The cheek of some people

BrownBarge

Like some sort of slobbering Rotty, staring at the window at every one that comes near? :devil:

"touch my car IF YOU DARE!! :devil:

Flabby mangey Labrador is more accurate ;) although the slobbering is about right.

At least I'm loveable - some of the time.

I went to The Asda last night, and stood there in the dark and the rain, watching an owld biddy reversing out of her space directly towards my car, just waiting to bang on her tailgate as she came within a couple of feet of hitting it.

Well, everyone should have a hobby.  :D

Often park in the car park and send swmbo in while I stay in the car.

Reduces the number of people parking next to you as well.

Doesn't always work for me, had someone open their door into my drivers door while i was in the car. Luckily my elegance has those plastic bump strips so no damage or apology either.

I still think we should ALL get retested for our fitness to drive. More regularly as we get older.

Couldn't agree more, I just went through the process of obtaining a full unrestricted

bike licence. It was the first theory test in the current format I have ever done as I obtained

all my groups years before there was a two part test. 

Let's not forget that there are at least 4 stages to getting a full bike licence now

Theory, CBT, Mod 1 and Mod 2 with repeats of mod 1 and 2 to upgrade to the full enchilada

if you don't satisfy certain rider age and engine size and output criteria the first time round.

My point being that by keeping learning new stuff and testing yourself as you get older

you keep your own skills sharp. I have always said that you never stop learning until you stop

trying to learn. I'm aiming to do my advanced motorcycle test next year at age 42.

Advanced car the year after that. 

But I am certain I would pass a theory test and hazard awareness test as I just did on the 25th March

this year. Didn't get a perfect score, but comfortably good enough to pass easily and if I'm honest

I just rocked up and did the test. I had 3 goes on an online mock test simulator thingy all of which

would have passed then a couple of weeks later I did the real thing and scored 47/50 on the questions

(in 10 minutes flat) and 65/75 on the hazard awareness thing which looks like it was filmed using a 1970s

cine camera... I literally had to wear my reading glasses to see the screen properly. You'd think in this

world of HD this and that and simulators that there would be a better way of doing that part of the test

but I guess the tidal flow of money these tests must raise gets spent elsewhere. 

• Like 1

So you're going to let the mealy mouthed cow off then? :no: :o

Your choice obviously as it's your car, but personally speaking................................................................ :@

Yes, the damage is minimal and my rear bumper is a state anyway.

I was just annoyed & angry that she tried to brush it off and not accept what she had done and not accept responsibility

Yes, the damage is minimal and my rear bumper is a state anyway.

I was just annoyed & angry that she tried to brush it off and not accept what she had done and not accept responsibility

For me that is not the point - SHE added to the damage, SHE should pay to have it put right! 

Any other damage that is also corrected at the same time is just a bonus for you!

I've become more anal about car park dings than ever since getting my Superb.

Same goes for stone chips, so I'm driving with an even bigger distance between me and the car in front now too.

Last wash 2 weeks ago revealed zero damage still!  :clap:

Oh, thats put the mockers on it !!!!!!!!!!!

Report them to the police.

I agree but what exactly are the police going to do about it? I'm not using this as a "have a go" at police, I'm a copper myself, but what crime has she done exactly?

She not driving, so there's nothing within the Road Traffic Act.

So you might be looking at a criminal damage but to prove that the police will have to convince the CPS that the offence has occurred. Therefore the following elements need to be established:

• Damage
  • To Property
  • Belonging to another
  • That was damaged without lawful excuse
  • Intention to cause the damage / recklessness as to whether the damage would be caused

All she will say in interview is that she was unlocking her car and the trolley rolled away by accident. If the case did actually go to court then the CPS would throw it out instantly.

In reality the police wouldn't turn out to it as the civvy calltaker would say that no crime had taken place. Very annoying I know but we get dozens of calls for this kind of thing every week and they never go anywhere. If she was driving then it's a totally different ball game.

I was in an Asda carpark last year when a feral family decided to open their door into the side of mine, while I was sat in the car. I got out and had a verbal with them and after 10 mins of remonstrating the CHAV said he'd sort it by bringing £50 round to my house. £50 would have covered it but there was no way I was giving my details to him, as I was pretty sure there'd have been more than £50 of damage during the night of his visit.

• Like 1

See my thread "Fat Parkers" started some time ago.

It is because people are so selfish and do not value things these days.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/314281-fat-parkers/

At least you've saved money going to Aldi instead of Waitrose!

Edited by loskie
  • Like 1

For me that is not the point - SHE added to the damage, SHE should pay to have it put right!

Any other damage that is also corrected at the same time is just a bonus for you!

When i say minimal i mean minimal. Hardly noticeable. Might even buff out. Not worth the hassle honestly.

Still causing damage! I'd take it to a detailers and send the bill for rear bumper correction

That you find would be a complete waste of time and effort. Unless you took a civil action claim which is totally disproportionate and you would be laughed out of court. Unfortunately you will just have to take it on the chin and think what freckwits the majority of the population are. Unfortunate but true.

On the ferry deck last week, was directed to park the new Zafira quite near the door to the stairs for access to the living areas.

Cue everyone dragging their bags along the side of the car-I caught one English chap yanking his wheelie case as he'd got it stuck-against my front bumper and blocked his path and made him go back so we could look for damage-only a few black marks which I know will wipe off with thinners, but no apology, just him complaining about how is he supposed to get past?

