Brand New Citigo - After market Cruise & Parking Sensors?

matty-boy

I see know diefference between this situation a and ordering a car in Silver with a sunroof,

and getting a car that is red and has no sunroof. its not as ordered, therefore they should be made fix it - by Skoda UK

• Like 1

If the original paperwork does NOT state that the cruse and reverse parking sensors would be after market fitments, you have them by the short and curly's. Trading standard would rip them to shreds. This would be especially true if the paperwork just says convenience pack.

• Like 2

Hi all,

Sorry for the lack of comms on this!

So here's the deal. As I mentioned in my first post, as soon as I sat in car I saw the cruise and parking sensors were not right. After posting on this excellent forum I called the store and spoke first with Ross the salesman (terrible - is he new or something?) so I spoke to Neil, the manager (not much better).

On the day she placed the order, the Mother-In-Law (MIL) stated to Ross that she wanted a midnight blue Citigo with convenience pack.

Neil said there was one in Germany and they'd get it shipped over. He said the car didn't have the convenience pack fitted but this could be done no problem - at no point did he mention that it wouldn't be the proper Skoda factory fit spec! MIL negotiated a pretty good price.

MIL was due to collect car a few weeks ago on a Friday. On the Thursday (i.e. the DAY BEFORE COLLECTION), Ross mentions that the cruise control will be on a separate stalk. MIL wasn't to know that this was not the norm.

When I called the first time to query the situation, Neil kept banging on about if MIL was prepared to wait 11-12 weeks she could have had factory fit but she'd have never got the deal she did if the car was built to order. That was pretty much his entire argument.

After the call I spoke to the MIL who said she was in no rush for that car whatsoever. If she was told she'd have to wait for factory spec she would have gladly waited, but at no point was this discussed. They obviously just wanted to shift a pre-built car. She also told me that an elderly occupant in the back seat nearly had a heart attack when she put the car in reverse and the reversing speaker went off in her ear! Not good!

I called Neil again some days later and explained that she was not told about the option of waiting or not so he changed his tact and said that at no point did Ross mention that the cruise would be on the indicator stalk or the parking sensors should come through the car hifi and visually on the PID. HA HA HA!!!!! Obviously my retort was that Ross didn't mention that this would NOT be the case!!!!

I used the analogy of buying a brand new Samsung TV, opening the box and finding a One-4-All remote control in the box. It's still functional but not what was expected or advertised and reduces the value of the package.

He went on to say that it was not possible to fit the proper factory fit equipment. I educated him to the fact that this was a load of rubbish. I explained how (relatively) simple it is to fit the replacement stalk, change the ECU and re-code the car. He accused me of being in the motor trade! LOL! Clearly they don't want the expense of doing this.

He asked me what my resolution would be. I answered they should remove the after-market CC and parking sensors and fit the proper equipment as per the original order. He said it can't be done. Rubbish.

To be fair, the MIL is not that fussed about the cruise control but she really doesn't like the parking sensors which I relayed to Neil. He is going to find out if they can connect the parking sensors audio through the car hifi. I don't think this will be an easy job unless they fit the factory unit.

Once again, Neil said he'd call today. No call. This is the 3rd time they've promised to call and have not delivered. The after-sales service is SHOCKING. Also on the day of the order, Ross told the MIL that should could choose the registration plate from a list but they did not deliver on this. She got no choice in the reg plate.

So far no resolution. I'll post a further updated when I have one.

Cheers!

Matt.

That's not Bickertons in Sheffield is it ? They had a Ross (since left) and Neil as the Business Manager or similar.

Never had any problems dealing with them if it is.

Edited by Feebet

Quick update - I raised this with Skoda UK yesterday. They are investigating and will get back to me hopefully by Monday.

I will update the forum when I hear back from them.

Cheers,

Matt.

• Like 2

Interesting

Personally I would refuse the car.

Basically if the dealers invoice states: car/model/colour"convenience pack" you can refuse the vehicle and threaten them with lots of legal things under sale of goods act, if it all gets messy.

If the receipt states the convenience pack, I think SUK will sort it without hesitation.

The local dealer will try like hell to cover their butts but on this one they are knackered.

Keep us posted.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The June issue Citigo brochure had convenience pack in but shortly after it was deleted on web site.

I ordered my car on 8th July then about 3 weeks later noticed on web site that convenience pack was back on as an option.

I went straight in to the dealers, the salesman did not know about it but the manager said there was a bulletin about it the previous day, so they did alteration to order.

I received car on 17/10/14 after waiting 14 weeks and it had all options I had ordered.

My car was built in week 34 and Continental tyres fitted were made in week 30 so car is very fresh.

It was well worth £310 for sensors and cruise control FANTASTIC

• Like 1

That was good timing....

Skoda UK were not much use. They said they weren't present at the time of negotiations so couldn't do anything about it. Great. :(

Mother-in-law contacted Blade group head office last week. Since then Neil from the garage actually phoned here!!!!!!!! Miracles do happen!!!!!!!!! I guess he got a b*llocking from Blade group and was made to try and fix this. 

Neil said that he does not think it's possible to fit the proper VW/Skoda parts without invalidating the warranty. I'm pretty sure it is possible (if anyone has access to the specific pages on Erwin I'd be very grateful to get hold of them so I could show the garage!!!). If they agree that it's possible, they say they'll do it. I've just got to convince them that it's possible!!!!

I'll update when I have further news....

Cheers!

Matt.

I know off a guy who owns a company doing nothing else than OEM retrofits on VAG cars. I think, they are more than welcome to give him a call, and get verified, that it can be done properly.

