Universal "Seat Sport" Style Intercooler

MattH

So guys I'm looking to buy this cooler from eBay ( managed to get it for 150)

Just a few quick questions I know some might have been answered it's just so I know for my peace of mind

I understand the brackets I have to get from Tps as the ones provided don't fit

The pipe work I'm looking to go to exhaust uk and see if they can make some piping trying to cut down on silicone piping.

The crash bar- if I use the seat sport crash bar would this need cutting?

Would it be ideal to remap the car after this is done or wouldn't that be necessary

I know most of them are not really questions it's just I don't want to but the cooler and have complications with it

There's no such thing as a 'seat sport' crash bar, it's just a crash bar from a seat ibiza lol, I don't think it needs cutting down I maybe wrong mind

Just needs cutting down length wise and also a little bit out of where it mounts. Easily sorted :)

It cost me about £300 all in for my intercooler, me buying - hoses, mikalor clamps, DS maf pipe and turbo clip connector. Then I took it to my local exhaust place and he made my pipes up for me. Have posted these pics before but here they are again. Like I say, probably not as good quality as darkside's but it saved me quite a few hundred £££'s :p lol and it seems to work very well even on track :)

That looks mint! :D

Where was it, exhaust-a-fix? it seems like a bargain was it mates rates or is that the going rate there?

Anyone have a link to this pipe info that keeps being referred to?

With one of these fmic's fitted will the bumper go bk on without any modification?

Personally I'm not a fan of the wide mouth look and prefer it to look as std as poss.

I think from what I hear it will need trimming on the inside. But it won't be notisable once bumper is back on.

• Like 1

I've spoke to the exhaust place and they said they can make the pipes if they can know what size of and bends I need

I have checked on here but couldn't find the answer

I've aslso tried to look at airtec pipe kit but they don't really give much Info about the sizes or what bends are needed

Pretty sure you can get all the info off here if you take some time searching :)

That kit above would do a lot of your piping,but you would need some way of fitting your map sensor into a pipe, and swaging the ends to stop the silicone pipes blowing off, and some reducers for connecting to your cooler.

Believe me I've been looking all over briskoda

I looked a post posted earlier which showed what bends I need just wanted to see if anyone had bought this kit or could give me any tips

I have on the other hand bought a map sensor pipe from dark side the other day for £48 for a small pipe

I too was looking at the option of welding the pipes together but if you manage to get there before me please let me know how you got on

I do need one more question answering

I need to know the size of the metal coupler that goes to the turbo

Some people have posted links to forge but doesn't load the site. I would be greatful if anyone could let me know