Briskoda 2015 Calendar Photo Submision

BriskodaCalendar

Sorry to spam up the thread with a question, but the OP hasn't been online for 12 days... How is the voting going to work? Is it based on Likes on the above posts, or once all entries are in will there be another vote?

If it's based on Likes then it's not very clear in the opening post, people need to scroll through properly and cast if that is the case!

Edited by Damo
No need for link

Sorry to spam up the thread with a question, but the OP hasn't been online for 12 days... How is the voting going to work? Is it based on Likes on the above posts, or once all entries are in will there be another vote?

If it's based on Likes then it's not very clear in the opening post, people need to scroll through properly and cast if that is the case!

Never fear. The OP account is just for the calendar but the member behind it is well and truly active on the thread and wider forum :) Voting is done later on to allow time for the pics to be arranged etc and an actual vote will happen I imagine in line with previous years like this thread from last years vote ---> http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/292460-briskoda-2014-calendar-voting-thread

• Like 1

Never fear. The OP account is just for the calendar but the member behind it is well and truly active on the thread and wider forum :) Voting is done later on to allow time for the pics to be arranged etc and an actual vote will happen I imagine in line with previous years like this thread from last years vote ---> http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/292460-briskoda-2014-calendar-voting-thread

Nice, then my only comment is that voting thread you link to, it has an issue in that the names of each pic are not clearly associated with the pic - that is to say, when scrolling through it's not clear if the name is for the pic above or below it (I realise it's the pic below, but you know what internets people are like!) - clearer formatting would be much appreciated this year to ensure people are giving the names of the pic they think they are! ;) And I realise that is the worst constructed sentence ever!

Nice, then my only comment is that voting thread you link to, it has an issue in that the names of each pic are not clearly associated with the pic - that is to say, when scrolling through it's not clear if the name is for the pic above or below it (I realise it's the pic below, but you know what internets people are like!) - clearer formatting would be much appreciated this year to ensure people are giving the names of the pic they think they are! ;) And I realise that is the worst constructed sentence ever!

Name appeared above first pic, so that theme carries on throughout lol. 

• Like 1

Yea, that's how I worked it out, my point was I know what people are like and no doubt 50% will not realise this!

It's always worked in the past. I'm not changing it this year.

To be honest for a site that has thousands of members the total vote count is always embarrassingly small.

I only really included it as a nod to the democracy that an Internet forum promotes and to avoid the inevitable bitching that'd happen if I just chose what I thought were best.

Uptake has been pretty slow this year and it's going to be a pretty sparse calendar at the current time.

I'll bump the section specific threads again and see if I can drum up some more pictures and maybe get an "official" promotion email sent out to raise awareness

• Like 1