Cartrends.dk (Yeah, it´s in danish...)

• Like 2

Skoda UK were not much use. They said they weren't present at the time of negotiations so couldn't do anything about it. Great. :(

Do you still have a copy of the new car order form? Does it list the Convenience Pack as an option added to the spec? On my order form it lists all the options that I asked for.

Edited by SimonJ
  • Like 3

Hello Matt, 

Have been following this thread with interest.

As Simon J says the order form should specify the full specification which should show the convenience pack under OPTIONS as item "Package CONVENIENCE (WU5) £258.33 and VAT at 20% total £310.

This will be the order on which the contract will be signed by Supplier and Buyer.

If this is as per your order, that is the contract between you and the Supplying Dealer. If the manufacturers convenience pack, item WU5, has not been fitted then the dealer is in breach of contract unless they have specifically amended the order, to specify an after market convenience pack, BEFORE you signed the order. 

It seems Skoda have no choice other than to take the dealer to task and help resolve the issue to your satisfaction which may be the replacement of the vehicle with one that is to the contracted specification. 

If the order was signed without the convenience pack specified then the contract has not been breached and the dealer has no case to answer.

Hope this assists in resolving the issue for you.

Regards,

Mike.

• Like 1

As always, thank you all for the responses. I just got off the phone to the mother in law and unfortunately the invoice does state the following:-

Factory fitted options: metallic paint

Dealer fitted options: convenience pack, mats, fuel, delivery, etc

This is a blow.

However when she ordered the car she did ask the specific question "will the dealer fitted conv pack be the same as the factory fitted conv pack" to which the answer from the saleman was "yes".

The problem here is that it was verbal and there was no recording. It's her word against his.

She's going to speak to citizen's advice first and go from there.

Grrrrrrrr.

• Like 1

As always, thank you all for the responses. I just got off the phone to the mother in law and unfortunately the invoice does state the following:-

Factory fitted options: metallic paint

Dealer fitted options: convenience pack, mats, fuel, delivery, etc

This is a blow.

However when she ordered the car she did ask the specific question "will the dealer fitted conv pack be the same as the factory fitted conv pack" to which the answer from the saleman was "yes".

The problem here is that it was verbal and there was no recording. It's her word against his.

She's going to speak to citizen's advice first and go from there.

Grrrrrrrr.

I still dont see why it shouldn't be the OEM set up that was installed by the dealer. (other than cost to them.....)

and while its her word against his, she is still the customer, who has not received what she was told she would be getting, verbal or not...

Are the floor mats a set the dealer picked up in Aldi? i doubt it, they'll be standard OEM mats, so why should the convenience pack be any different.

at the end of the day, the car was purchased from a specific manufacturer dealer, so there is an expectation that ALL works carried out will be with manufacturer specific parts. just like any service/ replacement part fitted should be OEM, not pattern bits they got off Flea Bay.

• Like 3

Been following this, I agree with the above in that is not done to the specific manufactorer Spec.

It would be interesting to find out how much the bits they used cost and whether it came to the same cost as what they charged in the first place.

• Like 2

Does the car have the trip computer functions of the Convenience pack? via the wiper stalk end buttons? If not then you don't have all the parts of the convenience pack. Breach of contract!!

• Like 4

/\ that there is a good point i missed Owens,

as it does state "Convenience Pack" not "cruise control", and i doubt the A/M setup they used is wired into the Display...

Edited by mac11irl
  • Like 1

Good point guys! There are no buttons on the wiper stalk! I think you might have nailed it right there!!

Can anyone point me at photos of the what the trip computer should look like? Also photos of what the stalks should look like with the buttons?

The brochure definitely states that the convenience pack has a trip computer (but it doesn't specifically mention the buttons on the stalks or show photos of them).

Thanks!

Matt.

OK, I found what I was looking for in the manual here:- http://ws.skoda-auto.com/OwnersManualService/Data/en/Citigo_NF/05-2013/Manual/Citigo/A00_Citigo_OwnersManual.pdf

This clearly shows both indicator stalks and explains the functionality of the "Multifunction display (onboard computer)".

So like you say, if she is not able to get the full functionality of the "Trip Computer" (as quoted in the brochure), then you're absolutely right - she didn't get what she ordered and I don't think they can argue their way out of that one!!  :clap:   :D

Watch this space...........

• Like 2

I've been following this thread with interest. If for no other reason than the dealer wants to stay in business I would have thought he would have done the decent thing and got a car with the proper convenience pack.

I would be sorely tempted to take this to court, even the Small Claims Court just to recover the "convenience pack" fee. I expect the dealer would back pedal like crazy at the thought of being dragged into the court and accused of being "untruthful" - the damage to the business could take years to recover. 

• Like 2

Hey tweenster. I'm pretty sure that if we took them to the small claims court, we'd win and we'd get the £310 back. However, we'd still be stuck with a car with after-market cruise and parking aid and no multi-function computer. It's certainly an option, and if we look like we're not going to get what we want, it's what we'll have to do (it's a quick, easy and painless process - i've done it before). But what we really want is the REAL convenience pack. :)

I really think we have them with this trip computer argument, pointed out by Owens. Fingers crossed this could get us somewhere!!

I know off a guy who owns a company doing nothing else than OEM retrofits on VAG cars. I think, they are more than welcome to give him a call, and get verified, that it can be done properly.

Cartrends.dk (Yeah, it´s in danish...)

Thanks GaSelle. I might take you up on that!