Fabia VRS oil consumption..........What is acceptable?

Actually for me when another driver had my car for 521 miles,

it used 1.3 litres in 3 weeks, Xmas/New Year time not really cold, & just doing short trips..

That was still oil on the bottom Orange Ball showing,  & then it required 1.3 litres to have it at the top of the Cross Hatch with a Hot Dip.

& to the point below the Top Orange marker with a Cold Dip.

&

then this time after 1,900 miles of the same driver having it for longer journeys,

it required 0.3 litres to take it from half up the Cross Hatch on a Hot dip to get to the top of the Cross Hatch.

After seeing how much it needed, 

that Oil is now Dropped & a new filter fitted & Mobile 1 is in the Engine again.  

The stuff that was in should not have been cheap rubbish, it was on the invoice as  3.6 litres VW 504 00 Log Life put in at a Service Done by a VW Dealership. £47.56 plus VAT

• Like 1

I did a cold dip this morning after Putting in a New Filter and 3.6 litres of Oil on Friday afternoon.

It is between the top of the Smooth area above the crosshatch and the bottom of the 'top orange marker'.

That will be showing as the 'top of the cross hatch' later on when i do a Hot Dip.

Thanks George for the detail on this, much appreciated. The dipstick can be a devil to read dependent on the light, fortunately at 645 just now we are having good bright starts so I can see and tell fine.

@sittingbull

Form correct level (as per George's post above) to bulb at the bottom of the stick is 1.0L so half way between is about 0.5L

Thanks very much, in this case then I would guess the car has probably used around 350 to 400ml, but as I say really hard to be specific.

Actually for me when another driver had my car for 521 miles,

it used 1.3 litres in 3 weeks, Xmas/New Year time not really cold, & just doing short trips..

That was still oil on the bottom Orange Ball showing,  & then it required 1.3 litres to have it at the top of the Cross Hatch with a Hot Dip.

& to the point below the Top Orange marker with a Cold Dip.

&

then this time after 1,900 miles of the same driver having it for longer journeys,

it required 0.3 litres to take it from half up the Cross Hatch on a Hot dip to get to the top of the Cross Hatch.

After seeing how much it needed, 

that Oil is now Dropped & a new filter fitted & Mobile 1 is in the Engine again.  

The stuff that was in should not have been cheap rubbish, it was on the invoice as  3.6 litres VW 504 00 Log Life put in at a Service Done by a VW Dealership. £47.56 plus VAT

Thanks again George, we (my wife and I) are trying as far as possible to drive the car as we always would intend to i.e. my wife tends to use the car only for her work really and as a home carer that means lots of short journeys and start/ stops. The engine probably doesn't get a chance to stretch its legs to be honest and I have no idea if this type of usage is a factor. I tend to take the car on longer runs including motorways and dual carriageways, tend to be at or around the speed limit. So I suppose what I am saying in short is that the car has normal, every day mixed use so should be able to cope with it.

My daughter has a wee Fiat 500 with a 1.2 petrol engine, she has covered 11k since getting the car in September last year and it hasn't used a drop, not even when my wife had a loan of the car to use for work. I would love to think that a VAG car would at the very least be able to match a Fiat.

Suppose I'll need to wait and see what happens next from Skoda, although I'm not prepared to let it rumble along indefinitely. 

Is Mobil 1 the best oil to put in the car? I notice that the stuff being sold in Parks was Quantum, and the other stuff I had bought was Castrol Edge FST. Just wondering as I desperately want to do the right thing by the wee car.

• Like 1

Oil preference is a subjective thing.

If your car is on a fixed service plan and the dealer used Quantum, then for the sake of hassle and argument then I would use what Skoda use at service . At least whilst the car is under warranty and in dispute of fit for purpose.

• Like 1

Skoda recommend Castrol & Dealerships use Quantum,

it is the same stuff,  Synthetic oil Produced someplace which is likely a Castrol Refinery or whoever..

The Quantum Long Life III is VW 504 00 & what is what is often used for Variable Servicing.

I just use 'Mobile 1' because often the engine gets thrashed, & it seems to have the Indicated Temp a couple of degrees lower,

and the temp goes back lower quicker when it has gone high under hard use.

