Clarkson Has Upset The Argies!.

leckman

If they took away all the stupid stuff and toned down the supercars, you would have 5th Gear. Top Gear isn't an information show about cars, its car-related entertainment for retards and no matter how much people moan about it, it is extremely successful at being that.

Amended your post.

Surprised he didn't try to go for something akin to XM607, would of left no doubt then ;)

Just had a quick re-read of the wiki page, and blow me the Argentines wanted to buy some in 1981. Mad!

If you were going to troll the Argies, that'd be the way to do it.

Let's just say our eldest has his name on the bomb bay doors of a certain plane...

• Like 1

Or maybe you just reached a certain age?

The format of top gear is simply ageing blokes who like cars ******* about with a super/hyper car thrown in for us to dream about. Its more of a comedy show and if you dont like it then dont watch it.

Yes! This 100% If you all cream your pants over 5th gear go and watch it, stop crying about top gear not being any good, don't like it then don't watch it.

• Like 2

It does rather look like the Production Team or the Executive Producer either lies, or is easily deceived by what other tell him /them.

or is just a total muppet if he was not aware of the Registration Number, how it appears to read,  and the significance.

It will all come out in the Wash anyway,

and if it is pure coincidence that that car was chosen, shipped and used in filming.

and no Filming of the 3 Main People being filmed thinking it was smart that will be rather amaze balls.

george

He might need a moat if he does not already have one,

& another Armoured Personnel Carrier/ Tank parked on his lawn.

Plus an Armoured Car for personal transportation.

I like him lots as a Bloke and total Ar53,

i especially like his feature Article every month in Top Gear Magazine, he is a smart guy if he actually writes this him self.

Correct

And such a shame really

Thing is,there's only so much you can actually do with cars and I think the ideas are run or running out

They could have re-enacted the route depicted in the "Motorcycle diaries".

Recently, the two ex-Fast Show boys made an acceptable show by participating in a Gaucho cattle round-up and drive.

Personally, I like the Travelogue thing, its just all the puerile 15 year old stuff that the TG team has to do in between to  provide the justification for going there in the first place, that's so annoying. Seeing how other people live, without the filter of commercial vested interested, I find provides some of the most interesting stuff on Telly today. Talking of that, ahs anybody seen the documentary on rural life in Bhutan in the Himlayas (I think it was on BBC4 )- outstanding.

IMHO it would be good to go back occasionally to the original TG format and have some testing and reviews of ordinary cars. Under the current format, the TD team won't consider anything below £30K for this treatment

With the hybrids making an impact now, isn't it time for a factory visit, see how they are designed, made and tested. Let alone comparison testing. But nothing so far.

A short feature on modern engines, transmissions, oils. Short features on a day in the life of a Ferrari tester, foreign police patrol car, a car transporter , road builders and maintainers with one of the team riding shotgun. etc etc And some factory visits, including some of the prestiage makers. Similarly, there's nothing on how motorsport is evolving in all its incarnations - last one I can remember was the stock cars. Something on how distributed computing is going to affect cars. Innovations in production technology i.e. delving slightly into "Horizon" territory.

Maybe there needs to be two TGs. The current format for international sales and the a "Next generation" format for UK, Europe and the US.

N

Edited by Clunkclick

It does rather look like the Production Team or the Executive Producer either lies, or is easily deceived by what other tell him /them.

or is just a total muppet if he was not aware of the Registration Number, how it appears to read,  and the significance.

It will all come out in the Wash anyway,

and if it is pure coincidence that that car was chosen, shipped and used in filming.

and no Filming of the 3 Main People being filmed thinking it was smart that will be rather amaze balls.

george

I'd say its a typical PR stunt of the old kind. Let it be known that . . . and then wait for the backwash/furore.

But for all those ****s know, they may have undone months of oil being poured on troubled waters by the FO. After all, the lady president has been sustaining her presidency Farage-style by re-envoking the Malvinas issue and imposing quite a few restrictions on people operating from the Falklands.

Of course, the other thing is that South America is where all the investment money has been going for the last 8-10 years.

N

Yes the Argies were wrong to invade the Falklands but as with most wars/conflicts etc

Hyper insensitive to rub in the Falklands war date, thousands of families lost conscript teenage sons in the Falklands conflict. 

Pink Floyd lyrics of the Final Cut very apt.

I was one of the last to stand on the bridge of HMS Conqueror before scrapped and very sad to be there where a topedo was fired which killed about 350 youngsters in a matter of minutes. on a 50 year old ship sailling the other way.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3c8_1277431177

Southampton Dock, Pigs on the Wing LIVE

Brezhnev took Afghanistan
Begin took Beruit
Galtiari took the Union Jack
and Maggie, over lunch one day, took a Cruiser with all hands
Apparently to make them give it back
Maggie what have we done?

