Bolero video IN

So how did you do it?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Well i ordered mine with the mitsumi interface and use the cable with the red collar, it's a standard feature described in the infotainment manual.

I stand corrected!  :blush:

According to the brochure, the only unit capable of video playback is the Columbus... I suppose the Bolero is just an external screen in this case - it's not actually doing any playback as such (i.e. it doesn't have codecs built-in like the Columbus does).

I assume you can't put a video file on an SD card and play it back through a Bolero?

Neily03 did you just select the media button and play the iPod ? Surely not that easy ? Cheers

Once in media, press selection and go to the top of the file tree and select Movies, it's that simple.

I tried playing various file typed through Bolero with no luck. The technician did mention the mitsumi but I had assumed that was to allow iOS devices interface...surely Android and SD cards should work.

I used the SD card,

Pg31 of the Bolero manual states ;

-          Data System SD Memory Card for BOTH Audio & Video files……FAT32, exFAT, NTFS.

-          Audio formats: ogg, flac

-          Video formats: mp4, avi, divx, mpeg, mov, wmv

I have tried formatting a 2GB SD card to various Data Systems mentioned in the manual and tried to play audio & video formats mentioned in the manual but they will NOT work.

FAT – It WILL read a 2GB SD card which has been formatted to FAT, FAT(Default), FAT32. BUT it WILL NOT play .ogg Audio or any type of Video file types I have tried (.mp4, .avi, .mkv, .mov, .mts) NOTE: it detects .mp4 but errors when playing

NTFS - Will NOT read a 2GB SD card which has been formatted to NTFS (Default, 64kb, 4096kb allocation sizes)

exFAT - Will NOT read a 2GB SD card which has been formatted to NTFS (32kb allocation sizes)

• 2 years later...

You are both wrong, since the pictures are real.

You need to have the MDI option instead of standard USB.

I have it in my Amundsen, and i just connect my old iPhone 4 with the right cable and i can see any video, and control it on the Amundsen.

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-Connecting-cable-iPod-VIDEO

• 3 months later...
Great find... I tried to get the parts for this when the car was new, but was informed by the local TPS that they were available via the factory only.

I have seen that there are now aftermarket Mirrorlink/CarPlay wifi adaptors available on eBay (£50) / Alibaba ($30 US) - anyone taken the plunge yet?

In-Car WIFI Converter Mirror Link Box for Android iOS Airplay Miracast Mobile

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121992390443

Edited by Black_Sheep