Blyton Park Track day - 3rd August - From

ColinD

Any chance of paying on the day for track time

Pay days end of month and I'm away on me hols this week :0

Will be turning up for the meet just fancy a few laps

We use blyton to teat our production cars at work ;)

Brembo pads are the ones made with their new HP2000 abrasive material.

Some info on them here

http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/frame-detail.asp?PAGE=/brembo-brakes.htm

DS2500 arenot road legal and have woeful cold performance despite being allegedly very good on track so out of the question.

Mintex 1144 does not seem to be offering 2012 vRS fitment-not on their website or deamon-tweaks and did not hear anything about this product really :)

I have racing brake fluid, I think it was Gulf RF 800

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-69355-gulf-competition-rf800-racing-brake-fluid.aspx - survived few track days during which my brakes were almost on fire :D.

The HP2000s sound like they should be good - not heard much about them before though.

Had never heard about DS2500s not being road legal before. From what I could see after a bit of googling it's either Internet rumor or possibly a silly decision in court when settling an insurance claim. Either way - I've had two different cars with these pads and both passed MOTs. Declared uprated pads to my insurers both times and they haven't asked what specific pads they are so don't see any issues there should I need to claim. In my experience the DS2500s bite a bit better once the brakes are warmed up but they are absolutely fine from cold, I'd still have no trouble getting the ABS to kick in if I needed to stop quickly.

That Gulf fluid is expensive, will be more than up to the job!

Usually, not everyone is on track at once, so there is someone to watch stuff.

Never had a problem before. :D

I am only asking as it seems that not only trusty briskie members will be participating...

• Like 1

The HP2000s sound like they should be good - not heard much about them before though.

Had never heard about DS2500s not being road legal before. From what I could see after a bit of googling it's either Internet rumor or possibly a silly decision in court when settling an insurance claim. Either way - I've had two different cars with these pads and both passed MOTs. Declared uprated pads to my insurers both times and they haven't asked what specific pads they are so don't see any issues there should I need to claim. In my experience the DS2500s bite a bit better once the brakes are warmed up but they are absolutely fine from cold, I'd still have no trouble getting the ABS to kick in if I needed to stop quickly.

That Gulf fluid is expensive, will be more than up to the job!

Ferodo DS2500 are classed as Race pads and fall foul of EU Reg90 ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECE_Regulation_90 - this one is the shortest ;) ). As for cold performance I was going by reports from members here as I have not used the pads myself. So if you say they are fine cold then that is fine with me too. Brembo pads are OEM pads so no need to notify insurance since approved and OEM fitment.

Brake pads burned but the fluid did not boil so   :clap:

• Administrators

Pistonheads say I can't promote the event on there because RMA is their track partner, but if someone just posts on there that they are going then it won't get deleted (probably be frowned upon for Colin to do it though!). Alternatively are there any other VAG forums you could post it on? I will post it on ClioSport if you want, but it would be more in keeping with the day to have mostly VAG cars there. Shame more Briskoda members haven't signed up yet, the price is great value and it seems to be a good track for beginners, with a few track regulars on hand for advice.

I'm away this week, limited wifi, get a few mins for a pint.. so hard to get a lot done. I'm back monday. Please feel free to post and cross post, VAG or not.

Diversity is interesting at this stage.

"Do it" :) Would be good to get a few more. I've got a few reserved for cash on the day, just in case ;) As I doubt we'll sell out now :(

• Administrators

Tje more the merrier :) I will also bring 3t jack and axle stands while I am at it :) Is worth bringing a gazebo (small one) and some picnic chairs? Car fridge for cold drinks would no go amiss either I suppose?

I am thinking here national meet as well as track day. Problem I have is would there be a safe place to keep all that junk when I am on track - not keen on recreating Topgear caravan style racing with all that kit weighing me down/flying around the cabin :D.

We can arrange a haven for your gear. Might not be 100% secure, unless we volunteer guard duty. Not hard if we all have pass strap on's ;)

• Administrators

I am only asking as it seems that not only trusty briskie members will be participating...

True, the site is open to all. The track users, will have a dedicated area for parking. Although nothing stopping anyone walking through.

I've never had an issue at track days before. Given we can't all be on track at once. It should be fairly easy to make a space for stuff.

• Administrators

As to standard cars on track, raises hand. It's all relative, you must learn and respect what your car can do. Even modified cars struggle to brake hard for 20+ mins at once. If not brakes then general cooling, tyres etc. 

Certainly for a first time, a stock car is fine. 

Learning is fun, hope to see some more folk there.

• Like 1

• Administrators

A list. Nom - Car - Declared Skill

1.David - Fabia - Intermediate

2.Hadyn - 218Rover - Experinced

3.Peter - Octavia - Novice

4.Jamie - Golf - Experinced

5.Paul - Octavia - Novice

6.Kevin - Octavia - 1st timer

7.Richard - Yeti - Intermediate

8.Jason - Fabia - Intermediate

9.Tom - Clio 172 - Intermediate

10.Charlie - Fabia - Intermediate

11.Ben - Fabia - Intermediate

12.Andrew - Fabia - Intermediate

13.Jonathan - Octavia - Novice

14.Shane - Leon - 1st Time

15.Colin - Citigo - Novice

I am in, just got the money (waiting for the bank to clear the funds today) and payment will be coming in shortly afterwards.

EDIT: "Jason-Intermediate" LOL

Edited by Jabozuma
  • Like 1