EU Parliament Elections: are you voting?

If so for who and why? I am pretty pro European myself but I must say the lunatic fringe federalist element are making things easy for Nigel Farage who I actually agree with on a lot of things. I actually studied all of this stuff for my Masters and have had a bit of a rant about it on my blog ( queue shameless self publicity)

http://bodslife.wordpress.com/

Anyway be interesting to get your opinions :)

• Like 1

Well if you don't vote you can't really complain about the outcome.

I will probably vote, but I'm unsure which way I'll go. Personally I think these elections (euro, or euro and local depending on where you are) may have a bigger impact on next years general election than normal midterm's, so that might influence how I vote.

My daughter has her first chance to vote and she's unsure, but did mention the term "Greens" ( :no:) , at which point I told her that I'd take her car off her (which we bought, tax and insured for her to use) if she voted Green. That way she understands that voting has consequences in areas of her life she might not have thought!!

• Like 1

Nope.

I have thought about a spoiled vote as a couple of people on here have pointed out the purpose of doing so but I just can't for the life of me see the point.

So no I will not be voting this time and probably ever, or at least until they sort the mess that they try to wrap up and package up as democracy out.

And yes I do have the right to complain. I pay my taxes just like everyone else.

My daughter has her first chance to vote and she's unsure, but did mention the term "Greens" ( :no:) , at which point I told her that I'd take her car off her (which we bought, tax and insured for her to use) if she voted Green. That way she understands that voting has consequences in areas of her life she might not have thought!!

She should thank you for that, if she follows her choice through to its eventual

conclusion then THEY might make her give up her car.

Ooooh the rampant idealism of the young. They don't look beyond the end of

their noses do they? Those that can be bothered to take part that is....

I'll be voting. I think this election, more than any other previous euro-election has really got the country into debate which is certainly very good. I actually watched all the party political broadcasts this morning (including the BNP's in the name of even representation) and was still swayed by the same party who I "default" vote for. 

The outcome, particularly in regards to UKIP, will be very interesting and as another poster says; have direct consequences on how the next GE is fought. 

• Like 1

NO, fed up of being lied to. I wont complain either when they do the opposite of what their manifesto says,

The only EU vote I will take any part in, if it ever turns up, is the voting on secession from the EU. Other than that, I don't give a flying **** what the EU does or wants.

Edited by DaKKs_152
  • Like 1

The only EU vote I will take any part in, if it ever turns up, is the voting on secession from the EU. Other than that, I don't give a flying **** what the EU does or wants.

Given the wide ranging impact of the things that the EU is able to dictate to member states that affects you and I daily (and many other areas that we're blissfully unaware that they have an input on), I find it odd that you wouldn't want to put your 2p across; even if it is to say "I don't agree with the EU and want my country to leave which is why I have voted for this party who are demonstrating for my country to leave the EU*". 

* Assuming such a party exists in Sweeden. Please excuse my ignorance on the matter.

• Like 2

Nope.

I have thought about a spoiled vote as a couple of people on here have pointed out the purpose of doing so but I just can't for the life of me see the point.

So no I will not be voting this time and probably ever, or at least until they sort the mess that they try to wrap up and package up as democracy out.

And yes I do have the right to complain. I pay my taxes just like everyone else.

If you don't vote why can you complain about your representative.

No really. You DON'T have the right to complain unless you vote. It is actually THAT SIMPLE

Wrong and just to clarify that right doesn't come granted from you I've taken the right like it or not

If you don't vote why can you complain about your representative.

I don't have a representative and I don't really complain about the individual's running for power my problem is with the system itself. Imo it's not fit for purpose it's dysfunctional and it causes more harm than good. You don't have to agree the same as you don't have to dictate what I can and can't do. 

Here maybe george can explain what I mean by not choosing to vote. http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=HeMGqTwWA6U

Edited by theezenutz

KenONeil,

There is a bit of a problem with the SNP 3,  

the Ex Painter & Decorator from Forfar that i would not send to buy a bag of chips.

Let alone talk about Tatties and Fish or any other important matters.

&

The then mouthy bint that has been the Fresh Face of Young Conservatives,

then became the Fresh Face & Future of Scottish Labour,

and now is the Fresh Face and hopes and dreams of the Scottish National Party.

She just takes, try, try and try again a bit far.

Burnt too much toast i think, she maybe should stick to Law.

& the 3rd one standing, who knows?

Been there a long time, but never heard of him.

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/2015guide/scotland-european-candidates-2014

Much to my disgust and annoyance, I am not allowed to vote in any election at all! In fact, absolutely disgusted at the matter. To be allowed to register having recently moved back to the UK, I must have been resident for a minimum of 3 months (which I have) but to prove I have been in residence for 3 months I need to have a utility bill etc that is MORE than 3 months old (which I don't)........ so it is 3 months but must be longer than 3 months at the same time. What makes it even more annoying is that my only reason for working outside of the UK was because that is where the UK government wanted me to work! PATHETICALLY if I was still outside of the UK I would have been allowed to vote by proxy due to the circumstances! 

I think that what nutz is trying to say Llanigraham is that certainly with regard to the EU elections most people do not know who their MEPs are and never see them or hear from them. Also the whole proportional representation system is archane.

I heard something on the radio at a site I was at today. Not checked it's credibility online

But one of the main polling companies has polled 30 to 50 and an overwhelming majority apparently would rather vote for Joey Essex than any of the 4 main parties in the EU elections.

Says it all really. No one can associate with any of them

I think that what nutz is trying to say Llanigraham is that certainly with regard to the EU elections most people do not know who their MEPs are and never see them or hear from them. Also the whole proportional representation system is archane.

I doubt it, and I'm making that assumption on some of the idiotic postings he has made in the past on the UK government and electoral system. He is very good at finding stuff on YouTube that purports to be about the current system and how unequal it all is, but invariably little of it is based on true facts, and is mostly sensationalist drivel. 

• Like 1