They disembarked in 45
And no-one spoke and no-one smiled
There were too many spaces in the line.
Gathered at the cenotaph
All agreed with hand on heart
To sheath the sacrificial Knifes.
But now
She stands upon Southampton dock
With her handkerchief
And her summer frock clings
To her wet body in the rain.
In quiet desperation knuckles
White upon the slippery reins
She bravely waves the boys Goodbye again.

And still the dark stain spreads between
Their shoulder blades.
A mute reminder of the poppy fields and graves.
And when the fight was over
We spent what they had made.
But in the bottom of our hearts
We felt the final cut.

Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3c8_1277431177#5AwLXA8f33XhI3sV.99

Edited by lol-lol

Yes the Argies were wrong to invade the Falklands but as with most wars/conflicts etc

Hyper insensitive to rub in the Falklands war date, thousands of families lost conscript teenage sons in the Falklands conflict. 

Pink Floyd lyrics of the Final Cut very apt.

I was one of the last to stand on the bridge of HMS Conqueror before scrapped and very sad to be there were a topedo was fired which killed about 350 youngsters in a matter of minutes. on a 50 year old ship sailling the other way.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3c8_1277431177

Southampton Dock, Pigs on the Wing LIVE

Brezhnev took Afghanistan

Begin took Beruit

Galtiari took the Union Jack

and Maggie, over lunch one day, took a Cruiser with all hands

Apparently to make them give it back

Maggie what have we done?

They disembarked in 45

And no-one spoke and no-one smiled

There were too many spaces in the line.

Gathered at the cenotaph

All agreed with hand on heart

To sheath the sacrificial Knifes.

But now

She stands upon Southampton dock

With her handkerchief

And her summer frock clings

To her wet body in the rain.

In quiet desperation knuckles

White upon the slippery reins

She bravely waves the boys Goodbye again.

And still the dark stain spreads between

Their shoulder blades.

A mute reminder of the poppy fields and graves.

And when the fight was over

We spent what they had made.

But in the bottom of our hearts

We felt the final cut.

Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3c8_1277431177#5AwLXA8f33XhI3sV.99

Falkalnds. In my book just another colonial outpost secured when UK had capacity to bully the ROW. Easy come, easy go. Ma Thatcher had a domestic/personal agenda for allowing it to happen and the resisting. Would we act differently, if the argies had taken and held Isle of Wight, Anglesey or  Skye in the day.

N.

Edited by Clunkclick
  • Like 1

Falkalnds. In my book just another colonial outpost secured when UK had capacity to bully the ROW. Easy come, easy go. Ma Thatcher had a domestic/personal agenda for allowing it to happen.

N.

Funny how we start war mongering just before elections.

I suspect the Argies did it to deflect attention from their financial woes and the fact they're now in contempt of court over their debt repayments.

The country is going down the pan and Kirchner is trying desperately to cling onto power.

Clarkson likes controversy, and I think this is media hyped up in Argentina, but I bet he daren't post about ordering 16" over 17" alloys in the Yeti section.......

• Like 2

Latest news when I logged in just now was the team had fled, fearing for their lives. 

If he want's to go about being uber provocative, thats his business, but he is doing it on our licence fee.

The show was better a few years ago, and surprise surprise they didn't need any of the junk they do now.

There are plenty of examples of PC rubbish to expose, why choose examples/people who can't get exposure to give their side?

My personal opinion of Clarkson wouldn't get past the auto edit on here. I just leave it at  Sad, sorry and bitter man.

The complaints about the numbers being near the casualty counts on either side is an indicator of the dodginess. Add to that the fact that the footage I've seen, the veterans of a war of 32 years ago appear to be in their 20's and 30's then mix in the methodical campaign the government have carried out over the last few years and it sounds more orchestrated by the minute.

Veterans are old enough to have children, and the disabled veterans are maybe happy that young people want to protest,

or they are just rabble rousers.

Who cares, it is their country, if they want 3 arses out, let them have a riot.

I like those that comments in some forms of Media & Press supporting him, and commenting on the honesty & truthfulness of Jeremy Clarkson.

I suppose he told his wives, now Ex Wives about his G/Fs without them needing to find out in the Press.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Falkalnds. In my book just another colonial outpost secured when UK had capacity to bully the ROW. Easy come, easy go. Ma Thatcher had a domestic/personal agenda for allowing it to happen and the resisting. Would we act differently, if the argies had taken and held Isle of Wight, Anglesey or  Skye in the day.

N.

They'd never take angelsey as I'm here :)