• Like 1

Hi,

I've been contacted today by Caroline from Skoda UK who has taken responsibility for handling my query to conclusion. I don't have a case number, or at least I don't know what it is. Caroline has already contacted the dealer to discuss my emails and vehicle, and concerns around oil consumption. She has advised that Skoda UK will liaise with the dealer to resolve my concerns, and to discuss any processes that need to be followed to ascertain proof of oil consumption being an issue. Caroline did speak about "acceptable" levels of use but I've mentioned I felt the levels were unacceptable and unreasonable. Gordon at the garage has told Skoda he is awaiting further news from me next Tuesday before discussing what should happen next.

Anyway, it's now down to usage between now and next Tuesday when I have to visit the garage again to update them, and we will take it from there. Caroline has made me aware of the processes of a test should that need to be done, weighing the oil etc, so I may end up looking for some clarity from users here as to what the weights and measures actually translate to in real terms i.e. I won't be accepting using 2 litres of oil every 1300 miles as being normal or within tolerances. I've said I am aware of some issues on some cars with CAVE engines from 2010-2012 across the VAG range, and I hope mine isn't one.

Quite pleased to have had what was a fairly positive response, will keep you posted.

<snip> I won't be accepting using 2 litres of oil every 1300 miles as being normal or within tolerances. <snip>

The Fabia manual (pg. 127) states that "Oil consumption as high as 0.5 litres per 1,000 kilometres" is possible. This equates to just one litre per 1,340(ish) miles so you should be on safe ground - good luck!

ps - don't forget flowers, choccies and a card for Caroline ;)

The Fabia manual (pg. 127) states that "Oil consumption as high as 0.5 litres per 1,000 kilometres" is possible. This equates to just one litre per 1,340(ish) miles so you should be on safe ground - good luck!

ps - don't forget flowers, choccies and a card for Caroline ;)

beer for george!

2 x 621 is 1242

1 litre of Engine Oil weighs 857 Grams,  so 0.5 of a litre weighs 428.5 grams.

Caroline is reading from the Skoda Script of play it out as long as you can.

'Gordon is a moron'. was a great song by Jilted John, IMO.

Lets hope Parks of Hamiltons Workshop can follow correctly the Procedure set out by Skoda for doing an Oil Consumption Test.

Sittingbull,

When you collect the car from them doing the Oil & Filter Change then weighing the oil.

Unless they seal in the Dipstick.  Please Check.

Where is the oil on the dipstick before you drive away from the Dealership That is before you start the Engine..

(it might have been recently run so warm)

So, Where is the oil with a Hot Dip after the Oil has been up to 80*oC or higher,  5 minutes after stopping on the flat.

Please check that first time you get home or stop someplace.

Then where is it the next morning Dipped Stone Cold.

Do the same checks before returning the car for them to Drain and Weigh the Oil.

Stone Cold at home,  then dip Hot when you arrive at the Dealership.

• Like 1

Caroline was on my case for about a day when I couldn't be bothered with the ****ing about so e-mailed Mr Stewart and ended up with a guy called Dan Wilson.

Sittingbull I found constantly moaning at skoda UK got me my best outcome rather than listening to what my dealer had to say about my oil problem as my dealer and a few others like to drag their feet a lot.

• Like 2

Also the advice I had from George and vrskeith was priceless when it came to my oil consumption problems and dealing with skoda UK.

Oh and not forgetting a few other members advice on here

Edited by Andy2509
  • Like 2

2 x 621 is 1242

1 litre of Engine Oil weighs 857 Grams,  so 0.5 of a litre weighs 428.5 grams.

Caroline is reading from the Skoda Script of play it out as long as you can.

'Gordon is a moron'. was a great song by Jilted John, IMO.

Lets hope Parks of Hamiltons Workshop can follow correctly the Procedure set out by Skoda for doing an Oil Consumption Test.

Sittingbull,

When you collect the car from them doing the Oil & Filter Change then weighing the oil.

Unless they seal in the Dipstick.  Please Check.

Where is the oil on the dipstick before you drive away from the Dealership That is before you start the Engine..

(it might have been recently run so warm)

So, Where is the oil with a Hot Dip after the Oil has been up to 80*oC or higher,  5 minutes after stopping on the flat.

Please check that first time you get home or stop someplace.

Then where is it the next morning Dipped Stone Cold.

Do the same checks before returning the car for them to Drain and Weigh the Oil.

Stone Cold at home,  then dip Hot when you arrive at the Dealership.

Thanks for the very helpful and specific advice on testing George, I will do this to the letter. As for Skoda response, I'm mindful of all the advice given here and how Skoda normally operate, but will wait until next Tuesday as agreed before escalating.

Caroline was on my case for about a day when I couldn't be bothered with the ****ing about so e-mailed Mr Stewart and ended up with a guy called Dan Wilson.

