Octavia greenline III mpg

I'm not sure there are many, yet, at least not on here. I have one on order though the build week has apparently slipped back 3 weeks so won't be seeing it until mid October at the earliest I expect. It's not been out long, especially not the estate. Also, with the standard 1.6TDI coming in at 99g/km I doubt it'll be as popular a fleet car as the MkII Greenline was unless the tax bands change.

My Fabia GL2 has a published combined figure of 83mpg and I did once get 82mpg (trip computer reading, anyway) but regularly get mid 70s which I'm happy with. If I can improve on that in a bigger car I'll be surprised, but very happy!

Getting 65mpg from my non-greenline 1.6TDI after only 500 miles running in. Will be interesting to see what you can get out of a greenline.

800 miles in and getting 62.5 (Fuelly). Mine is a 1.6 TDI manual Estate Black Edition with 18” alloys.

• 1 month later...

MPG is a strange debate. I have a 1.6 non greenline which is averaging 55mpg after 12k miles. I have to drive it pathetically slowly to get 60+mpg so can't understand how anyone achieves over 60mpg whilst moving faster than 50 mph.

Mine is s spec so doesn't have an eco mode, maybe that really works ?

Having said that, mine has never returned less than 50mpg average even when driven hard fully loaded.

MPG is a strange debate. I have a 1.6 non greenline which is averaging 55mpg after 12k miles. I have to drive it pathetically slowly to get 60+mpg so can't understand how anyone achieves over 60mpg whilst moving faster than 50 mph.

Having said that, mine has never returned less than 50mpg average even when driven hard fully loaded.

In my 2.0TDI, im now looking low to mid 60s average, but get it on a nice long journey on the motorway, and you are laughing. Edinburgh to Kent, mainly 60 to 70mph running, with the odd bit of 50 in road works, and a horrible diversion round Preston in traffic because my SatNav decided the motorway was too busy- 70 to the gallon. I had just over quarter of a tank left upon arrival.

Only way my 1.6 would average 70mpg would be to drive at steady 55 mph, even then it would probably be 68 mpg.

Can't see the greenline's achieving the claimed 80+mpg.

Only way my 1.6 would average 70mpg would be to drive at steady 55 mph, even then it would probably be 68 mpg.

Can't see the greenline's achieving the claimed 80+mpg.

Must admit i was gobsmacked when i managed the journey on so little fuel. Cant remember what my average speed was (obviously less than 70 by a little bit), but there was definitely mostly 60 to 70 mph running

Edited by JungleJames

Mine was at Emden at the start of the week, so I should be picking it up soon. I'll let you know how I get on. With the Fabia GL2 I generally got good MPG from the start. Average on a motorway run would be in the mid to high 70s (I aim to drive at around 67mph with cruise on) and for a more mixed run, I regularly get high 60s without much effort. Normally that's all with two adults, a baby, and baby stuff. Will be sad to see it go but need something bigger. On paper the Octy GL3 is more efficient so it'll be interesting to see what happens in practice.

My Octavia III SE (not Greenline) seems to like faster speeds that my old Octavia Greenline II.  I've only done 1k miles but seems to getting mid sixties mph at 70mph.  The Greenline II's mpg would drop significantly if driven at 70mph (below 60mpg). 

RichardWheat200 Octy GLIII is giving 50 to 60. Figure on paper - 88.3 mpg is it bit exaggerated ?

Not sure if that's in a GL3 though. Also depends on the driving conditions. Richard, what's the situation?

Edited by Redline Greenline ii

Trip computer reads about 10% over. The "miles since refuling" is more accurate but still 5% above what fuely calculate. I always brim the tank and fill slowly after the first cut off for a couple more clicks so I know my filling is consistent.

No noticable difference between standard Esso/Shell/Jet diesel.  I don't bother with supermarket value fuel as I can usually find the branded stuff price matching the supermarkets.

About time Aldi/Lidi opened up some fuel stations!

Trip computer reads about 10% over. The "miles since refuling" is more accurate but still 5% above what fuely calculate. I always brim the tank and fill slowly after the first cut off for a couple more clicks so I know my filling is consistent.

No noticable difference between standard Esso/Shell/Jet diesel.  I don't bother with supermarket value fuel as I can usually find the branded stuff price matching the supermarkets.

Costco already have. Another advantage of living in Liverpool (there had to be some, right? lol)... Generally 5 pence per litre cheaper than any other garage in the area. For example last time I filled up it was 121.9ppl at Costco and 127.9ppl at Asda, BP, Shell etc for miles around. Winner, though you do have to be a member. :D

10% is a lot.  Mine is 1.3% pessimistic. Over 36 tankfuls, the average from litres put in and miles driven gives 61.8mpg and the average of the Since Refueling values is 60.9mpg. Yep, I have a spreadsheet   :giggle:    My last 10 tanks have averaged a true 64.4mpg.  (2.0D manual estate).

64.4mpg in a 2.0 is very impressive and puts you above me as the most economical Octy III on fuely.

I assume you don't travel at rush hour.

Yes, I am allergic to traffic jams :no:   I do a lot of motorway travel at around 70mph and leave early in the morning.  And I slow a bit for steep motorway hills - they kill economy if you maintain speed.

It is also impressively quick when you want to press on, though quick and economical are incompatible...  But it is fun when you want to surprise someone on a roundabout with two off lanes  :giggle:

I could join Fuelly, but I don't think I would want to put 36 records into another system...

Edited by Juniperz

10% is a lot. Mine is 1.3% pessimistic. Over 36 tankfuls, the average from litres put in and miles driven gives 61.8mpg and the average of the Since Refueling values is 60.9mpg. Yep, I have a spreadsheet :giggle: My last 10 tanks have averaged a true 64.4mpg. (2.0D manual estate).

Glad I'm not the only one!

Incidentally I found my trip computer was fairly accurate too. Nothing like 10% out on my Fabia. I didn't keep it up for long but seem to remember it was only 2% out.