Q4 deals?

D@z

Here we go chaps, Andy PM'd earlier but I've only just picked it up.

As sent to him, the run down is:

A quick breakdown on the Octavias is:

0% PCP - S through to Elegance, including Black Edition

2.9% PCP - L&K

3.5% PCP - vRS and Scout

The above excluding the vRS and Scout also benefit from 3 years/30k free servicing.

Hope it helps - better late than never  :happy: 

What does this mean to those of us who have already ordered our cars but not yet delivered. If these rates are dealer offers I cannot see them giving them to us free of charge once we have placed our orders.

When I was checking prices offered by dealers and brokers I was advised that dealers had to pay for low rate interest and free servicing and that was part of the reason for them not being able to compete with brokers on the purchase price of the cars.

What does this mean to those of us who have already ordered our cars but not yet delivered. If these rates are dealer offers I cannot see them giving them to us free of charge once we have placed our orders.

When I was checking prices offered by dealers and brokers I was advised that dealers had to pay for low rate interest and free servicing and that was part of the reason for them not being able to compete with brokers on the purchase price of the cars.

If you are financing via PCP and the rate plus add-ons changes between the order date and delivery date they should put you on the more attractive package. That was the official line from my dealer at the time

I ordered my Octavia in November last year when they were offering 0% PCP plus 3 years servicing. If my memory serves me right SUK had dropped free servicing in Q1 of 2014 when my car was delivered, however, I still got it as that was what was on offer at the time of ordering.

I've been quoted this yesterday with a military seller tax free.

Skoda Octavia VRS Hatch 2.0TFSI DSG petrol

Race Blue Metallic

Heated windscreen

Sunset glass from B pillar back

Temporary space saver spare wheel

Simply Clever (double sided boot floor, media holder, waste bin)

vRS leather red stitching

Black design package

Amundsen sat nav with SD card containing European maps

Heated front seats

Electrically heated, adjustable and folding door mirrors - auto dimming

Canton sound system (10 speakers, digital equaliser, subwoofer)

Heated washer nozzles, front

Boot net

Multi-function display/on-board computer "Colour"

Total OTR price £18,915.99

This seem like a fair price or should it be a little less given its tax free?

Bloody hell m8, have you seen this one Griffin are doing?  :p

Buy a new 265 RenaultSport Megane Coupe, and we’ll throw in the R-Link Pack, Cup Chassis Pack, and the Leather Pack for FREE, as well as our normal free metallic paint.

And if that wasn’t enough, we’ll even throw in an £18,000 guaranteed cash buyback.

Megane RenaultSport 265 R-link Coupe £16,995

Sod the skoda at that price, that bad boy will do a sub 8 min lap at the ring  :dance: 

Like this one too

New LHD Skoda Octavia Combi 1.8TSi 180bhp DSG Elegance (GreenTec)

TOP DEAL Our Price £13,594 excl. VAT

You know if you want a 1.8TSI in this country u need to get L&K spec, and the price with DSG £28,610.00
What is it with this fcked up country????

And if that wasn’t enough, we’ll even throw in an £18,000 guaranteed cash buyback.

Megane RenaultSport 265 R-link Coupe £16,995

I'll take 100, and then sell them straight back.  That's a nice £100,000 in my pocket...

Or something doesn't quite add up there.

So back on topic... Im presuming the new finance rates are combined still with free servicing for three years? Seems a fair deal if so. Previous rates were 0% on the S and SE only, 2.9% on the Elegance and L&K and 6.9% on the VRS and Scout so all round better and particularly good if you were considering an Elegance I guess. :)

So back on topic... Im presuming the new finance rates are combined still with free servicing for three years? Seems a fair deal if so. Previous rates were 0% on the S and SE only, 2.9% on the Elegance and L&K and 6.9% on the VRS and Scout so all round better and particularly good if you were considering an Elegance I guess. :)

Free servicing on everything apart from vRS and Scout with the PCP.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Bloody hell m8, have you seen this one Griffin are doing?  :p

Buy a new 265 RenaultSport Megane Coupe, and we’ll throw in the R-Link Pack, Cup Chassis Pack, and the Leather Pack for FREE, as well as our normal free metallic paint.

Megane RenaultSport 265 R-link Coupe

£16,995

Sod the skoda at that price, that bad boy will do a sub 8 min lap at the ring  :dance: 

Thanks but I'm after something a little more refined and grown up.

Brad8988, are you getting a LHD?

These guys are advertising a std 'Octavia RS' at £16124 excluding vat! http://www.1stcarimports.co.uk/lhd-left-hand-drive-cars/skoda/octavia-rs/lhd-model-194.aspx

No RHD British car.

I'll take 100, and then sell them straight back.  That's a nice £100,000 in my pocket...

Or something doesn't quite add up there.

There are rules to stop you doing things like that. Is possible to own the car for 13 months and sell it for more than you paid for it though. They don't seem to offer the buybacks on the petrol vrs but don't really want a dirty diesel.

