Well... I'm thinking of buying a Yeti

vRS G60

I do less than 10,000 miles a year (some years maybe even just 8,000 miles) and have never ever had DPF problems with my Yeti. Granted I never drive to work and back but plenty of out and about shorts trips in London with the occasional long motorway blast with the car alone, or a trailer or caravan on tow. So unless you really just do constant 2 or 3 mile trips with the car there is really no issue getting a diesel if you do even less mileage than I do...  Just factor in a decent blast every now and then. The extra cost I paid for the diesel is the price I pay for having something with some oomph that goes when I put my foot my down - be that on it's own or with the caravan etc. It still amazes me how much oomph this car has even with a ton+ of snail behind it. 

What he said....7000 miles a year and no DPF issues..

I came from a highly modified Octavia vrs and don't find our new 1.2 yeti annoyingly underpowered for 99% of real world driving. And those odd occasions where I yearn for a bit more power - well I just remind myself to just relax and enjoy the quiet, refined little motor. Can always buy something quick again in a couple of years.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

My previous car has a 2.0 litre diesel in it and I thought i would really miss the extra 30bhp when I changed "down" to my 1.2 TSi Elegance, particularly with the extra drag due to the Yeti having the aerodynamics of a brick. I don't. OK you haven't got  brute power but the Yeti is just such a fun thing to drive, even with the little engine. I regularly drive four up (and a Golden Retriever in the back) and never had a problem with hills.(This is in Hampshire, Surrey, West Sussex - it might not be the same in the more vertical parts of the country). IWhilst I've not yet done a journey longer than perhaps 200 miles in a day I've found it fine driving from Portsmouth to London and back of an evening, which I've had to do a number of times since I've had it.

Only a test drive will tell you one way or the other whether its right for you - when I test drove my first one I wasn't even off the forecourt before I was 90% convinced it was my next car.

I came from a highly modified Octavia vrs and don't find our new 1.2 yeti annoyingly underpowered for 99% of real world driving. And those odd occasions where I yearn for a bit more power - well I just remind myself to just relax and enjoy the quiet, refined little motor. Can always buy something quick again in a couple of years.

I've always got my Rallye Golf should I feel the need for speed :-)

Out on the floor.

K.T.F.

I've always got my Rallye Golf should I feel the need for speed :-)

Out on the floor.

K.T.F.

And a fine example it is too. Do PM me if you're ever ready to sell. :). I remember following you through Sheffield to some show or other - high peaks low dubs probably? Lovely car.

To the op ,,,, mate I've had 2 fabia vrs and an octy vrs ,,,,,, don't go for the 1.2tsi , you will regret it within a month of owning it, you'll miss the power. It's a brilliant engine but not quick by any stretch of the imagination.

Test drive a 1.8tsi and a 170cr ,,,, the traction of the haldex is a revelation , after years of vrs ownership I genuinely believe that the higher power yetis are better all round cars. Not driven a new vrs yet , but they are still fwd so will still spin in every gear up to 3rd , it's almost impossible to spin the wheels on a 4wd yeti,,,,,, try it !

Oh and I'm no boy racer either , I just like to have some fun now and again

Test drive a 1.8tsi and a 170cr ,,,, the traction of the haldex is a revelation , after years of vrs ownership I genuinely believe that the higher power yetis are better all round cars. Not driven a new vrs yet , but they are still fwd so will still spin in every gear up to 3rd , it's almost impossible to spin the wheels on a 4wd yeti,,,,,, try it !

I will second that. Audi did not invent quattro for normal cars for nothing. A Yeti might look like a 4x4 off road crossover but trust me the 4x4 gubbins are used every day to keep traction where it should be. I've never been able to chirp my tyres either. That it can go off-road too is just a nice by and by sideline in its armour. Imagine a Golf GTI with quattro and you've got a high powered Yeti in a nutshell.

• Like 2

I've had my 1.2 TSI manual for a month and I've found the performance is perfectly OK. Round town and everywhere else except motorways, no problem, and even on motorways it's fine, just starts to feel a bit blunt at 70+

Mind you, I have also got a Mazda MX5 Mk1 BBR Turbo for when I want a more sporting drive :)

I've been surprised how easily my CR110 2WD will break traction. Far easier than my Greenline Octavia ever did.

