So what you been doing to your VRS lately?

Big Lee

Managed to successfully ruin the two bolt holes for the sump which are right next to the flywheel. Hoping i can get away with leaving them out

Done over 20 miles with no oil leak. Success!

• Like 1

bled the brakes yesterday loads of bubbles in the front right caliper, shat myself as i had no peddle then forgot i hadnt done master cylinder oooops. stops on a six pence now!   still think i need to do the front right again not happy with the amount of bubbles in it. 

Loads of things done, will report later. We have just arrived in Prague, after a visit at Kopacek in Hredle to pick up a WRC spoiler. After that a trip to Wien and then picking up some side vents and a diffuser at Milotec on our way home...

• 2 weeks later...

Went onto eBay for a further search for cheap suspension, had it in my mind I better not spend any money so I can save up for a decent set.

One hour later and I've spent £100 on a CAI and a K&N filter  :envy:

Fitted my CAI today, now ragging about like a 12 year old simply for the noise, what a life...

Anyone able to recommend some front grills suitable for a CAI? I've drilled out holes and all seems well, but I really hate the way that looks. Nobody will ever see the holes from a distance, but it annoys me.

• Administrators

Fitted my CAI today, now ragging about like a 12 year old simply for the noise, what a life...

Anyone able to recommend some front grills suitable for a CAI? I've drilled out holes and all seems well, but I really hate the way that looks. Nobody will ever see the holes from a distance, but it annoys me.

There are some honeycomb after market ones I've seen on eBay, will need to double check if they fit, and also find the left side.

s-l500.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OCTAVIA-I-RS-01-04-FRONT-RIGHT-BOTTOM-BUMPER-GRILLE-TRIM-BEZEL-GENUINE-/322130771271?fits=Model%3AOctavia%7CCars+Type%3ARS+1.8+T&hash=item4b007d7d47:g:ugQAAOSwy5ZXB7Ip

I've just drill some holes in mine after I've fitted the CupraR splitter.

Part No:

1U0853684 B41 Edited by DeanVRS20VT
  • Like 1

I changed the TIP and all relevant pipes.

And then I did something silly :/

I already have no cat or middle silencer and I went and cut the back box out....... Great craftsman ship but it's far far and I mean far too loud

Haven't posted for a while.

So a while ago I did a complete suspension upgrade:

b1wqR8Zl.jpg?1

- AP lowering springs and shocks (awesome stuff, harsh but not too harsh. Will still clear the autumn leaves :giggle: )

- Leon Cupra R top mount bush

- Leon Cupra R rear beam bush

- Golf R32/TT rear wishbone bush

- Superpro front wishbone bush

- 42 draft design aluminum subframe bush

- Lemförder R32 ARB droplinks

- New wheel bearings, gearbox oil.

Car feels great but I will add a rear ARB soon. I also did some cosmetic stuff:

- Rubber coated 17" Spiders in anthracite (Maston paint from Finland, top quality stuff).

- Seat Leon Cupra front splitter.

Drying after multiple thin layers:

lF29jOll.jpg

Looks much better and gave the old wheels some new life. New center badges on their way from China because of stealers wanting £10 each for them  :finger:

SnAxVhGl.jpg

Clay, polish, wax:

j3NKYq3l.jpg

Carbon fiber B-pillar wrap. Planned on going with the OE B-pillar stickers but they were out of stock in much of Europe. I can really feel the weight saving...

vv0GVxZl.jpg

This week I changed the battery fuse box, made a new alternator B+ cable (the black one) due to it burning to a crisp:

RGSLPjUl.jpg

New fuse box and alternator cable installed. Cables protected with a split-able (?) flexible tubing which we use at work in optical fiber installations.

70G2YHMl.jpg

Later on I'm installing my new turbo-back exhaust:

- TA Technix (Germany) 2,5" downpipe with 200 cell sports cat

- Piper 2,5" non resonated cat back with 3" round tail pipe. I need to plug the oval hole in the rear bumper with a rear diffuser mock up and drill a nice small round hole.

I'm also finally going to have my genuine WRC rear wing painted and fitted (bought it in 2013 for crying out loud).

Will report back soon.

Edited by Hasselhoax
  • Like 1

There are milotec ones which work well but they aren't cheap for what they are. You can make your own if you're happy to chop the stock ones up and bond some mesh in. Alternatively i'd buy (or borrow) a dremel, should be easy enough to remove the blanking behind the grille on the passenger side one.

Sissipaska them wheels look awesome. Did they take you long? How much prepping did they take?

Dead easy mate. Give your wheels a proper wash and let them dry out properly. Then just wipe the wheels down with some degreaser (careful so you don't mess with your wheels original finish) and let them dry for a bit. I cut up pieces of paper in 15 x 10 cm pieces and tucked them in between the tyre and the lip of the rim as a masking for the tyre.

Then you just go over them with the spray can and do multiple thin layers. Let each layer sit for about 15 min and then repeat. I purchased 4 cans of paint and it was perfect.

Top tip is to not let the paint dry for multiple hours and then paint them again as you will get some "texture" on the surface. Also remove any masking immediately after last layer otherwise you will pull the paint off.

All in all about an evenings work and they withstand pressure washing. Go for it, gives your wheels some new life.

Ah so it's rubber coating? Looks great in the pics. Pleased with it in the flesh? Got a link for the paint?

Yeah, it's Maston Rubbercomp from a company called Maston Paints Oy (from Finland). I really prefered their stuff over Plasti Dip. The finish is good, albeit a bit "rubbery" but that came due to me painting over a completely dry layer. Before that the finish was really glossy and a bit like powdercoat. What I really liked was the nozzles of the spray cans which made the job easier.

JSb1XzLl.jpg

I see you're based in Germany so you can probably get Foliatec paint easy and that stuff is highly rated.

Back to the subject, out of boredom (and :rain::wall: #Skodalife) waiting for parts for my car to arrive I dipped my grille surrounding today in gloss black. Looks OK but I need something more. I'm contemplating buying some wide arches and going for it.

ER8zq0Cl.jpg

I'm getting my grille put to black too. Had a friend who plastidipped his entire car (!!) once, who put me right off the stuff, so getting the painter to spray it the exact same as the car (which is black)