How can I disable start/stop with VCDS ?

Umm, which is exactly what S-S does automatically?  :wonder:

Indeed, but 99% of the time at the exact moment you DON'T want it to stall the engine.  Horses for courses.  Some love it, some hate it.  Me........... (3 guesses) ;)

I find it very easy to control SS with the brake pressure on DSG, others don't.

I agree, took me a couple of days but now i'm used to it and find it a good way of controling SS without using the button.

• Like 1

I've driven a manual and automatic with start stop. In the manual, yes I'd have it as it works exactly how you want it to. In the automatic, it was dreadful. I know you can regulate it with the brake pedal, but what's wrong with doing it the same way the manual works? Leave the engine on unless you put it in N or P. has anyone driven an automatic that works like this? If I'm holding it on the foot brake, then I'm probably going to move soon.

Theres the button on the shifter which you have to press to move it. If its released when in N or P, turn the engine off. As soon as its pressed again, start the engine. How hard can it be?

• Like 1

Not the engine temperature thresholds, the outside air temperature.

Mine kicks in from cold in all but the very depth of winter, but then it is heated front screen or the climate control stopping it from kicking in. I haven't seen a message about engine temperature stopping it from working yet.

I see.

Im probably wrong but wont stop/starting the engine when its cold cause a lot more wear than when its up to temperature?

Does it actually stop it when it's still cold or just when the temperature gauge still hasn't moved? There is a minimum coolant temperature for stop/start.

Does it actually stop it when it's still cold or just when the temperature gauge still hasn't moved? There is a minimum coolant temperature for stop/start.

It'll stop after about 200yds.

• 1 year later...

I found the perfect solution to VCDS (i.e.  :wall: ) on my SKODA Superb  online a couple of weeks ago, had it running for a week and it's magic

Some smart cookie on eBay is selling this replacement circuit board that is so simple to install, I think anyone could do it, it just fits inside the button assembly, simply swap the original manufacturer pcb with the new one, it just lifts out!

60 seconds install

As soon as you start the car it automatically disables the cut out after a few seconds, you will never need to touch this button again. :heart:  

I'm now driving stress free again :rofl:  !

For the :$$$:250 AUD the unit costs (approx 195 USD), I reckon I will easily save this amount, by having my starter motor last an extra few years!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/321746540451?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D321746540451%26_rdc%3D1

$_57.JPG

I  have a manual and I don't like S/S. So every time I fire up I just press the "off" button, which is so quick and easy that it doesn't bother me doing it each time I start the engine.

After all, how many times do you need to do that? And once you have fired up and are driving, you can just forget about S/S so I can't see why it is necessary to mess around with the electronic settings.

Also, as and when you sell the car on, I would imagine you need to put S/S back into action.

You are going to need to use the starter key every time you start a new drive anyway, so just twist the starter key and then press the button - simples! 

• Like 1

I  have a manual and I don't like S/S. So every time I fire up I just press the "off" button, which is so quick and easy that it doesn't bother me doing it each time I start the engine.

After all, how many times do you need to do that? And once you have fired up and are driving, you can just forget about S/S so I can't see why it is necessary to mess around with the electronic settings.

Also, as and when you sell the car on, I would imagine you need to put S/S back into action.

You are going to need to use the starter key every time you start a new drive anyway, so just twist the starter key and then press the button - simples! 

Fine IF the button actually worked.  I did exactly what you describe but every few days the sodding SS would kick in at the worst possible time.  I knew I'd pressed the button but on 2 occasions I actually saw the light switch itself off.  Needless to say the dealer couldn't find the problem but VCDS did the job nicely. :)

Fine IF the button actually worked.  I did exactly what you describe but every few days the sodding SS would kick in at the worst possible time.  I knew I'd pressed the button but on 2 occasions I actually saw the light switch itself off.  Needless to say the dealer couldn't find the problem but VCDS did the job nicely. :)

That is odd. Had mine since last October and button never failed once. I'll keep an eye out for it though!

Mine's a Jan 14 (Dec 13 build) and I suspect it's a SW glitch - will take ages to find and fix (as did the Cruise control drop out issue - but at least they did fix that fault)

hello there. i posted a thread about a direct wired amp breaking my start stop system and my conclusion is that the battery drain is not recognised by the battery monitor and as a result it's disabling the system.

then i found this thread. I was hoping that i could disable the start stop by asking skoda to switch it off for me, but from what i've read here this isn't going to be possible due to the emissions ratings?

i have an app for my phone called torque which allows me to change things but from the sound of it this won't be possible to use this to disable stop/start on my octavia III vrs?

i'm not sure what to do here, do i just live with the flashing error code and enjoy my sub with the stop/start disabling itself?

It is possible both in Octy and Superb, but in different ways. In Superb, go to gateway adaptations and change the temperature treshold from -50 to 50. It means change the code from 0020000 to C820C8.

• 1 year later...

Maybe if the SS had a delay in it, say 1 min (after which they reckon wastes fuel) that would cut down the SS operating as often and with no change to fuel economy???

• 9 months later...

Any real solution with this?

Have looked all over the different platforms. 

My wish here is that the button turns orange when turning on the car showing that it is disabled. Is this possible ? Any one?

I have the superb mk2 with facelift. 170 with dsg.

****in hate that button.

Edited by superb2014black

This works perfectly on my Golf

Permanently Disable Start-Stop

Available with VCP (Vag Can Pro) as an OCF (One Click Function)

Works with VCDS as below

·         Go to Module 19 (Can Gateway)

·         Adaption

·         Go to  Kanaal: Start_stop_voltage_limit

·         change to  12.1V ( standard is 7.6V)

The Start-Stop will show as disabled because the energy requirement from the car is too high, which is not an error but a valid reason for SS to be disabled.

• 7 months later...