Hi vRS G60,

Just thought I'd mention that I've just listed my Yeti for sale.

Look in the cars for sale forum or try this link -

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/308293-skoda-yeti-14-tsi-se-petrol-black-sat-nav-only-4900-miles-61-reg/

It's a 61 reg 1.4 TSI SE with less than 4900 miles on the clock.

Best of luck with your Yeti hunting!

Nickel

Hi vRS G60,

Just thought I'd mention that I've just listed my Yeti for sale.

Look in the cars for sale forum or try this link -

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/308293-skoda-yeti-14-tsi-se-petrol-black-sat-nav-only-4900-miles-61-reg/

It's a 61 reg 1.4 TSI SE with less than 4900 miles on the clock.

Best of luck with your Yeti hunting!

Nickel

I've just been looking at it and very nice it is too :-)

I'm pleasantly surprised at how much my vRS SE is worth. That'd need selling 1st

Shaun

Out on the floor.

K.T.F.

To the op ,,,, mate I've had 2 fabia vrs and an octy vrs ,,,,,, don't go for the 1.2tsi , you will regret it within a month of owning it, you'll miss the power. It's a brilliant engine but not quick by any stretch of the imagination.

Oh and I'm no boy racer either , I just like to have some fun now and again

I see what you mean but around £12k - £13k is my limit. Not many around for that price. The 1.8 TSI seems rather thirsty too.

Out on the floor.

K.T.F.

I will second that. Audi did not invent quattro for normal cars for nothing. A Yeti might look like a 4x4 off road crossover but trust me the 4x4 gubbins are used every day to keep traction where it should be. I've never been able to chirp my tyres either. That it can go off-road too is just a nice by and by sideline in its armour. Imagine a Golf GTI with quattro and you've got a high powered Yeti in a nutshell.

For the first time I can recall I managed to chirp my tyres twice at the weekend. It is possible, but it was a loose surface!

Other thing to remember is the brakes on a 170. Had someone pull out in front of me on dual carriageway yesterday at speed. Really had to step on centre pedal and it was amazingly reassuring.

170 is the best engine for a Yeti IMHO. Just as economical as my previous 140, but with noticeably more go.

Prices vary don't they but looking at What Car valuation mine's worth around £3300 - £3400 trade in with the private price only £400 above that!!!. I'm expecting a trade in price of £2500 if I'm honest.

"We buy any car" gave me a quote for £3300 and looking on Auto Trader I'd expect over £4k private. 

Edited by vRS G60

Well if truth be known, looking at the range the stand out model for me engine wise would be the 140 PS TDI 4x4 in SE trim. But above my price range .

Well if truth be known, looking at the range the stand out model for me engine wise would be the 140 PS TDI 4x4 in SE trim. But above my price range .

Id say you need a 1.8 4x4 K04 Turbo'ed Yeti then. ;)

Id say you need a 1.8 4x4 K04 Turbo'ed Yeti then. ;)

If I could get 40 MPG average out of one I would. The Dealer who has the Yeti I'm test driving on Saturday has one of those at another branch :happy:  

If I could get 40 MPG average out of one I would. The Dealer who has the Yeti I'm test driving on Saturday has one of those at another branch :happy:  

Would that be in Corrida Red?. Just seen it on their web site. Mileage not too bad for the year.

A KO4 1.8 in the dealer network?! This ive not heard about! Interesting. Wonder what nutter did that to a poor Yeti! :happy:  40mpg average - differing requirement to your original post then - you are going to need a diesel then, maybe a 1.2TSi if its mainly town work. Dont forget Diesel is also around 8p more expensive per litre (well it is locally) so that going to make some impact on costs, aside from the diesel vehicle being more expensive to buy in the first instance. Im averaging 34mpg on my stop start commute which I think is pretty good and it'll sit at over 50mpg on a speed legal long trip :)

Albeit without the k04 I'm guessing?

Not a clue it's a 1.8 160 PS TSI 4x4 Yeti as far as I know they're all the same.

40mpg average - differing requirement to your original post then - you are going to need a diesel then, 

I discounted the diesel initially down to the cost of the cars. But now I'm pleasantly surprised as to the resale value of my car it opens up new possibilities.

Ideally, like us all I guess, I'd like the most powerful car with the best fuel economy at a low price.

• Like 1