TRACK - Summer Action Day @ Castle Combe 13th Sept 2014

devonutopia

First year in 3 I haven't tracked my vRS. Want to try somewhere else other then Combe though

Bit of a trek for you but Oulton Park is a very nice circuit :)

I wouldn't rush to do any at Donington again,straights are very long and make your average car feel very slow imo.

• Like 1

On a slightly more lighthearted note it is amusing that it has the word "bend" in the name but isn't actually a corner in terms of the no overtaking rule.

I had a similar thing last time out when Sparkly swept across to take the inside line at Folly which is also a slight bend you are allowed to overtake on.

We ended up going round there side by side and both got a bit of a scare.

It's just one of the things you have to keep an eye on.

With the benefit of experience I tend to hang back now and just make sure before I go for it.

This time people did stay left and give me space, so I did overtake through Old Paddock Bend.

To clarify Rich, there is video and photo footage to show we were three abreast with Sibart's 400bhp Octy :)  That was why it got a little close, all safe and fine, but the back up underpants had to be called upon when we got into the pits.

I had left loads of room for one car to come past, just not two side by side :thumbup:

I even looked in my mirror, but I was halfway down the straight and you hadn't exited the last corner yet - not my fault the pair of you were so bloody quick :rofl:

1:44 onwards, I don't think I could have even seen your GTR behind the Octy.
  • Like 1

Could be worse... I'm sure the driver and passenger of this M3 had to go and change their heavily soiled undergarments after this lucky escape!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/98963366@N08/15043158768/in/set-72157647514385046/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/98963366@N08/15206712976/in/set-72157647514385046/

Thanks to Jason for organising it once again, had a good time out on track in the R32. The Briskoda session as always was the best, the session I had in the afternoon was interesting to say the least. Not sure I'll do another one of those, far too many close calls for my liking. 

I'm uploading my video, but as always it's taking hours!

Could be worse... I'm sure the driver and passenger of this M3 had to go and change their heavily soiled undergarments after this lucky escape!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/98963366@N08/15043158768/in/set-72157647514385046/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/98963366@N08/15206712976/in/set-72157647514385046/

Thanks to Jason for organising it once again, had a good time out on track in the R32. The Briskoda session as always was the best, the session I had in the afternoon was interesting to say the least. Not sure I'll do another one of those, far too many close calls for my liking. 

I'm uploading my video, but as always it's taking hours!

I struggle to see how that even happened?

Impressive set of pictures!

Quite a slide.

Not as dramatic as I remember. :D

I think the camera angle is favourable and the view is blocked by the Octy at the closest point.

I remember very well in the car that it felt pretty close.  Huge amounts of fun had that day, very sad to miss out this time.

• Like 3

To clarify Rich, there is video and photo footage to show we were three abreast with Sibart's 400bhp Octy :)  That was why it got a little close, all safe and fine, but the back up underpants had to be called upon when we got into the pits.

I had left loads of room for one car to come past, just not two side by side :thumbup:

I even looked in my mirror, but I was halfway down the straight and you hadn't exited the last corner yet - not my fault the pair of you were so bloody quick :rofl:

1:44 onwards, I don't think I could have even seen your GTR behind the Octy.

lol.. I remember that, (this is footage from inside my car) I knew where everyone was, and how it should turn out, and I believe everybody else did too.... it was tight, but i didn't feel like we were in any kind of danger , seemed everyone knew where everyone else was :)

• Like 2

I can't believe my turbo gave out in session 2 I was right behind you getting ready to overtake then it let go on me [emoji17]love your car btw [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is your turbo fine now? I did see you right behind my A** lol, got a little nervous though lol.

Thanks for liking my car :-)

Fingers crossed I think it could just be breather hoses split and yeah I had to back off cos could out brake you but didn't have the power to get past you then had no power lol and yeah you've done a nice job with it [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Meanwhilst somewhere in Southampton Lee01 is straight lining roundabouts with the same methods ;)

not many decent roundabouts in Southampton :(

Hedge End though, I've been know to straight line the ones by Marks'

You guys want to be very happy you had a session to yourself. Saw many a close shave in to Bobbies, 2-3 abreast at times.

We decided there was a negative correlation between the age of the Civic and the IQ of the driver.

Would like to know what was in those 90s civics though... they were pretty quick, just driven by ****s.

• Like 1

You guys want to be very happy you had a session to yourself. Saw many a close shave in to Bobbies, 2-3 abreast at times.

We decided there was a negative correlation between the age of the Civic and the IQ of the driver.

Would like to know what was in those 90s civics though... they were pretty quick, just driven by ****s.

Probably an Accord type R engine! Had a couple of friends into that and the IQ estimation sounds about right

Is that Tom? He did go missing we ended up playing musical cars as well to get his car delivered up to him ready to get on track...

Musical cars was fun. As was the briefing that finished at 11.29 leaving me with 30 seconds to get to the track. Whoops.
  • Like 1