What did you do with your Superb today?

Hi.

This is a thread that I was involved in on another forum.

Just a bit of fun, relaxed and friendly.

Just tell us what you did with your Superb today.

I changed my D1S headlight bulb.

Went to euro car parts and they wanted £135!

Needed it today so went to halfrauds and got it for 50.

Dave

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Sod all! It's in the body shop being repaired after a client of mine decided to reverse into it at high speed. I'm relegated to a basic-as-you-like insignia. Please kill me now.

Upgraded the main beam bulbs to Nightbreaker Unlimited. Was also going to do the sidelights but gave up as a bad job!!! Those holes in the light fittings are not built for my big hands!!!

I fitted 80W CREE LED bulbs to replace the fog lights, they give a far better and much whiter light matching the factory xenons very well. I did need resistors in line to get rid of the bulb failure warning on the dash. A very worth while upgrade for €50 (including the resistors, fitting is a doddle)

I've already replaced the  DRL's with LED's and they make a big difference too. Error free bulbs available from Super Skoda CZ (€21.50 delivered to ROI). I've got parking light bulbs on the way then that'll be all halogen free up front ...  :rofl:

Cheers,

Rob

I fitted 80W CREE LED bulbs to replace the fog lights, they give a far better and much whiter light matching the factory xenons very well. I did need resistors in line to get rid of the bulb failure warning on the dash. A very worth while upgrade for €50 (including the resistors, fitting is a doddle)

I've already replaced the  DRL's with LED's and they make a big difference too. Error free bulbs available from Super Skoda CZ (€21.50 delivered to ROI). I've got parking light bulbs on the way then that'll be all halogen free up front ...  :rofl:

Cheers,

Rob

Its very irritating that Skoda offer bi-xenons and then ruin the look with halogen bulbs.  It is quite distracting as well to have different types of bulb lighting at the front.  To make it worse on the FL version, there are LED DRLs, bi-xenons mains and halogen fog lights!!  It just doesn't look right.  Where did you get your new fogs?

Hi.

This is a thread that I was involved in on another forum.

Just a bit of fun, relaxed and friendly.

Nice idea but there is already a very well established "what did you do to your Skoda" thread in the General Car area, as BJM has linked :D

• Like 1

Nice idea but there is already a very well established "what did you do to your Skoda" thread in the General Car area, as BJM has linked :D

A great thread it is too, and a lot less, ahem, insular :think:

• Like 2

Superb 170,

I got the fogs at www.maxtuning.ie. The 80W CREE's were €23 each, €50 for both incl. the resistor harness. Looks great, and far better light. Really finishes off the look of the car, but for me it's about the visibility at night which is much better. They're available on the net in loads of places but I wanted to fit them on the spot to make sure there were no errors... Job done.

Good luck,

Rob 

• Like 1

Gave the car a wash. Only takes me 30 minutes now, no fun. Snow foam some shampoo onto the car, agitate loosely with a wash mitt and rinse, towel dry after applying a drying aid. Job done.

• Like 1

My Superb was approved by the Dealer/factory to receive a brand new driver seat, as the existing one starting to move back and forth/left to right on turns, like is was not bolted down properly on the floor.

Of course, the bolts were tightened from the factory, but the metallic skeleton of the seat had some play in it, so a new seat was ordered. :)

Thank God for Warranty !

• 3 weeks later...

Been busy with mine today. Fitted my new columbus, washed and fitted summer wheels, removed and cleaned winters and then washed and polished her. And then it rained! !!

Nothing fantastic, gave her another good wash down and topped up the sealant. You'd think I would be bored doing it by now but I'm not. I love my clean baby. 

did a few miles on dark country roads , when it was completely dark outside I  noticed the LED's in the ceiling light cluster that shine down on the dash . Really effective and gives a nice unobtrusive glow to the centre console and foot wells 

Finally took the mother-in-law home after spending 4 weeks with us. May I say the car performed Superbly :o)

Slightly off topic but I saw a White Superb estate travelling up the M5 with Bikes on top and DM Keith Sprawed all over the car. Anyone know what that was all about?

I put some new wheels and tyres on mine - Golus 18's from the Octavia 3.  As a result my Themisto's are for sale - blatant plug, so head over to the Parts For Sale page :-)