Sorry for going off topic.

well as Preston_Motors has already posted the deals, I finally made a decision too, no VRS for me this time, with the lack of incentives I just couldnt justify one, as it was coming in over budget, a nice new Elegance however, came in nicely under budget, is sitting built and will be mine within 3 weeks! the 0% and 3 years servicing swung it for me in the end :-)

• Like 3

Which one D@z, the TDI or TSI ? I'm gonna hazzard a guess your  petrol-head and therefore stuck with the TSI, did you go DSG or not ?

Lots you can do with the engine & the DSG but, the rear suspension setup does need a RARB and it could do with lowering too.

Was waiting for the Q4 deals, but a new vRS just coming in too expensive still.  I'll just wait until the new year and see what's happening then. I'm still interested to see what the proposed VW Polo R is like, if it actually goes into production; and also looking at the Subaru BRZ which after the summer price decrease is cheaper than a vRS 

Which one D@z, the TDI or TSI ? I'm gonna hazzard a guess your  petrol-head and therefore stuck with the TSI, did you go DSG or not ?

Lots you can do with the engine & the DSG but, the rear suspension setup does need a RARB and it could do with lowering too.

well, I was, but recently I just dont get the use out of a high performance petrol to justify the costs, so Im going all old and sensible, 2.0 tdi 150 for me this time! will probably give it a little bash with the mod stick though!

• Like 1

well, I was, but recently I just dont get the use out of a high performance petrol to justify the costs, so Im going all old and sensible, 2.0 tdi 150 for me this time! will probably give it a little bash with the mod stick though!

Many options Daz?

I went from a 2013 Blackline estate to an estate one of these, the 2.0 TDI is very good for a derv, being reasonably powerful with a nice amount of torque, good power delivery and low kerb weight has surprisingly good straight line performance.

.....its not as fun to drive as the vRS though despite probably being a bit quicker. I think it's a great car and probably overall the best Skoda of the three I've owned (the Blackline and a Fabia vRS estate) but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't bored of it.

Sadly used values aren't particularly strong either....my 10k mile 9 month old car only worth 15.1k according to WE AC. ..whereas my nearly 2 year old approx 21k mile Blackline was still be worth 13,750....I think the used market being relatively flooded with lots of 1.6 SE/Elegance ex hire cars hand helped.

Many options Daz?

I went from a 2013 Blackline estate to an estate one of these, the 2.0 TDI is very good for a derv, being reasonably powerful with a nice amount of torque, good power delivery and low kerb weight has surprisingly good straight line performance.

.....its not as fun to drive as the vRS though despite probably being a bit quicker. I think it's a great car and probably overall the best Skoda of the three I've owned (the Blackline and a Fabia vRS estate) but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't bored of it.

Sadly used values aren't particularly strong either....my 10k mile 9 month old car only worth 15.1k according to WE AC. ..whereas my nearly 2 year old approx 21k mile Blackline was still be worth 13,750....I think the used market being relatively flooded with lots of 1.6 SE/Elegance ex hire cars hand helped.

its got a few options afaik, tbh I need to get the full run down, I know it has towbar prep and the winter pack, I went against my own rules and done a deal down the phone on a prebuilt car I didnt know the full spec of, lol

• Like 1

As D@z, 0% finance and the opportunity to get a pre-built model has tempted me and I've put a deposit down on a 1.4 TSI Elegance. Ideally wanted Race Blue and a couple of options but impatience has led me to go with a standard spec Black Magic - hopefully have it within a month.

I test drove a VRS at the start of the year but champagne tastes and lemonade money ruled that one out.

• Like 4

I've decided to stick with what I have for now, the deals aren't very enticing but to be honest I never expected them to be.

As D@z, 0% finance and the opportunity to get a pre-built model has tempted me and I've put a deposit down on a 1.4 TSI Elegance. Ideally wanted Race Blue and a couple of options but impatience has led me to go with a standard spec Black Magic - hopefully have it within a month.

I test drove a VRS at the start of the year but champagne tastes and lemonade money ruled that one out.

A lot can be done with that little 1.4 engine so, don't be too down on yourself I went through the same analysis myself.  Try it a while then tinker, DTUK are in your town I think and the RARB is a must but, as I said try it as is for a while its a very nice place to be with the elegance interior.

• Like 1

...champagne tastes and lemonade money ruled that one out.

TBH unless there are amazing deals on an Octavia estate in approx two years time (when my PCP comes to an end) it is likely I will replace my Blackline (which is excellent in all respects) with a Fabia estate which looks very tasty indeed.  

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/329697-official-pics-of-the-fabia-iii-combi/

Plus I will save myself thousands at the same time - sorry but the Octavia is getting too pricey for us normal folk.

• Like 1

Here we go chaps, Andy PM'd earlier but I've only just picked it up.

As sent to him, the run down is:

A quick breakdown on the Octavias is:

0% PCP - S through to Elegance, including Black Edition

2.9% PCP - L&K

3.5% PCP - vRS and Scout

The above excluding the vRS and Scout also benefit from 3 years/30k free servicing.

Hope it helps - better late than never  :happy: 

3.5% interest but the representative APR is 7.2% still.

The free FPS is available to the VRS too, as i have just had it applied to my agreement. 

Edited by jwhatley