Alex's red Mk1 Fabia vRS BMN/BLT 16v hybrid - GTBvklr

alex_e3

Can't you apply some rain-X type product so rain doesn't stay on the screen?

I'm torn between... Removing it completely and fitting the Polo 9n3 flat blade rear wiper

I use G5 on the Windows, but the rear will still get dirty, just because of the shape of the Fabia.
  • Like 2

Link... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Fabia-Mk1-Rear-Back-Dewiper-Blank-Bung-Delete-Kit-De-Wiper-VRS-etc-/321946637409?hash=item4af583d461:g:VDoAAOSwsB9WBAqZ

Expensive for what it is, but looks far better than a rubber grommet which someone can easily remove too. There's a glass one available too, but it's £17 and the one I have now looks spot on.

How do you fit them? From the back when you remove the motor or?

So you use your own sealant. Plumbers gold? :D

The guy does provide some sealant with it, but you need to use the stuff quite quickly before it goes off.

I've had the blank for months, so just used some Tiger Seal type stuff. Nothing's getting through it!

Got my dash back today. I'm absolutely over the moon with it! For anyone in the North West that wants flocking done, these guys are excellent...  http://www.mda-motorsport.co.uk/

All the parts back at my unit now. Lots of parts that I need to get rid of the excess fibres and give them all a vacuum before fitting them.

Here's the mass of dash parts, centre console, boost gauge pod and A-pillars...

36957116982_d01c1a22c7_z.jpg

Here's the finished dash itself...

37128070755_8b34e55dac_z.jpg

36986117621_60317fb2cb_z.jpg

36291971454_c5bc8e658f_z.jpg

I'm really pleased with how the dash blends into the dash to loom as OE as possible, just as I wanted...

36986115201_dae1d18eb9_z.jpg

36291969294_bffd1e5062_z.jpg

Not sure when I'm gonna fit these. Ideally I'd like to get the main part of the dash in place by tomorrow, but not sure if I'll have time with things for the obvious to sort out too!

Edited by alex_e3
  • Like 2

Very tidy, good results! :)

Any idea how it affects the passenger airbag? :P

Pretty sure they have a disclaimer to say they can't tell you airbag will work correctly once a panel is flocked,so it's at your risk.

Really impressed with that dash!!

What are the benifits of flocking the dash? I'm probably going to do something simular bit maybe put gauges somewhere less obvious. Even though yours looks 100 times better than i thought it would when you first started out. I honestly thought it was a bit chavvy, but its come good.

[emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So, finally, this happened late last night...

36957105102_2dfc0ea206_z.jpg

Took 3 of us a while to get everything sorted, as it was awkward to feed the wiring through, then had a few issues getting the fuse box sorted and then trapping wiring plugs. Bit of a ballache but the dash looks awesome with the gauges in now :)

I was planning on fitting the rest of the dash panels soon, BUT THEN...

Edited by alex_e3
  • Like 2

On the way to Autosport Show today the car let go big time...

36957413672_b95e3d5c20_z.jpg

Hours later after getting towed back I set to work. Car is already stripped down. Looking like oil seals in turbo have gone. Oil everywhere in the bay :'(

36939473586_4a156c96cb_z.jpg

36957415082_db96182964_z.jpg

36957106832_47d90ccaaf_z.jpg

36957105862_dc7a72e3d7_z.jpg

Bad times. Pretty annoyed, but just cracked on with it, as it needs fixing asap!

Edited by alex_e3

Wow - that's pretty bad.  Where did you get yours?

I needed a new hybrid one recently, but mine weirdly didn't just let go.  It just started smoking badly but still kept driving.  Looks like it was holding on to the bitter end.

Dashboard looks so good in the pictures, based on how much better the steering wheel is in real life I'm guessing the dashboard looks even better!

Shame about the engine problems, any updates? Starting to worry about mine now you and Kev have broke an engine each with similar mods

• Like 1

Really impressed with that dash!!

What are the benifits of flocking the dash? I'm probably going to do something simular bit maybe put gauges somewhere less obvious. Even though yours looks 100 times better than i thought it would when you first started out. I honestly thought it was a bit chavvy, but its come good.

[emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers mate! I wanted something as OE as possible, but functional too and positioned in a location that made easy reading when on the move. Think I've managed it :)

Wow - that's pretty bad.  Where did you get yours?

I needed a new hybrid one recently, but mine weirdly didn't just let go.  It just started smoking badly but still kept driving.  Looks like it was holding on to the bitter end.

It's an Xman turbo, but I'm pretty convinced that the turbo is fine and it's the engine that has let go.

Rumour has it Alex has been researching Corsa C bodykits for his new ride

Indeed the rumours of me becoming a Corsa boy are true ha ha! Albeit only temporarily!

No updates on car yet Tom. Had a busy week both in and out of work and was away on business last couple of days too. I'm thinking I'll get down there tomorrow to try and run the engine without the turbo. I think it may just be one of those things if the engine has gone. Might possibly be something to do with the higher cylinder pressures low down when the VNT nozzles are as good as closed.

Maybe he's splitting for parts....

DIBS ON THE DIFF!!!

Ha ha, vultures!! ;)  No chance I'm breaking it after all this work. Definitely not giving up on it just because it's spat its dummy out!

I would definitely buy a Quaife though - awesome bit of kit and really transforms the way the car handles and the confidence you have in it.

• Like 1

Currently researching and in talks with a tuner to get a full BKD lump up and running in the car as a replacement.

I 100% want to go down this route if the engine is knackered. If I do, a hybrid 2260 will be used along with tubular, nozzles, forged rods and a new exhaust again. I'd be hoping for around 320bhp.

• Like 2

My understanding is increased cyclinder pressure is caused by increased boost and fueling/timing which is why we have to go for pd150 head bolts when we start getting closer to 2bar boost pressure.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/resources/myths.php

Anyone got a few grand spare to buy some nice cyclinder pressure data logging kit

VNT being closed creates more pressure in the hot side of the turbo is my understanding. This is why some fit exhaust gas pressure gauges so they can compare intake pressure to exhaust pressure. 1:1 ratio is ideal but read upto 1:2 is normal.