Looks nice fairdos :)

Circa how many ££££'s?

But just hope you don't go for a spin in a GTB2260 powered Fabia afterwards ;)

i did think about GTB power a while back when i needed a turbo, but as i already have a pretty new solid boost pipe set up, correct map blah blah it was cost effective to stay PD hybrid.   afterall..  this is "supposed" to be my run around daily commuter! lol    The Octavia is the power chaser :)

Brand new they are £1188.00 inc VAT

i paid no where near that tho :)   

Edited by GeeVRSman
  • Like 1

Not to mention to get the best out of s GTB requires a SMF and like me Gee hates them in a daily.

I agree, I Hate the noise of a lightweight SMF, but the PD100's are really quiet :)

Not to mention to get the best out of s GTB requires a SMF and like me Gee hates them in a daily.

Not really, vrsjoe is still running a standard clutch and dmf after a good few years of gtb1756 power, and a few sessions around combe.

Alexe3 is running a gtb2260 at 2.5bar of boost on standard clutch and dmf,no issues in the few months hes had it ftted :)

granted people run bigger power on standard clutches flys..    but i like to know that if im going to abuse my car, that i have the confidence that its not going to brake.   i ran standard clutch on my then stage 2 octy and every time i was on it, i had at the back of my mind, is it going to brake this time.    

Personal pref i suppose..  as much as my wife hates it, i like to upgrade where needed for that piece of mind.   As richard said, i cant stand SMF on Diesels...  terrible on a daily when 8 miles of it is sat in traffic.  

Today was a total failure..  was nice and dry all morning. had a few errands to run and then i could put my turbo on.   From the second i opened my tool box it chucked it down.  i trooped through it  until i lost a intake manifold bolt and cannot find it for buggery!!!     I closed my bonnet and will have a go tomorrow as its supposed to be dry.  

Edited by GeeVRSman
  • Like 1

Not really, vrsjoe is still running a standard clutch and dmf after a good few years of gtb1756 power, and a few sessions around combe.

Alexe3 is running a gtb2260 at 2.5bar of boost on standard clutch and dmf,no issues in the few months hes had it ftted :)

I stand by my comment of getting the best out of a GTB.

i.e. 250+bhp? Which will need a rattle filled SMF

Bhp has nothing to do with a flywheel or clutch giving up!its easier to knacker it with more bhp yeah,but more to do with how crap the driver is too how long it lasts :)

Oh yeah and Alex is running 2.5bar of boost,more than 'getting the best from a GTB'

Soz for goin OT on your thread,hope it's dry for you tomoz and you find the missing bolt! :)

Edited by coskev

Soz for goin OT on your thread,hope it's dry for you tomoz and you find the missing bolt! :)

Out of respect for Gee I won't respond and start a "who can get the last word in" debate in regards to the GTB.

• Like 3

Turbo`s in..  everything bolted up.    that inlet manifold bolt that disappeared  of the face of the planet yesterday was say on the subframe under the steering rack!  

20150201_145102.jpg

dirty engine bay

also fitted some OEM  Aero Wiper`s to the car too.. 

20150201_145120.jpg

20150201_145126.jpg

random interior pic :)

20150201_143735.jpg

Edited by GeeVRSman
  • Like 2

they off a mk4 ibiza.  you do need to mod them a little bit as the wiper does not sit on the screen flat and miss`s bits as it wipes..       sorted that with a bit of man power!   :strong:

so.. today been a bit weird... cars been all together for a good part of a week but not running right as the map needs playing with as it was over boosting. 

car (that is still currently being mapped as we speak) lost some of the data file of the map.   We have also discovered that the jabba map thats on the car has been hacked by someone else and altered.  

So..  i have changed the map sensor for a 4bar as its being mapped with that, and currently awaiting completion..    Very strange all this...   only possible cause of map reverting its self/ sh1tting its self / corrupting its self had got to be my battery being totally dead for 2 weeks and that the map file was at some point hacked.    My octy was dead for months and months and never had this problem.

i will report back with info when i have it :) 

• Like 3

fingers crossed the magic man can solve it :)    the drive to work will be interesting tomorrow otherwise lol   espacially as i changed my map sensor. 

Have also enabled my alarm bleep and auto locking...  woop!