Sittingbull I found constantly moaning at skoda UK got me my best outcome rather than listening to what my dealer had to say about my oil problem as my dealer and a few others like to drag their feet a lot.

As above with response to George, thanks for the advice which I will heed when the time comes. I am hoping not to have to escalate to Alisdair Stewart but if that is what it takes so be it. I am mindful that I haven't actually had an official oil consumption test just yet, and the reports I've read here suggest that two seem to be required before it gets to the stage of an engine replacement. All that said, if I feel I am being ignored, played off or p*ssed around then I will not hesitate to escalate, and quickly at that.

Just a wee update, probably not a great surprise that I had to top up the wee car earlier today. Took the litre to top up correctly (as per George post). Last top up was at 22550, this one today at 23077, so 527 miles for a litre. Think that will work out on a par with recorded usage so far, and certainly way beyond any artificial tolerance figures given by VAG.

Have kept a record of the mileage at top ups, the dates and amount used, as well as the receipts for oil purchased. Didn't have any oil warning lights or anything, just a routine check and felt I didn't want it to go much further.

Should be interesting to see how the news is received at the dealer.

• Like 2

Hi,

I would be grateful for any advice you could give on the approach to take with the Skoda dealer when there is a suspected oil consumption issue. As you are aware, my first visit to the dealer didn't go particularly well due to the attitude displayed by the chap who turns out to be the Service Manager, so I am a little wary as to how best to approach him when we meet tomorrow (Tuesday).

He had requested I take the car for a fortnight and effectively self test the consumption, and report back to him with findings. Tomorrow represents the end of the fortnight, and therefore time to go back to advise him of usage etc.

I'm not particularly clear on how they approach this from their side either, I will be polite as always but firm. I expect him to be belligerent unfortunately but I can handle that. What I'm not so sure about is the processes that need to be followed. As in, will they look to book the car in for an oil consumption test or is that something that they need to arrange via Skoda, or that I need to arrange, or that Skoda need to arrange?

I don't want any attempts by them to fob me off, so advice you might have on previous tacts taken by dealers would be most useful.

Thanks, Richard

• Like 2

Your Warranty work is with Skoda UK,  the Dealership doing the Oil Consumption Test are doing it on your vehicle and being paid by Skoda.

They are acting as the Agent.

Reporting to Skoda, but you are the Owner & Customer and they should treat you professionally.

If they are clueless or dismissive, then report that to Skoda UK and get another Dealership to do the work required.

The Procedure is set out for the Technician to follow, the Quantity  3.6 litres / Weight of Oil  (about 3085 grams), and the Mileage to be done, 

then the Procedure to Drop & weigh the Oil, and the difference before and after.

I thought you had it Arranged with Skoda & the Dealerships Workshop.

The Dealer needs Approval to carry out the Oil Consumption test, or you needed the Approval to go have it done.

If you are sure the engine uses more than 0.5 litres in 621 miles, there should be no Charge or Cost to you.

* That amount of oil is unacceptable really, and Skoda know that.*

It is just they might then put you through, the car needing the Breather Pipe.Valve Mod, & a second Consumption test.

If the Oil use is very high on the first test the Master Tech can report that to Skoda and see from there if it is a case of a replacement engine required.

The Dealership doing the work is well paid for it.

The Engine, parts & Labour is well over £4,500 to Skoda for the Engine Change.

• Like 1

Is Caroline aware of your booking in tomorrow.

She ought to be assisting you with this via the Case No & Skoda Correct test procedure.

If not update her with a call from he dealer or before you go in.

Keep her in the loop,until yo need to go over her head at he appropriate time.

• Like 1

Your Warranty work is with Skoda UK,  the Dealership doing the Oil Consumption Test are doing it on your vehicle and being paid by Skoda.

They are acting as the Agent.

Reporting to Skoda, but you are the Owner & Customer and they should treat you professionally.

If they are clueless or dismissive, then report that to Skoda UK and get another Dealership to do the work required.

The Procedure is set out for the Technician to follow, the Quantity  3.6 litres / Weight of Oil  (about 3085 grams), and the Mileage to be done, 

then the Procedure to Drop & weigh the Oil, and the difference before and after.

I thought you had it Arranged with Skoda & the Dealerships Workshop.

The Dealer needs Approval to carry out the Oil Consumption test, or you needed the Approval to go have it done.

If you are sure the engine uses more than 0.5 litres in 621 miles, there should be no Charge or Cost to you.

