Online Brokers

Hi all,

Has anyone got first hand experience of using drivethedeal.com and/or carwow?

Both seem to offer quite competitive prices - are there any pitfalls or problems people encountered using either of these websites?

Thanks.

Steve.

I bought through carwow.. would recommend highly, especially if you dont have a trade in as it makes the process that bit simpler.

The dealer they put me in touch with was first class also, best buying experience Ive had.

Carfile for me. £1500 saving over dealer. Organised part x which was guaranteed and only 2 miles from where I collected VRS from and given a lift there by the part x employee. Very helpful and made the who process very easy

• Like 1

I checked car file, car wow and drive the deal but then just took any quotes with me to my local dealer.

My local dealer then matched the price and gave me another price including the 0% finance and free servicing. I then got to do some number crunching and decide on the deal I wanted. In the end the exta for the 'free' servicing and doing the finance through Skoda at 0% was about the same as me financing it elsewhere and a rough servicing price I had already scoped plus a little more convenient in terms of servicing as I'd been ripped off locally a few times when trying to find a reputable garage.

Honest John has a section that lists a lot of deals. Probably the easiest way to compare a big chunk of the market in one go, but I have no direct experience of this sort of thing, never having bought a new car!

Carwow offer very good prices, and you get 2 prices, a cash only and one for on the subsidised PCP with the free servicing.

You can then see if your local dealer will match it.

If you are trading in though it is a bit of a lottery as the best price to purchase may not give you as good an offer on the p/ex, so the price to change is higher than elsewhere.

It is a good starting point for negotiations though, you know how much discount the dealers are likely to offer, but you will only get bottom book on your p/ex against that price.

I've just ordered after using carfile. I compared drivethedeal and carwow but carfile was the cheapest saving me about£4k off list price with extras on a VRS.

It was very straight forward spoke to carfile who confirmed my order and the following day the dealership rang me to confirm all details sending me an email with my final order etc. I signed it and sent it back and then paid £500 deposit to the dealer... Now playing the waiting game until Skoda build it I ordered week beginning 23/06/2014 and have a provisional build week of week 35... But expecting that to change! So really the only dealing you have with the broker is the initial phone call and after that everything is handled by the dealership.

I tried to get a carwow dealer to match carfile but they couldn't get anywhere near it not could my local dealer, fortunately the dealership carfile have put me in touch with isn't to far away!

To sum up it is a very straight forward process and takes out the haggling with salemen, I can't stand them! I just test drove the vehicle at my local dealership pretending that I was going to buy from them!

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aye, bought mine through Carfile after my local dealer wouldn't budge from the brochure price. Took 23 weeks to arrive but that was in line with what the dealer quoted. Very pleased with the discount as well. Well organised, friendly broker recommended.

I used Broadspeed for my Superb Combi.... NEVER again they are a bunch of jokers!

For the Yeti I went through Carwow...... and all I can say is WOW, amazing experience (granted that was because I chose a good dealer to buy from - Allams) really pleasant experience with a great price.

Once you have requested your quotes through Carwow you never deal with them again its all done directly with the dealer you choose, you also do not pay anyone a penny for using Carwow, the dealer pays them a commission. 

I would whole heartedly recommend Carfile. Very simple, fill in the online form, they contact you, then when you are happy put you in touch with a Skoda main dealer, who you will deal with through to delivery.

• Like 1

+1 for Orangewheels.  Used it to get the wife's Ford Ka and saved a bucket load more than any local dealer would offer.  Plus, as said above, getting a price without having to put in any of your details or wait for an email / phone call means you can play around with specifications or different cars until you find one you like at the price you like.  They don't, however, cover all marques, and I've found their price list and/or offer details to be out of date sometimes (i.e. showing different costs for the base car and/or options, and different deposit allowances etc.).

I recommend drivevthedeal. No problems with them when bought Octy 2 a few years back.

I bought my A6 through carwow when I cancelled my vrs order earlier in the year. Great site for all the reasons listed above. I had a slightly better price from drivethedeal at the time - by a couple of hundred quid, but was looking at a very long wait.

From what I understand, drivethedeal put all their business via audi uk fleet sales whereas carwow have various different dealers bidding against each other.

Was very impressed with both when I was dealing with them though :)