207bhp Yeti Greenline 1.6tdi Project - Skoda Yeti SE Business 2.0 tdi 150ps SCR Project

DarrellGB

As requested, here is the hire car I've now got for a few more days, the Hyundai iX35 or 'Black Ugly" as we now call her !!

post-120571-0-88410700-1423222391_thumb.png

Still had to give it a polish, may be ugly but standards are standards ;)

As requested, here is the hire car I've now got for a few more days, the Hyundai i35 or 'Black Ugly" as we now call her !!

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-02-06 at 11.30.26.png

Still had to give it a polish, may be ugly but standards are standards ;)

You do know that's an IX35 don't you Darrell? :)

That seems like quite a steep daily charge? Who are you renting it with?

• Like 1

You do know that's an IX35 don't you Darrell? :)

That seems like quite a steep daily charge? Who are you renting it with?

Oops, altered post, not too bad for a group F car? It's on the company account with Enterprise, it's a little more on the daily rates but you get better choice of cars, zero excess plus other perks.

Funny you should say that, as there's an identical iX35 to yours in the car park today - we also have an Enterprise account. So maybe they got a job lot of them :)

• Like 1

Funny you should say that, as there's an identical iX35 to yours in the car park today - we also have an Enterprise account. So maybe they got a job lot of them :)

The guys at the local office are great, if there's an upgrade sat there for the weekend that's not going out they'll let me take it. Had some intersting cars, usual Mercs but recently had an Infinity Q50, wasn't bad for a posh Nissan ;)

Looking forward to seeing the mapping results

Hopefully have some results soon, due to pick the car up on Tuesday lunch time, 10days without the car, can't wait to get it back, mostly just wondering what Ben has managed to do  :clap:

Is your Yeti a 4x4?

Nope, they never did the Greenline as a 4x4, just the 2.0tdi and 1.8tsi, the plus side is its a lot lighter than the 4x4 versions. 

Nope, they never did the Greenline as a 4x4, just the 2.0tdi and 1.8tsi, the plus side is its a lot lighter than the 4x4 versions.

I don't have the figures to hand, but it's got to be 100kg+ difference.

Both of my 4x4 ones showed Skoda's claimed kerb weights were also really wet weights, in other words didn't include the 75kg driver allowance.

Think they've been rumbled and show the cars with that now.

• Like 1

I don't have the figures to hand, but it's got to be 100kg+ difference.

Both of my 4x4 ones showed Skoda's claimed kerb weights were also really wet weights, in other words didn't include the 75kg driver allowance.

Think they've been rumbled and show the cars with that now.

Rear seats can come out for Castle Comb as well, they weigh a fair bit so should cancel out the driver weight and make a little difference. Need to get it to a weigh bridge and get a real world figure. 

• Like 1

I think I'm getting more impatient about this than Darrell now :(

Not long till its your turn ;) at least there will a map to work from when yours gets done :)

• Like 3

Well, tomorrow is D-Day, I've been tied up all day traveling back from Ireland then straight into work so didn't have chance to call Shark but I haven't heard anything from them :(

Hoping all is ok, don't know if I should be excited or nervous!!!

Are you not starting the bets on what it'll make then?! Everyone played that game when I was awaiting Beti's final mapping...

I'll go with 165bhp and 260lb/ft torque.

Out of interest, why did you go with the 170 turbo over the 140 unit? :)

• Like 1