207bhp Yeti Greenline 1.6tdi Project - Skoda Yeti SE Business 2.0 tdi 150ps SCR Project

DarrellGB

Thanks Lee, it's a great price too, we're going on holiday to the Alps again this year and looking forward to no brake fade on the downhill roads!!!

Funny, when I posted the above I was specifically thinking of when I pushed the car hard around the Grossglockner pass until the pads were smoking heavily! :)

• Like 1

Dropped the car off at Shark Performance this morning, big list of jobs:

- Turbo install

- Darkside Developments Hard Pipework Kit fitted

- Stage 2 Custom Map

- Brake upgrade, hubs, callipers etc

- Bilstein Shocks, changing from 50 to 55mm to accomadate the new hubs

Did you go for the turbo that the Yeti 170 runs as standard in the end or something else Darrell?

And did you find a set of ali TT hubs?

Edited by BossFox
  • Like 1

Did you go for the turbo that the Yeti 170 runs as standard in the end or something else Darrell?

And did you find a set of ali TT hubs?

It's a GTC1549VZ Turbo from the CR177, the brake set up including hubs I sourced from a Seat Leon FR :)

It's a GTC1549VZ Turbo from the CR177, the brake set up including hubs I sourced from a Seat Leon FR :)

Interesting, might be a little bit more capable than the CR170 turbo then.

Looking forward to seeing how it does on the 1.6tdi.

Kudos for being prepared to tread a different path.

• Like 1

Interesting, might be a little bit more capable than the CR170 turbo then.

Looking forward to seeing how it does on the 1.6tdi.

Kudos for being prepared to tread a different path.

Thanks Richard, I've got a feeling that this week is going to go slowly, can't wait to get it back on Friday. I'll only get a day with it, flying out to Belfast on Saturday :( Edited by DarrellGB
  • Like 1

I also have ATE blue fluid... it cured the problem I had of loosing the pedal at Blyton last year :)

Cheap aswell, £10 for 1L http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ATE-TYP200-Race-Quality-Brake-Fluid-Replaces-Super-Blue-Racing-DOT4-/311220039656?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

• Like 2

Looks pretty good that, especially if others have positive things to say about it too.

Should actually have some new unopened Tarox RoadRace 500ml bottles if you wanted Darren? Should have 4 sitting there.

Drop me a PM if you want to sort something out.

Looks pretty good that, especially if others have positive things to say about it too.

Should actually have some new unopened Tarox RoadRace 500ml bottles if you wanted Darren? Should have 4 sitting there.

Drop me a PM if you want to sort something out.

That would be great, I'll PM now :)

Work is coming along nicely at Shark Performance

Big brakes look good (chickened out on the Bilstein B8 and went with B4, keep the kids fillings inplace!!)

post-120571-0-02796400-1422964636_thumb.jpg

post-120571-0-16077600-1422964683_thumb.jpg

Turbo ready to be replaced

post-120571-0-39079700-1422964723_thumb.jpg

post-120571-0-47067700-1422964739_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

(chickened out on the Bilstein B8 and went with B4, keep the kids fillings inplace!!)

I'd have gone for the B8s personally, I ran them on my last Passat and they were perfectly comfy enough.

Bit late now I guess, having just looked at the photo :D

• Like 1

Just saw, Shark are fitting the CR170 turbo like my Yeti has.

Results should be pretty interesting.

The CR170 turbo is a BV43A, this is a GTC1549VZ. I'm not sure what the differences are other than this one has oval ports and came from a CR177 and I was told it spools up very quickly? Same kind of output so should be good fun :)

I'd have gone for the B8s personally, I ran them on my last Passat and they were perfectly comfy enough.

Bit late now I guess, having just looked at the photo :D

I can always change my mind, I'll wait for Lee to fit his B8's first ;)

Booooooooost! Look forward to seeing the results :D

You beat me to it.......might have to add one to the Fabia, but I'll make sure Darrell's engine doesn't blow up first

The joys of being a test pilot :)

• Like 2

Is it nearly finished yet?

:)

Friday feels like a long way off !!! Come down with a chest infection so chilling at home reading how my new turbo can safely handle up to 2.3bar!!

The rest of the engine won't, but it's still nice know :)

Friday feels like a long way off !!! Come down with a chest infection so chilling at home reading how my new turbo can safely handle up to 2.3bar!!

I'm at Nottingham for tests tomorrow (on me, not the car), might have to do a detour on the way home :-)

• Like 1

Is that sustained, or peak request?

• Like 1