* That amount of oil is unacceptable really, and Skoda know that.*

It is just they might then put you through, the car needing the Breather Pipe.Valve Mod, & a second Consumption test.

If the Oil use is very high on the first test the Master Tech can report that to Skoda and see from there if it is a case of a replacement engine required.

The Dealership doing the work is well paid for it.

The Engine, parts & Labour is well over £4,500 to Skoda for the Engine Change.

Thanks for the clarity of response George, appreciated and will use with other responses to take forward. I am due to visit the dealership tomorrow as requested by the dealer two weeks ago, and Caroline from Skoda knows that I am going in. There is no formal booking or appointment though so I have no idea if they will conduct the test tomorrow or ask for me to bring it back later. At this stage, as far as I have been led to believe, it is more a case of me visiting to tell them of the usage and for a decision to be taken then as to what should be done next. In other words most likely an unnecessary delay as the oil consumption test most likely could have been carried out already, however I have a feeling that it will be started tomorrow. I am also kind of expecting to go through the modifications and maybe even second test as that appears to be the Skoda methodology used.

I'm pretty certain that the oil consumption is greater than 0.5l per 621 miles, more like a litre by that stage according to my own measurements, however time will tell.

I will use the info you have given above and in an earlier post about checking levels etc before leaving dealership to make sure process isn't flawed either by me or the dealer, and hopefully will get somewhere.

I must confess to being a little worried as to whether or not the previous owner carried out any modifications that may invalidate the warranty, I have no real way of telling.

Is Caroline aware of your booking in tomorrow.

She ought to be assisting you with this via the Case No & Skoda Correct test procedure.

If not update her with a call from he dealer or before you go in.

Keep her in the loop,until yo need to go over her head at he appropriate time.

Thanks Keith, Caroline is aware of me visiting the dealer but as mentioned above there is no set appointment or formal booking in for the car, nor do I have a case number, or at least if I do have one I haven't been told what it is as yet, I will make sure I get it when I call her tomorrow.

Thanks again folks.

Richard

Unless you are actually near or passing by, i would phone the Dealership Service Desk & book in for an Oil Consumption test,

& then call Skoda UK Customer Service, (Caroline if Available) and tell them the arrangement is made.

Get a case number etc, & get a Comformation from them via Email or letter.

No idea why Parks of Hamilton put you off for 2 weeks, that was totally a waste of time since you knew the engine was using too much oil.

Good luck with it all.

george

EDIT.

People can not just go by Low Oil Warning lights or messages as some Members have suggested in other threads,

Well you can if you want, and to take the risk to the Hit in your Pocket and the hassle that could cause.

eg

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/230124-low-oil-warning

• Like 1

Unless you are actually near or passing by, i would phone the Dealership Service Desk & book in for an Oil Consumption test,

& then call Skoda UK Customer Service, (Caroline if Available) and tell them the arrangement is made.

Get a case number etc, & get a Comformation from them via Email or letter.

No idea why Parks of Hamilton put you off for 2 weeks, that was totally a waste of time since you knew the engine was using too much oil.

Good luck with it all.

george

EDIT.

People can not just go by Low Oil Warning lights or messages as some Members have suggested in other threads,

Well you can if you want, and to take the risk to the Hit in your Pocket and the hassle that could cause.

eg

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/230124-low-oil-warning

Thanks George, I've no idea why this happened either but you may recall that I said the chap on the day wasn't too enamoured with me so it may be that he chose this option to help me on my way on the day.

I'm just away to phone Skoda to garner their advice before going to Hamilton, its only 12 miles or so away and I was needing to go with Anne for a bit of shopping in any case, so no harm done in terms of going out of my way.

And I suppose for others, I haven't had a warning light or dash warning so far about low oil or otherwise, but it is using oil. Personally I wouldn't wait till something happened before topping up.

This is one area where I am really thankful to have the discipline instilled in me to check fluids, lights, tyres etc on a regular basis. At work (drive a 16 seater every day) we have to run a series of checks every morning prior to the bus leaving the garage so the discipline of checking very regularly and reporting is almost second nature. A good thing I think.

• Like 3

I'm so upset, I'm so upset, yeah yeah

(I ought to smash his face in.)

(Yeah, but he's bigger than me. In't he?)

(I know, I'll get my mate Skoda to hit him. He'd flatten him)

(Yeah but Skoda's a mate of Gordon's in'e?)

With apologies to Jilted John for the paraphrasing/ amending of his lyrics...

And so for the update after my latest visit to the dealer re potential oil consumption problem. Buckle up folks, it's a rough one.

