Roof Wrap - Done & Now with TINTS :)

Might well protect the paint. I would be a bit worried about the uv on the rest of the paint. Might you not end up with a paint mismatch when you peel it off.

I would think in the Scottish heat that would take a good number of years, and in my case I will change in 2.5 -3 years anyway so not worried. Also I plan on keeping it on anyway.

Possibly reds or blues and brighter paints this may be quicker to notice also.

Plus as someone else said, a clear one would be good for bumpers (on combi's) and front bonnets/bumpers/wings to protect against stone chips and scratches.

I know someone who wanted a white BMW Coupe but they were 2k+ dearer than other colours (Used cars) due to everyone wanting white, so he bought a silver one and wrapped it white for £700.

It looks great! I have been waiting for my steel battleship and thinking about wrapping the roof as well, but not sure if I'll go with the whole roof or 2/3 as pano roof is... What do you think?

Can you please upload some pictures of your cool looking car with wrapped roof? I'm really thinking about to do the same, but not sure if I should go with the whole roof or 2/3 like pano roof is. Any ideas?

Maybe I am being pedantic but if you wrapped your car and changed the colour would you have to notify the DVLA? Would it not arouse suspicions of the polis when description did not match ANPR details?

Can you please upload some pictures of your cool looking car with wrapped roof? I'm really thinking about to do the same, but not sure if I should go with the whole roof or 2/3 like pano roof is. Any ideas?

Sorry not had a chance to take some new pics yet. Will try and do soon though.

I think the 2/3 look wont give you a goo finish in terms of your going to have a lip where the vinyl stops across the roof, so full area is only option imo

Looks great

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Have to agree and as my C250 is a mix of white with black bits, black wheels and tints I'm thinking of a black roof wrap for it too.

I'm also looking to wrap my roof gloss black.  Would like to get the chrome on the grille wrapped too.  How hard is that to do?

Easy if watching experts do it ;)

Certainly a few levels up from wall papering

Looks good, I'm thinking of having my Race Blue Elegance Estate done once I get it (probably end of April), but not sure of what to have on it, satin black to match the roof rails, or carbon fibre. Any votes/suggestions?

What do they do with the edge of the material once installed? Front and back of the roof I understand is wrapped around by the window, but what about the sides? Is it possible for water to get underneath, or even catch the edge with a fingernail and potentially damage the wrap?

I'm wondering whether it would look better with the spoiler left uncovered, looks a bit weird in black to my eyes.

Love the rest of it though.

Edited by Squirrelz

I'm wondering whether it would look better with the spoiler left uncovered, looks a bit weird in black to my eyes.

Love the rest of it though.

Spoiler isn't done on mine for that reason, overkill