Personalised Number Plates

g7pkf

Do you have a personalised plate?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you have a personalised plate?

• yes
    • no
    • seriously considering it if the wife will let me?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for those with a re-mapped vRS how about S200LBT

with a little fettling it could read S 200 18T with the screws put in the right place it would be 1.8 ;)

i've seen one i like and they are both

I'll stick with the one that came with the car, personally, I would be happier without ANY numberplate, personalised plates are too easy to recognise if ya do owt wrong

I'll stick with the one that came with the car, personally, I would be happier without ANY numberplate, personalised plates are too easy to recognise if ya do owt wrong

Eeee Lad! You'll be 'aving one of them there cars that's white on one side and black on the other then eh? :cool:

Mo

Eeee Lad! You'll be 'aving one of them there cars that's white on one side and black on the other then eh? :cool:

Mo

Perleeze, if your gonna try an take the pith out of my accent or spelling, get it right, its not " the other" its "t'other"

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh aye, an it sounds a gradly idea yon black n white car thing

Perleeze' date=' if your gonna try an take the pith out of my accent or spelling, get it right, its not " the other" its "t'other"

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh aye, an it sounds a gradly idea yon black n white car thing[/quote']

Sorry Old Bean. Yorkshire born and bred, but clearly I've been darn Sarf for too long innit? :D

Mo

Nick, pretty sure PEN15 was on a red merc - it was an ex superbike rider IIRC..

There's a metal band here called PEN15 :rofl:

As far as personalized plates go, we can't ave those, because we don't have letters in our plates, only numbers.

Most of you know how in the part of the world, the smaller the numbers on the plates, the 'bigger' you are...now it's possible to 'buy' special numbers at a ridiculously high price. They offer them to you in the papers too...like say wanna get a Dubai registration segment 3 plate, with the numbers 33 or 333...some really silly and stupid people with money to waste spend up to 15,000 pounds worth on these plates with these numbers.

I believe there is also a plate 'worth' 30,000 pounds, and another worth 60,000 pounds.

• 11 months later...

Would have really liked W4 RDY but no joy - it's on a Merc E320 apparently :mad:

I will get one eventually, but I always find better uses for the

I always said i wouldnt have one. As no one 9 times out of 10 doesnt even know what the plates about but ive got S for stephen, The number of the day i was born on and the DRK shrt 4 Drake. Means something to me and only cost 250, also people dont know i drive a old 55plate.

ive got one as it was for my 21st and is the main delay in pickin up the new car due to me wanting it transfered but thats another story.

Mine's nothing special even though its M6 *** and i dont think id ever want an M6 to go with it

Theres a chap who looks in his late 20's i've seen in Cardiff driving a bently with the reg 'I 0wn'.

Also there is a lady around Chepstow who drives a black mr2 with 'D1RTY', shes apparently a pole dance. Must be on good money.. shes hot too.

I wouldn't have one unless it was origninal, but most of those are taken now and its a waste of money imo.

However, they can also be investments i guess. My dads friend was seriously close to buying '1 MOB' for his e-type last year for £11k. M O'Brian being his name. He classed it as an investment but the deal fell through for some reason.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'd only go for one of these cheap ones, although I do like the idea of three letters and three numbers only, but if I went that route budget would only stretch to something meaningless like:

VXE 768 - which would be way more than 250-350 quid anyway and means nowt to me!

However, I did see 749 TYA for sale, a Somerset plate (I am from Somerset you see so the plate would mean something to me in that sense) Still, about 900 quid though and I think that is way more than I'd ever spend on a plate.

I think I saw VRS555S for 250 or so quid though, that was pretty cool.

Would only be any good for the VRS though, and if I buy one of these things I want to keep it to transfer onto other cars in the future.

By the way, the reg number in my custom title isn't mine, but it's what I'd have liked on the S2000!