I agreed to a request by the dealer, Parks of Hamilton Skoda, to self monitor oil consumption on my Vrs from 24 June through until today, and to revisit the dealer today so that I could make him aware of the consumption and mileage data so that he could discuss with me a way forward if indeed there was deemed to be a problem significant enough to progress. I agreed to it simply to get the process moving otherwise I may still have been there arguing with Gordon that no, 2 litres of oil used in 1300 miles wasn't acceptable, reasonable or indeed within Skoda's own backside saving but completely imaginary figure of 0.5l used in 621 miles. 

I visited again today with the information as requested. The meeting was cordial, the stance taken by the dealer initially wasn't. An attempt was made to tell me again that the Vrs was known to be a high oil consumer and that this was not out of the ordinary, with it being expected that around 1l of oil could be used over 600 miles or so. I asked him to check this with Skoda as that information was well off what Skoda had told me during a couple of calls, and that I knew Skoda had called him as well. He volunteered to check with one of his technicians who might be better equipped to answer this.

4 or 5 minutes later, and a phone call to Skoda, I was offered the test, although in Gordon's view my figures from the self test were only just outside what would be expected, just over the edge he said. For information, I had to top up with 1l of oil last Thursday after having travelled 527 miles from previous top up. So I told him to book in the test.

The wee car is now booked in for the first oil consumption test for 14 August. 7 weeks after first contacting the dealer and Skoda. The dealer wants continuity in terms of person handling all actions, and due to annual leave wants me to leave it until then. I've agreed but am under no illusions as to what is going on. I will be going in first thing and leaving the car on that date.

Courtesy car I hear you say? No says the bold Gordon. Courtesy cars are at a premium, and apparently unavailable even with 5 weeks notice.

Oil to refill during the waiting period I hear you say? Keep the receipts and discuss with Skoda.

How will the test work I ask? Bring the car in, we'll drop the oil, change the filter, weigh the oil and give back to you. You can then drive for a week to cover around 350 miles and bring it back, we'll then drop the oil and weigh it to see how much has been used. What weight are you starting out at I ask? 1000gm a litre times 3.5 is what we would expect. Wrong says me, around 857gm a litre, and test should be over 621 miles. We'll do a calculation so that we can upscale the findings to match 621 miles usage. Ok, but you need to be starting out from correct point otherwise whole calculation and exercise, not to mention oil and labour has been wasted. I've not to worry about that.

I left and visited the nearest Tongue shop to buy a new one to replace the one I had bitten off. I've agreed to the timescale in order to get the process moving, but it needed someone else's intervention to do it. I have little or no faith that it will be done properly, nor do I believe they want to go anywhere near the job. But they are the nearest dealer by quite some distance.

Skoda on the other hand were much better when I called to update them. Skoda aren't pleased with information given to me, nor are they pleased with stance taken by dealer. I now have case number, and at least have some optimism that they want to help.

Skoda view is that they cannot understand why dealer so disengaged from process when it is profitable to them, and given they represent Skoda they would expect better customer service than I have been given. They are taking up the issue of courtesy car, and oil. They have also said they will look at any costs associated with test should the car pass, they know they will pick the costs up should the car fail.

All in all, and a short summation, at least the car is now booked in and I have a case number from Skoda UK, and they seem aware of my discomfort with dealer. I will keep on top of dealer and Skoda.

I have a contrast and compare post to make as well but it wouldn't be fair to associate the service we received at another Skoda outlet today with the guff we got at Hamilton.

• Like 1

So, as mentioned above, let me tell you a story about another Skoda dealer.

After my morning sojourn to Parks of Hamilton, and the frustration caused by said sojourn, I decided to go for a wee day out with my wife to Dumfries where we could have lunch and chill out for a wee while.

On the way into Dumfries from the Glasgow side it turns out there is a Skoda dealership in Heathhall, just outside Dumfries. My wife asks me to stop and go in to see if Skoda dealers are all the same as Parks as she can't believe that Skoda would allow that to be the case.

We were met by Colin Scott who immediately put us at ease by asking about our car and how we were enjoying it. We didn't know Colin from Adam but his demeanour already was more acceptable than elsewhere. I said I wanted to ask about service costs, service plans and perhaps discuss another issue.

Colin got us the service information which we will decide on later. He asked about the other issue, whenever I said oil consumption he immediately nodded and said yes its a known issue. How much oil have you gone through? Over what period? Have you had the oil consumption test? I told him about situation so far and he was very open.