I parked exactly in line, exactly as directed by the attendant, to the inch, just the same as every other car, but I happened to be near the stair access-do I design the ferries? NO.

I found marks all around the car from suitcases when I got it out into daylight the next day  :thumbdown:

I would not dream of doing this to other cars.  What is wrong with people?

I had something similar happen to me, or at least a car i was in. I was a passenger in a car driven by my mate. We'd just parked in a Co - op car park when a loaded trolley piled in the rear drivers door leaving a deep scratch and dent. Woman said she wasn't responsible, pointing to a sign that said "Co - op take no responsibility for cars parking here, customers park at own risk".

My pal, who is normally a mild mannered chap informed her that if she didn't write a note that moment admitting what had just happened, then by the same token he couldn't be held responsible for taking his very large wheel wrench to every panel of her car.

• Like 3

On the ferry deck last week, was directed to park the new Zafira quite near the door to the stairs for access to the living areas.

Cue everyone dragging their bags along the side of the car-I caught one English chap yanking his wheelie case as he'd got it stuck-against my front bumper and blocked his path and made him go back so we could look for damage-only a few black marks which I know will wipe off with thinners, but no apology, just him complaining about how is he supposed to get past?

I parked exactly in line, exactly as directed by the attendant, to the inch, just the same as every other car, but I happened to be near the stair access-do I design the ferries? NO.

I found marks all around the car from suitcases when I got it out into daylight the next day  :thumbdown:

I would not dream of doing this to other cars.  What is wrong with people?

The  majority I come into contact with..........LOADS.

Rude, ignorant, arrogant,bad mannered,impatient, disgusting selfish, greedy, big headed self righteous, cocky, swaggering, and downright objectionable, all sniveling around the same vile swill filled pig trough and it's getting worse by the day.

Edited by Mr Ree
  • Like 1

When the state and the media get together to tell people "you can't be responsible for your own lives", shockingly enough a lot of people decide they're not responsible for their own lives.

Therfore everything they do wrong is someone else's fault. YOU parked in the path of the trolly, the SUPERMARKET should have flat car parks, SOMEONE should have stopped it. Anyone but THEMSELVES.

I get this at work a lot (do disciplinaries), when they do something bad it's YOUR fault because YOU didn't stop them.

****ing arseholes.

• Like 3

People just dont give a flying fu$% about other people's property, and it really get under my skin.

When my last car was rammed into at a roundabout by a van, after deploying the anchors because a stupid bit£$ on her phone drove out in front of me,

all i got from her was "thats what insurance is for" in a real "i dont care" sort of tone.... Easy for her to say, id pulled up short of wrecking her poxy car!!!

that cow has no idea to this day how close she came to be dragged thru her Golf's window to have her head stoved in with her own phone...

AND someone recently decided to use my driver door as a bump stop in a car park :@  did a nice job on clear coat Waanker...

I know the paint work aint perfect anyway, but christ if you dont own it, try not to break it!!

I swear sometimes i feel im the only dic&head who actually tries not damage other people's vehicles., and accepts it when i make a booboo...

(i dropped 2 new pressed metal number plates into my neighbour on Wednesday after bending his front with my towbar... like a tit... 2, incase the font or spacing was different, andi didnt want it to be an odd match...)

People just dont give a flying fu$% about other people's property, and it really get under my skin.

When my last car was rammed into at a roundabout by a van, after deploying the anchors because a stupid bit£$ on her phone drove out in front of me,

all i got from her was "thats what insurance is for" in a real "i dont care" sort of tone.... Easy for her to say, id pulled up short of wrecking her poxy car!!!

that cow has no idea to this day how close she came to be dragged thru her Golf's window to have her head stoved in with her own phone...

AND someone recently decided to use my driver door as a bump stop in a car park :@  did a nice job on clear coat Waanker...

I know the paint work aint perfect anyway, but christ if you dont own it, try not to break it!!

I swear sometimes i feel im the only dic&head who actually tries not damage other people's vehicles., and accepts it when i make a booboo...

(i dropped 2 new pressed metal number plates into my neighbour on Wednesday after bending his front with my towbar... like a tit... 2, incase the font or spacing was different, andi didnt want it to be an odd match...)

nothing like the look that says "I'll put your puppy in the oven if you do that" to make people more gentle with their doors...

Edited by mac11irl

I absolutely hate when people do this in supermarket carparks!!!

2 weeks after i bought my furby i found 2 small dents in the ds/rear door, exactly where the framework on a trolley pokes out! .... now everytime i see someone put a trolley up against a bollard instead of putting it back i outright make the commment, you putting that back?

i even put the trolleys that have been left near the bollards near where i have parked back. so to avoid the chance of them hitting my car by rolling off or something!! lol...

I absolutely hate when people do this in supermarket carparks!!!

2 weeks after i bought my furby i found 2 small dents in the ds/rear door, exactly where the framework on a trolley pokes out! .... now everytime i see someone put a trolley up against a bollard instead of putting it back i outright make the commment, you putting that back?

i even put the trolleys that have been left near the bollards near where i have parked back. so to avoid the chance of them hitting my car by rolling off or something!! lol...

My Fabia is covered in dents from car parks! Really annoys me

i might have a dent spree sometime and get all the pesky little ones, removed... i bet if you looked at my car right now youd struggle to see any.. but because I KNOW they are there... well you know the rest.... :P