Arrggghh just over 48hrs to go

JohnSTV6

Til I am getting married!!

I'm really getting a panic on now, nerves etc are kicking in.

It's been ages away for so long, but now it's crept up on me and it's almost here.

Any tips on how to get over my nerves regarding making a speach, and the first dance?

Cos I am totally ****ing myself here :D

• Like 2

Have a beer first, but not five!

Everyone there will be willing you both on, so chill and enjoy seeing everybody.

It's your day, don't spoil it by worrying.

Good luck  :sun:

Til I am getting married!!

I'm really getting a panic on now, nerves etc are kicking in.

It's been ages away for so long, but now it's crept up on me and it's almost here.

Any tips on how to get over my nerves regarding making a speach, and the first dance?

Cos I am totally ****ing myself here :D

Keep the speech short, practice it and put the items on bullet cards to prompt you rather than trying to read off of a sheet of paper.

For the first dance, just make sure it's the wife you're dancing with.

Why should you be nervous? you'll know most of the people there.

Congratulations, When you make your "speech" , you are just having a chat with friends forget this word "speech ", you are not at a Ukip conference . whilst you are speaking just look at one person at a time and chat to them. Chill and have a brilliant day

Edited by mellyboy
  • Like 1

Remember...... It's your best day ever.... Everyone is there to support you... So enjoy, like said above , think of it as a celebration with mates/family.

And congrats.... Finding love is a blessing, and after 30 years marriage I'm still feeling lucky to have found My lady.

• Like 2

And they're all there to support you both and share in the occasion.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

What he said........no-one is there hoping you make a complete idiot of yourself......in fact, those present who've been through exactly the same thing will all be feeling for you.

Good luck!

• Like 1

What he said........no-one is there hoping you make a complete idiot of yourself......in fact, those present who've been through exactly the same thing will all be feeling for you.

Good luck!

Dunno about that like mate, the ones with the phones on record etc would probably love it if I make a total balls up of it :D

I was the best man for my best man and I am not the best at speaking.

When it comes to making the speeches - honestly just relax. I got in a knot when I started and ended up rushing through it, my wife then calmly told me to breathe and I was fine after that :)

But yeah, have a beer or two but don't go mental - being half cut at the alter will be of no use to you ;)

As others have said, enjoy yourself and best wishes for your marriage - take care of each other :)

• Like 1

Marriage is a wonderful occasion, and you should be excited not nervous.

You have 24hrs to go and not done your speech yet????   C'MON man wots up wiv ya :D

GOOD LUCK on the big day, and enjoy it.

• Like 1

My cousin's husband passed out during their ceremony and wasn't fit to carry on for 20mins.

I've also been at a wedding (one of the Mrs friends) where the bride passed out at the end of the do during the last dance. Blamed the stress of having her family there with a temporary truce to a long standing feud and being on edge all night something was going to happen. Was a fantastic doo but one hell of an atmosphere in some parts of the room.

Best advice is relax, try not to please anyone other than each other, and try to see everyone. You'll probably hardly see the other half all night, but can make up for it later ;)

If you've not written a speech yet get together with your best man and go on line to check out who each of you should thank and congratulate. There are traditional ways of doing it just make sure you cover everyone.

If you're not naturally funny don't try to be funny. It's not expected of you.

Write your speech but only take bullet points or you'll sound robotic.

It's a good idea to say nice things about your bride's family, a nod to your mates/best man / ushers, thank the guests as a whole for coming

Remember the crowd is friendly. No one want you to trip up.

On the day -

Get there early, you are suppose to welcome guests into the venue. the bride will be late

Go for a pee whenever you can.

Whisper something nice to your bride as she arrives beside you (she will remember)

I found the ceremony the most nervous bit, I tried to put the wrong ring on my wife, she tried to put mine on the wrong finger.

I'd used up my nerves at the ceremony and felt pretty relaxed during the speeches

First dance is 'orrible if you're not a dancer, if you've a band have a word with them and get them to bring in the other top table guests quickly.

Work the tables through the night, it's not really your day it's the parents of the married couple. Smile and dance when your asked.

Don't get to ratted to 'perform'. She will remember and tell her mates.

Don't forget to enjoy your day! Congratulations and good luck :thumbup:

PS tip about not standing on your heels is a good one, you'll faint. If you feel yourself going rock back and forward onto the balls of your feet. Worst case if you're suddenly looking down a tunnel let your best man know and he'll grab you before you knock your teeth out on the alter.

Just a thought, we're a bit late with advice now. Hope he's not in the church looking at Briskoda on a smartphone.

Good luck with it mate! i know i was nervous as hell on the day of mine, a pint in the morning and a greasy fry-up soon calmed the nerves :D . the relief once the whole thing is over is only replaced by the thought of where you hide your wallet for the rest of your life, all jokes aside have a great day!