207bhp Yeti Greenline 1.6tdi Project - Skoda Yeti SE Business 2.0 tdi 150ps SCR Project

DarrellGB

Milltek System is in place, more or less a straight fit with just a little adaptation of a piece of the trim under the car due to the exhaust width, plus we've maintained the OEM look, can't wait to hear what she sounds like :)

post-120571-0-96931600-1418123357_thumb.jpgpost-120571-0-59410300-1418123377_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Milltek System is in place, more or less a straight fit with just a little adaptation of a piece of the trim under the car due to the exhaust width, plus we've maintained the OEM look, can't wait to hear what she sounds like :)

Don't get your hopes up too much regarding an 'awesome' sound, I doubt it will be much different to standard

Had my non-res fitted to the Octavia yesterday, and it's surprisingly quiet

• Like 1

Don't get your hopes up too much regarding an 'awesome' sound, I doubt it will be much different to standard

Had my non-res fitted to the Octavia yesterday, and it's surprisingly quiet

I've just had a listen and it's just what I was hoping for, a bit more of a refined sound but not loud, quieter than I was expecting to be honest. It's just going on the RR, they needed a test car after its recalibration so I get a free run :) I'll get some film of the sound under load :)

• Like 2

Well, you learn something new everyday, turns out the Yeti Greenline has a Mk5 Golf rear end and a Mk7 Golf Front end!!! Can Skoda not make their mind up which bit of the VAG parts bin to fish out of!!

• Like 1

Here's some video of the Dyno run, it's running the same bhp at 150 but torque is up from 306 to 320Nm :) Can't wait to get the turbo on next!

While I was here we've put some Torox Strada pads on to help the braking short term and a VW Racing panel filter :)

• Like 2

After the morning at Awesome GTI it's the next up for Sharky, an install of the Noise Killer kit. I'll let you all know the results but it should add to the quality feel of the Yeti.

Once the turbo is on I may rename it to Yeti GT TDI or Yeti GTI. The Yeti is largely based on the Mk5 Golf and the Mk5 GTI had 197bhp and 280Nm and published kerb weight of 1328kg. If we get to where we are aiming with figures of 200bhp and 340Nm and under 1200kg I'll be very happy ;)

http://www.nkgroup.co.uk

post-120571-0-99068200-1418138653_thumb.jpgpost-120571-0-05750800-1418138796_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

So approx 236 ft lbs.

Have you got a printout of your graph

I do but he's emailing me a digital copy so I'll post that up once it comes, better quality than a pic of the printed. When it was originally mapped at Shark it was 306Nm, since then the Intercooler and exhaust had gone on, I knew it was pulling stronger so the 320Nm on Awesome GTI's RR was about what I had guessed :) happy customer.

The standard clutch is ok up to 340Nm so I'm aiming to stay just under that.

• Like 1

Well here's the feedback after a couple of hours driving after all today's mods, first up:

Noise Killer:
What a difference, this has exceeded all my expectations, on the motorway and around town the car is sommuch quiter. Engine noise is massively minimised leaving the car sounding much smoother and refined. I would reccomend this to anyone, it's made a car I already loved even more of a joy to drive.

Milltek Cat Back - Non Resonated:
This is one I went back and forward on for a long time, mainly down there not being a system specifically for the Yeti and not knowing what the cabin noise would be.

The system for the Mk5 GT TDI fit perfectly, a small piece of plastic had to be trimmed but the exhaust itself fit perfectly. The engine note is no loader than standard either in or outside the car, but it is a much nicer refined/sporty sound. I'm over the moon with it, anyone with the same concerns I had, fear not and go for it :)

• Like 2

That's cool. I must be used to the old pd lumps as that torque figure seems a little low for a diesel?

I bet it pulls well though :)

Oh it does, makes me smile every time, it delivers the torque right across the Rev range :)

It made 127.75bhp and 213.23ft llb at the wheels.

Nice build thread, Darrell.  Thanks for sharing.

Glad the Noisekiller stuff worked. 

Was it fitted for you, or did you have to do the struggle bit?

I can see the price of a kit, mind sharing how much fitting cost?  If it was.

Noise is the area which is currently bugging me the most, I may actually get it done!

Your findings and enthusiasm have stirred my dormant interest in a intercooler upgrade, as most of the mileage is sur le continong, in the heat. 

I can easily get the smallish cost items done....

As the brakes were the most obvious short coming on my Octavia when I first got it, I did that first. 

Maybe the lighter Yeti is not quite in such dire need, but with such a performance increase, I'm a bit surprised you keep deferring.

Maybe your use is less severe.  I like crossing mountain ranges.

• Like 1

Nice build thread, Darrell.  Thanks for sharing.

Glad the Noisekiller stuff worked. 

Was it fitted for you, or did you have to do the struggle bit?

I can see the price of a kit, mind sharing how much fitting cost?  If it was.

Noise is the area which is currently bugging me the most, I may actually get it done!

Your findings and enthusiasm have stirred my dormant interest in a intercooler upgrade, as most of the mileage is sur le continong, in the heat. 

I can easily get the smallish cost items done....

As the brakes were the most obvious short coming on my Octavia when I first got it, I did that first. 

Maybe the lighter Yeti is not quite in such dire need, but with such a performance increase, I'm a bit surprised you keep deferring.

Maybe your use is less severe.  I like crossing mountain ranges.

The Noise Killer kit is fantastic, its transformed the refinement of the car with engine noise almost eliminated in the cabin. I had it installed at Noise Killers offices on Oldham, it was £90 and for the amount and quality of work was worth every penny :)

The standard brakes are actually pretty good and more than adequate for road use, the Tarox pads have made them even better. The 312mm upgrade will be needed once the turbo upgrade is done and especially if i want to see any track action :)

The noise killer looks like a good bit of kit :) shouldn't be difficult to fit.

How heavy is it?

The whole kit can't be more than 4kg at a guess, trickiest bit looked to be un-bolting the fixing bars for the rear seats.