Does 130mph = 4.500 RPM for Fabia VRS MK1 ?

Wound mine up to a GPS verified 140mph (not in this country). The speedo was off the clock by then. It felt like it would have gone 145 but that was more than enough for me!

I suspect if you had the earlier vRS with longer gear ratios and a 2260 turbo set up you could get near 160mph. Scary!

In my early vRS with the longer ratio gearbox, if I had enough power 4750 rpm in 6th would mean nearly 180mph.

I would love to see a fabia hit nearly 180mph!! 

How the hell did you manage that??

• Like 1

I would love to see a fabia hit nearly 180mph!!

How the hell did you manage that??

I didn't... All I mean is if I had enough power the gearing could allow for a theoretical 178mph.

60 in 6th is 1600rpm... So 0.0375 rpm per mph. 0.0375x4750 = 178.

• Like 2

If you want those kind of speeds, with relative ease, look for an original Hayabusa before the governors were fitted.

I haven't been up to quite that fast, but I can say that 160 feels a lot faster when gripping on for dear life on the back of a Fazer thou than sat in a secure safe m3 passenger seat. Much more exciting!

JRJG

• Like 1

You shouldn't be feeling that at 120mph Joel with your power/set up :(

Mine will do the clock quite easily :)

It may be me as I stop myself pushing on lol.

A few on here can vouch for a gps reading of 127 with a car full of adult passengers lol :angel:

Guest BigJase88

It may be me as I stop myself pushing on lol.

A few on here can vouch for a gps reading of 127 with a car full of adult passengers lol :angel:

Yup why kill yourself when you can take 4 members of your friends / family with you

:)

I've had mine (pd160 intake and k&n filter being the only mods) up to a tomtom proven 136 mph and it was still pulling like a train! Just had to slow down because another member of my "private runway club" decided that they wanted my lane.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

When I took my 2003 fabia vRS up to 2000rpm on a private runway the speedo said 76mph.  That's with the older longer ratio box, so by my calculation to drive at 130mph, my engine would be running a about 3.4k rpm.  I tested it on said runway and sure enough... I was right :)

I previously had a Seat Cordoba PD130. It had the old long gearbox.

It was standard.

P1010470.jpg

It ran out of puff but still had plenty of revs left due to the gearing.

I think the Cordoba has a lower drag coefficient than a Fabia.

Phil

P.s. none of this private runway business for me. This was done legally on a very quiet section of straight, smooth Autobahn.

Edited by Phil-E

Same as others, I would get to 110-115 easily but it took a while to get up to 130 with not a lot left.

I have the shorter ratio box too.

Gear ratios play a massive difference. A veyron engine mated to a fabia g/box would not equal 250mph, same as a fabia engine mated to a veyron g/box would not equal 250mph. A g/box will have its ratios matched to engine power according to the manufacturers targets aka high top speed, economical cruising, quick 0-60 ect.

Private road. I like that one. On a private road I had 132, pretty easily, 53 plate vrs so again, longer box. But when my turbo dies, it will be big blower, race clutch, the usual then Ime gonna try on my private runway to see what the crack is.

• Like 1

Picked mine up yesterday. Had 145 on the way home and she was still pulling. Lucky I backed off when i did because there was undercover next to me by the time I'd slowed down. Quite surprised in it. Impressive machine.

Picked mine up yesterday. Had 145 on the way home and she was still pulling. Lucky I backed off when i did because there was undercover next to me by the time I'd slowed down. Quite surprised in it. Impressive machine.

"i picked mine up yesterday and had 145 on the way home" ...

I feel sorry for the life that cars going to get :(

Edited by tommccabevRS
  • Like 3

145 on the clock is about 130 when you take the 10% off and then depending what tyres or wheels are on it the speedo could be out further so possible he had that out of it, unless he's claiming a gps verified 145

145mph in a Fabia...

I'll be careful not to tread in the bull ****!

The 2.0 Mustang-Slaying Fabia can acheive 210MPH at 3000 RPM in 19th Gear.

Honest guv  :rofl:

• Like 2

I'm telling my mum of you.

• Like 2

145???

You must have the super special edition that takes no account of physics. 

Mate, it's weeks or months until you get banned or deaded.

Calm it down a bit huh!

• Like 1