He said straight out that my engine would fail the test given the figures I had already. He said most likely Skoda would look to do an engine breather mod, perhaps a second test but in all likelihood they would look to put in a new engine. He said in 4 years he only knew of 2 cars where the breather mod had resolved the problem and he personally hadn't seen a case where piston rings or suchlike were replaced. Most likely a new engine he opined, and better for us he felt.

He reckoned the other dealer was not corporately aware, and that the dealer was losing a good bit of money if the work went elsewhere. He reckoned on £58 per hour at Warranty labour rates. He reckoned an engine change could be billed for 12 or 13 hours at £58 per hour, plus 3% profit on the engine itself. Very open about process as well, said he had gone through this a few times.

He asked if dealer was supplying the oil while we waited, as he would have. He also made it clear he would have made a courtesy car available.

I'm not saying they are perfect because I have no experience of actually having a car looked at or serviced by them, but at least this chap made us feel valued, and he had a knowledge of what should be going on. What we should expect in other words.

• Like 4

Wow, hell of an ordeal you are going through there! They are blooming lucky they got as patient a person as you shown yourself to be. I am glad it wasn't me having a misfortune of happening upon such an antithesis of a customer service.

One bright point about the whole story is that SUK will hopefully deal with them. If you can be bothered, and this will be beneficial for you, please send regular e-mails with read receipt delivery options ticked to SUK describing in great detail your encounters with Gordon & Co. As a pointer always try to write something good about Skoda and how it pains you having to go through such an experience with their main dealer - will work wonders when it comes to compensation or as they call it "SUK good will gesture" ;).

Do you experience loss of power, high fuel consumption or any other abnormalities? I am asking since this could prompt additional tests (say compression test) which if failed automatically warrant new motor-worth a try!

The Rebuilt engines came after the Launch of the SEAT Ibiza Cupra 2009 & the vRS 2010. Polo GTI 2010, & Audi A1 185 ps 2011

Some Cars got the Engine Rebuilt, new rings & pistons.

Sometimes it was Dealer Demonstrators run for 3,000 miles on 95ron fuel and no Salesperson Dipping or checking Oil in these new cars until 

they were ready to sell them to Customers and they went into the Workshop for 'A  SERVICE' before being sold.

** THESE ARE THE SAME KIND OF PERSON THAT SAYS< 'THEY ARE KNOWN FOR USING OIL', 

THEY ALL DO THAT',  & others say, I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THAT BEFORE'.**

THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO USE 1/2 A LITRE OF OIL, IT IS A SPORTS CAR!!'

None mention the 98 ron Prescribed/Recommended Fuel.

Or know about Spark Plugs maybe not lasting the Service Schedule 40,000 miles, or Misfires not registering Fault Codes.

because there are not enough misfires in a cycle.

IN FACT MOST SALES STAFF KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE CARS.

Well some DEMONSTRATORS never had the oil dipped or topped up while running in, and never got  New Oil & Filter before going to the first private owner. There are always going to be some run correctly and topped up, and some not topped up until someone was away to sell them.

OBVIOUSLY MOST GET A SERVICE AND OIL AND FILTER BEFORE THE SALE. & THEN SOME GET A STAMP IN A BOOK< SAYING THEY HAD AN OIL CHANGE.

(Some Customers that bought new and were concerned were told by Salespeople.i drive the same car it is great and uses no oil.

&

Some new owners could no believe how poor the MPG was and how high the Oil Use was.

These cars where Failures. 

Dealer abuse.  & Dealer or Sales Staff lack of knowledge or interest in the cars, engines or customers.

So some REbuilds on early cars,

then some given Short Engines/Rebuilds,  then when it was CAVE until Late 2012, a CAVE car got a Replacement CAVE engine,

the same as were Failing among the 1,000 Cupra, 800 Polo GTI, 1,800 vRS, and 300 A1 185 ps in the UK.

&

Elsewhere around the World.

Lack of knowledge of the Sales Staff, Dealer Principal and as it turns out sometimes Technicians.

Some Dealerships have done Dozens of Engine Replacements in the 4 Years,

I know of one Group that had done over 30 by last year,

Others that did Replacements and replaced replacements.

Where customer were blown out by the Likes of GORDON, they often Moved on,

Traded in, and that car was still out there as an Oil User.

& Rejected Cars were Repaired or Not and are still out there.

VORSPUNG DURCH TECHNIK.    

Revise the engine in 2012, and pretend you never built any wrong ones, & Factory Trained Staff can be clueless.