Richard's Ford Fiesta ST and Focus RS

BossFox

On the test drive it felt artificial and odd.  I did turn up in a straight six 480bhp Skyline though.

I thought about sticking a rag in the noise tube for the first 200 miles.

Then I got used to it.

Embarressingly I quite like it now, makes it feel quicker by adding to the info it tells you about how much load the car is under.

I'm looking forward to how it goes at HowFast compared to some of the Skodas.

I'm keeping it factory optioned on road rubber for that.

So it'll perform how an ST does, as you can order one with no warranty worries.

I dont understand, what does he mean by fake engine noise? If thats what can be heard inside, cannot that be heard from the outside?

I dont understand, what does he mean by fake engine noise? If thats what can be heard inside, cannot that be heard from the outside?

Not as much, no.

More sporty sounds inside than outside.

Unless you change the exhaust.

Not as much, no.

More sporty sounds inside than outside.

Unless you change the exhaust.

Well I didn't know that! Glad though as I were very light footed around my area as I didn't want to annoy any neighbours

Well I didn't know that! Glad though as I were very light footed around my area as I didn't want to annoy any neighbours

It's more like a load indicator IMO, for the occupants. :)

• Like 1

An A8? Have you gone mad?!

Have you met Richard before?  :D

Shame the Fiesta is going i think you'll miss it personally. I cant think of much else in your fleet which drives like that for its size, i doubt the Citigo will be road legal and the R32 is a different size/class of animal.

There's always a surprise when I finally get to catch up with one of Richards threads! :)

Tbh, with 35% + off the A8's currently they are a total bargain. One of these would be my choice over a 7 series or S class any day :)

• Like 2

That is an crazy discount Richard. I can understand why you think it may not materialize. Not tempted by the 4.2 diesel?!

I have found a 'crazy' lease deal on a Golf R which I'm currently pondering over.

That is an crazy discount Richard. I can understand why you think it may not materialize.

I have found a 'crazy' lease deal on a Golf R which I'm currently pondering over.

I've actually got the booking form now and have left a deposit, so all good so far... :D

Not tempted by the 4.2 diesel?!

It's 5 seconds to 62mph instead of 6, so I'm not sure it's really worth it as it's going to be my daily drive.

I think 6 is enough in a supertanker.

• Like 1

Congrats Richard!

The 3.0 is fine with the 8 Speed Auto box. The 4.2 however is bonkers :p

Wish we could get your Prices though! A well specced A8 will do over a 100k euros in Germany.

A good friend of mine just got his A6 Allroad Biturbo. Price, with a lot of Options, was 116K euros.

Congrats Richard!

The 3.0 is fine with the 8 Speed Auto box. The 4.2 however is bonkers :p

Wish we could get your Prices though! A well specced A8 will do over a 100k euros in Germany.

A good friend of mine just got his A6 Allroad Biturbo. Price, with a lot of Options, was 116K euros.

That's pretty steep. :o

I was set on the A6 Allroad and just by chance looked at the A8 because there was one in the showroom and was almost the same price once I got the spec up on the A6.

Couldn't believe there were so many differences in quality and spec in the UK, but with them not selling too well and having huge (almost 50%) depreciation in the first 12-18 months Audi are doing some fantastic deals to shift them that makes them way cheaper than the Merc S class and BMW 7 series.

To be honest, if they didn't have daft discounts I wouldn't get one, but it seems more of a sensible buy than the less well specced and more expensive A6 AllRoad.

Considering how Audi asks you to buy a car and then add everything you need at a significant cost the A8 is really well kitted out.

• Like 2

Can't believe what you get included on the A8 including two front memory 22 way adjustable high quality seats, LED lights, top nav system etc... all stuff you have to add to other Audis at vast cost.

Huh!? There are 18 more spacial dimensions in the A8 than in "normal places"?

Huh!? There are 18 more spacial dimensions in the A8 than in "normal places"?

Indeed.

I think the standard seats on the lower spec ones are 14 way, like my Yeti electric seat.

• Like 1

Indeed.

I think the standard seats on the lower spec ones are 14 way, like my Yeti electric seat.

Up-down, forward-backward, left-right, duration (since a seat that only exists for an infinitesmal time is patently useless) and what others? ;)

Width seat cushion, width back rest, angle upper back rest, head rest and than there is still the ventilation and massage function.