207bhp Yeti Greenline 1.6tdi Project - Skoda Yeti SE Business 2.0 tdi 150ps SCR Project

DarrellGB

Cracking along nicely Darrell.

Real man stuff

..................especially with the copy of Disney's Frozen tucked away in the back ground :giggle:

"the cold never bothered me anyway!" :rock:

You know you love it ;)

• Like 1

Exciting read, WD Tuning in Denmark have done a turbo upgrade on a Seat Ibiza 1.6tdi, heres the translation from their Facebook page:

Turbo Upgrade of 1.6 TDI CR

"Here we have a Seat Ibiza which has been our upgrade turbo .
The car was born with 90 hp and 240 nm.

The file we have rolled with here is a very mild tuning - there's more to download ..."

There first go at mapping produced 185bhp and 348Nm, can't wait to get mine done now :)

Heres the graph......
post-120571-0-04711700-1418768973_thumb.jpg
  • Like 4

Eibach Pro Kit is fitted, took longer than expected as one of the front hubs were seized on the drive shaft!!

post-120571-0-30462500-1418831654_thumb.jpg

Even though the Yeti Greenline is lower as standard, there's still quite a difference between them and the Eibach's

post-120571-0-15676000-1418831753_thumb.jpg

And the final result :)

post-120571-0-98231000-1418831771_thumb.jpgpost-120571-0-34537300-1418831789_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That's cool. I must be used to the old pd lumps as that torque figure seems a little low for a diesel?

I bet it pulls well though :)

The cr140 2.0 is quoted at 236 lb ft on paper.

Not sure what it is since they went up to 150bhp.

Bearing in mind its a 1.6. Its not bad at all IMO.

• Like 1

So is that off a 2.0 tdi cr150 or a cr180? (Or are we on 185 now. I forget)

Its from a CR170 so good for tuning up to 220-240bhp, were only shooting for 200bhp though so the turbo won't be getting pushed too hard :)

• Like 1

Am I missing a point here?

A CR170 on stage 1 generally goes up to about 205 at Shark, with no other mods, and that's on a 2 litre engine

How will bolting a turbo onto a 1.6 achieve the same figure

Am I missing a point here?

A CR170 on stage 1 generally goes up to about 205 at Shark, with no other mods, and that's on a 2 litre engine

How will bolting a turbo onto a 1.6 achieve the same figure

Here's the post i put up with a graph from tuners in Denmark who have taken the 1.6tdi to 185bhp with what they called a "soft map".

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/326591-2014-greenline-project-aka-sharky/?p=4055542

They think 200bhp is achievable but if we only go to 185-190bhp id still be very happy :) Plus this isn't just a the turbo, its a stage2 map with other mods to compliment the turbo conversion, intercooler, intake, exhaust.

Only just seen this... should be very interesting to see how driveable it is down low with such a mismatch of engine capacity and turbo size. If anyone can do it, Shark can though. :)

I hope so, from what I've been able to research, this turbo characteristically spools up quickly so I'm hoping they can keep the current lowdown performance. If we have to sacrifice top end for drivability I'm ok with that :)

Nice work on the Yeti Darrell, gives an insight for others wanting to do a bit of modding :-), by the way have you ever thought of putting a Front Strut brace on? its an absolutely cracking bit of kit for handling and relatively cheap too, I added one (on the recommendation of a friend) to one of my vehicles that had coilovers, rarb and farb etc and the difference it made was brilliant, the turn in was so much sharper.

• Like 2

Nice work on the Yeti Darrell, gives an insight for others wanting to do a bit of modding :-), by the way have you ever thought of putting a Front Strut brace on? its an absolutely cracking bit of kit for handling and relatively cheap too, I added one (on the recommendation of a friend) to one of my vehicles that had coilovers, rarb and farb etc and the difference it made was brilliant, the turn in was so much sharper.

Thanks Raymo, not gotten around to looking into one, a MK5/6 Golf strut brace would probably fit though :)

• Like 1

Few more modifications going in:

Columbus being fitted and a few VCDS mods on the 27th Dec thanks to fluffmeister (http://www.briskoda.net/forums/user/6005-fluffmeister/)

Hubs, Callipers, Carriers and Discs purchased from a 2014 Seat Leon FR Tdi 184 bhp for the brake upgrade :)

• Like 1

Hubs, Callipers, Carriers and Discs purchased from a 2014 Seat Leon FR Tdi 184 bhp for the brake upgrade :)

Sounds like its coming together now. Very useful to know that the new MQB platform still shares its parts with the Yeti's old mk5 golf platform - quite surprising in fact but very interesting. :)
  • Like 1