INSP appears on the instrument panel

saurabhdutt

Hi,

My CitiGo Sport has now done 8700 miles and today I noticed that every time I start the car "INSP" appears on the screen and then goes away after 5 seconds.

Does any body know what is it about? Is it because its due for a service or something else.

310132d7cd69cf0409fcc8a4530acaa2_zpsd2ca

Thanks

Saurabh

+1. Inspection Service. Basically an oil and filter change and a check for wear.

Full details will be in the owners manual, if you have one. PDF's are available if you don't.

It should tell you when you switch the ignition on how many miles left till the service is actually due.

You can also go over by a bit too so it doesn't have to be bang on 10,000 miles. I was told that Skoda in terms of their warranty and service history etc etc give a 1000 mile grace so you could go about 1000 miles over without any adverse affects.

Phil

I was told that if you go over by a month or 500 miles it will invalidate your warranty!!!! That may have been a scare mongering tactic by the Skoda garage.

I was told that if you go over by a month or 500 miles it will invalidate your warranty!!!! That may have been a scare mongering tactic by the Skoda garage.

Ah yeah. maybe it was 500 miles actually and not 1000!

I think they give you an extra month/500 miles.

Phil

Emil....your manual, bottom of page 10, doesn't have a section "Service Interval Display"?

Probably it does. I thought we were talking about "Full details" what inspection service includes.  :notme:  If I remember I'll check it later on.

If I remember right text "insp" is pre warning and notice that it's time to book a service. A bit later you can see a wrench at instrument cluster, then it's time to go to service. I've seen it only once so far so don't shoot me if I was wrong.

Page 12 of the manual says

'Before the next service interval the message insp appears for some seconds and

the remaining kilometres are indicated after switching on the ignition.
At the time of the service, an acoustic signal will sound and the message insp appears
for a few seconds after switching on the ignition'

I don't think there is a spanner symbol on the Citigo (but I may be wrong)

Page 12 of the manual says

'Before the next service interval the message insp appears for some seconds and

the remaining kilometres are indicated after switching on the ignition.

At the time of the service, an acoustic signal will sound and the message insp appears

for a few seconds after switching on the ignition'

I don't think there is a spanner symbol on the Citigo (but I may be wrong)

Mine just says INSP and no miles or kilometers, it stays for few seconds and goes back to the trip meter.

How do I check how many miles before I book the service OR just follow 10,000 miles interval?

Skoda just phoned me telling me my Citigo needs a service lol going in on the 8th only done 6800m so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How come so early? Is it one year old?