0)

• Like 1

Too Tall

"so far all the options listed my Superb has too, and it's fully paid for, so I'm not hearing anything worth the 60 months of car payments using your credit system to be honest..."

He didn't believe me

Knowledge is power, so many people have little knowledge of the product they are buying so the salesman will hope to take advantage of that. Being a Grumpy old Man and as my mates say an anorak, I spend ages learning about what I am purchasing. When picked my car up,in January, I was surprised that the salesman knew less than I did about the features of the car and options.

One dealer I went to rather than bring the price of the car down offered to sell me car with my budget on basis that it was the 140 rather than the 170 and most people are satisfied with. My response was "really" then got up and went elsewhere. Pleased I did, got the car at a price that suited me :0)

Yeah, it is shocking how little some salespeople know about their own products. Makes you think, before the internet (and before Google, and before places like Briskoda), must have been "golden years" for them, you could tell people anything you wanted in order to get a sale...

Yeah, it is shocking how little some salespeople know about their own products. Makes you think, before the internet (and before Google, and before places like Briskoda), must have been "golden years" for them, you could tell people anything you wanted in order to get a sale...

I've had to explain various spec options / alloy wheel options etc to sales people and sometimes they are completely unaware that they exist!  I even had to describe how adaptive headlights work and bi-xenons work to one salesman who had obviously never even heard of them!  The most bizarre example of a poor salesman was a few years ago when I wanted to order xenons as an option on an Octavia.  I was outlining the benefits of having xenon lights to the salesman (even though it should have been the other way around!) and he strongly argued with me that they were a waste of money and they would cost too much to fix if they were damaged. He would strongly advise against ordering them as he couldn't see any major benefit with them, needless to say I didn't do business with him!

• 2 weeks later...

the problems of the Audi are the costs, the price, the insurance, the service, the depreciation. I could buy A6, but Id ruin my budged for 5yrs and save almost nothing beside, just repay the bills

Edited by Kazimir80

Just turned 34 and picked up my 3.6 V6 superb a few weeks back.

I got a few of the old jokes from some of the lads and them likening it to a funeral car (it's a black twin door) but they soon changed there tune when they have travelled in it. I think I have converted a few of them to the virtues of skoda.

So far I am loving the experience especially the v6 grovel and effortless cruising . Previously I have had a Saab 9.-3 estate ( lovely car but got a bit long in the tooth) a mazda rx8 ( great car but worse mpg than the v6 and not just a little bit).

• Like 1

I'm 42 and I've had a 54 plate Octavia 1.9 TDI DSG since April this year and I love it.  I also recently started looking at the Superb's on eBay the other day when I realised you can get a V6 TDI in them.  I fear it maybe too late to help me.

I don't even need a big car because 95% of the time its just me commuting to work and back!

I'm 42 and I've had a 54 plate Octavia 1.9 TDI DSG since April this year and I love it. I also recently started looking at the Superb's on eBay the other day when I realised you can get a V6 TDI in them. I fear it maybe too late to help me.

I don't even need a big car because 95% of the time its just me commuting to work and back!

Sadly the V6 TDI is only available in the first the generation (up to 2008 or so). 170 tdi (4 cyl) is the range topper in diesel after that. You can still get a V6 petrol in the Superb II though :) (well at least until Superb III comes along and then that's dropped too)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Richard...... 67 and a half

Still working and the estate is more than ample for my equipment

In a sixties covers band and the pa etc goes in a treat.

Since I bought it I've lost three stone.

Get lots of admiring glances (the car does too)

Thank you

Edited by richard999

Currently 34 (and female!), got my first Superb Estate as a company car when I was 33. All colleagues laughed and thought me crazy for not getting a fancy Audi or at least a decent VW; they stopped laughing when they saw what I got  :D .

As I was so happy with my white giant as a company car it was clear what I´d get when I changed my job: Got myself a new Superb Estate in Elegance trim, even better outfitted than the previous one and in gun metal grey. Love the car, wouldn´t trade it in for any Audi in the world!

I am 25 and i have had my superb 6 months ago. A beige one too! :P

I keep looking at superb drivers to guess their age.

Mine is a lovely, beige, TDI DSG 170, elegance, estate with black leather... and i love it!

I used to have an Audi A4 sline avant and it is far better than that! even the fuel economy is better (45 vs 38) never mind the hike in standard equipment! cruise, heated seats, leather,heated screen (looking forward to frost to try it out)

this is my third skoda, by first, just 2 months after my 17th birthday! and it was an estate (my mates laughed) but the 1.9tdi whould show their saxo's, corsas a thing or two! :devil:

I currently drive a Superb twin door 140 SE but just ordered a 140 SE Est with premium sound system, tinted glass and auto load cover again in white.

Oh and I am 39.

I Love Skoda's, but wanted the Octavia VRS but not on list. yes I could have a more expensive superb Est with extras but not a Octavia VRS saloon? something to do with the resale price is a lot lower on the VRS.

I've had my Superb Elegance since l was 19 and a year later I still love it - My friends laugh when I have a Skoda...

Then they see the huge leather beast that it is and I love the retractions! 

68 - had it two years, following a Merc R320LWB.  As much space in 5 seat mode, better built and less than half the cost to fuel and maintain.

Tried a BMW 520 tourer today and found it cramped and claustrophobic - and less fun to drive. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 29, picked up my 2014 Superb Estate just over a week ago, it is my first Skoda and I love it so far, much better than my previous cars (Vauxhall Astra hatch and Vauxhall Insignia hatch) and already more fuel efficient. I haven't had any age comments yet, but a few double glances when I get to work

• 7 months later...