Mk3 Octavia L&K at Geneva - specs inside.

http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/news/Pages/2014-02-25-geneva-motor-show.aspx

L&K features include: 18-inch aluminium wheels, bi-xenon headlamps with LED daytime driving lights and LED rear lights. In the interior there is a 4-spoke multifunction steering wheel, leather/Alcantara seats in elegant brown, the CANTON sound system and newly-designed decorative trims.

The new Octavia L&K forges ahead with three powerful engines: the 1.8 TSI/132 kW petrol engine and two diesel engines: the 2.0 TDI/110 kW and the 2.0 TDI/135 kW.
The 1.8 TSI/132 kW and 2.0 TDI/110 kW engines are available either with manual or automatic DSG transmission. The 1.8 TSI with 6-speed DSG is also available with all-wheel drive, as is the manual transmission 2.0 TDI/110 kW. The top-of-the line 2.0 TDI/135 kW engine with combined 6-speed DSG and all-wheel drive will be introduced in the second half of 2014.

The latter sounds interesting though we won't get it in the UK I bet.... An L&K with the VRS TDI Engine, 4WD and DSG.

2014-02-25-geneva-motorshow-05.jpg

2014-02-25-geneva-motorshow-03.jpg
  • Like 3

I wonder what the delivery times will be on these...! (order now for delivery mid-2015)
I'll check it out when I'm at the Geneva Show in a few weeks.

I think it looks fine. I was a little unsure if I should have waited for the L&K instead of my Elegance but I'm not so bothered about Xenons or 18" wheels over 17" (though they look great) and I wanted a lighter interior to go with the darker paintwork so I'm happy with my choice. If they announce that it's only fifty quid more though, I reserve the right to change my mind and moan.

Time for a bit of idle price speculation...

I reckon £1800 premium over the equivalent engined Elegance so a 150bhp Estate goes from £23115 to about £25k.
DSG adds £1250, and then going to the 184BHP engine would be at least the same, so a list price of £27.5k plus options....

I wished vRS had come with 4WD

They did test the vRS with 4wd. Can only imagine VAG put the kybosh on that, especially as they have now put the 185 diesel in the Scout and L&K it seems strange to not have it in the performance version.

I think it looks fine. I was a little unsure if I should have waited for the L&K instead of my Elegance but I'm not so bothered about Xenons or 18" wheels over 17" (though they look great) and I wanted a lighter interior to go with the darker paintwork so I'm happy with my choice. If they announce that it's only fifty quid more though, I reserve the right to change my mind and moan.

Time for a bit of idle price speculation...

I reckon £1800 premium over the equivalent engined Elegance so a 150bhp Estate goes from £23115 to about £25k.

DSG adds £1250, and then going to the 184BHP engine would be at least the same, so a list price of £27.5k plus options....

Well 2017 can't come soon enough, I really like the look of this.

Wonder if they'll put twin exhausts on the 1.8tsi or the 20TDi 'vRS' engine version.

Its twin exhausts on the 1.8 4x4 and single on the 1.8 fwd

Nice - AWD & DSG.

Would have expected more in the standard spec though like previous L&K iterations - memory seats & mirrors & full leather, lane assist, front assist, adaptive cruise, KESSY, pano roof, Columbus, extra airbags, power trunk, winter pack etc etc - basically every option ticked. Can't wait to see one though, I could be tempted to trade in early for a AWD DSG with the vRS engine and multi link suspension. I hope the flappy paddles and a 3 spoke can be specced as an option.

Other than the AWD and vRS engine my current Elegance is a higher spec all round!

Pity about the brown only interior ... doesn't float my boat, but awd with a 1.8TSi lump sounds lovely, awd should have been on option on all vRS too IMO :) 

But ... if they currently are struggling to keep up with demand on some Octavia's, why introduce more ?