£1 per litre

James I

The diesel at a garage near me has come down from 117.9 to 115.9 last week and this week it's at 113.9 with unleaded at 111.9. The Esso garage about 3 miles away has put it's diesel up to 119.9 and unleaded at 117.9 this week.

Crude up round $50 a barrel and with GB pound around 1.25 means a barrel costs £40 compared to when oil was $50 on 23rd of June but that translated to a lower GB pound value as the exchange rate was 1.49 on 23rd of June which works out as £33.50 per barrel.

A difference of 4 pence per litre due to the fall in currency since the BREXIT vote or a couple quid for a tankful on an average sized tank.   Diesel seem to have gone up more than petrol as more if it is imported compared to petrol from UK Brent crude which more of it comes from the North Sea.  

Be patriotic, go petrol !

Edited by lol-lol

Crude oil holding around $51 a barrel so looks like the 1.2M barrels a day cut has achieved the 10% rise in crude values that OPEC were looking for.  Expect to see the affect by mid December.

• 2 weeks later...

Diesel/Petrol seems to be going back up again, a penny a litre (Tescos) added here due to crude going higher and continued weakness in GB Pound again USD...

Crude continues to rise with even WTI at $54 and Brent at $57 so not looking good for cheap fuel and not heading back to £1 a litre but more like to £1.20 a litre sadly.

Hang onto your wallets.

OPEC and non-OPEC have agreed production cuts.

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/369946-opec-deal-oil-prices/

Where is the electric car brochure?

Charge up on Saturday and Sunday daytime for free too !

It is like going to the petrol station and not having to pay.

Where is the electric car brochure?

Charge up on Saturday and Sunday daytime for free too !

It is like going to the petrol station and not having to pay.

While we are in Europe at least. :o 

• 3 weeks later...

PetrolPrice.Com prediction.......

https://www.petrolprices.com/petrolprices-com-predictions-for-2017/?utm_source=intilery&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Weekly+Update+Newsletter&itl_cid=5857b3a1e4b02f2182d99385&itl_er=4909de50-6b3c-42d3-8a58-2c3d552d0b8d&itl_lr=bf63e9238d55b8df62f0181d874b2a16

Overall Predictions

2017 is going to be another difficult year for fuel prices with many significant events taking place that could impact costs – upwards or downwards.

While it seems highly unlikely that we’ll see extremes of pricing near the 145 pence per litre levels of 2012, we do expect prices to reach between 120-130 pence per litre at certain points in 2017.

Petrol crept up to 115p a litre (£5.22 a gallon) I see from the local petrol station last night, diesel 119 I see ( £5.40 a gallon).

With USD/GBP still around 1.23 and oil at $54 ie £44 a barrel for oil not much joy there unless we get a good movement in one or both elements.

Yea I went to work with light on yesterday morning 113.7ppl on the board and when I finished work and was free to fill up it had gone up to 114.7ppl :( Most other places seem to be 120.0ppl here now :O 

Yea I went to work with light on yesterday morning 113.7ppl on the board and when I finished work and was free to fill up it had gone up to 114.7ppl :( Most other places seem to be 120.0ppl here now :o

Painful.  How much is the diesel just across the border?

More and more people I gather are holding multiple bank accounts ie Euro and Pound, and then pay in Euro for fuel bought not in UK but in a Euro country, and keeping a few hundred Euros at least in a separate account for such purposes although the credit card exchange rate is oft not too bad at a couple of percent or so.  Individual hedging as well as companies.

Painful.  How much is the diesel just across the border?

More and more people I gather are holding multiple bank accounts ie Euro and Pound, and then pay in Euro for fuel bought not in UK but in a Euro country, and keeping a few hundred Euros at least in a separate account for such purposes although the credit card exchange rate is oft not too bad at a couple of percent or so.  Individual hedging as well as companies.

Not sure what price is at moment, won't be any cheaper I wouldn't imagine. Keeping two accounts is a strange one as you still need to get money into the Euro one from a UK one at some point and involving exchange rates etc. Only time I used to do that was when I lived in the Netherlands and my pay was split into my UK and Dutch accounts. 

• 2 weeks later...

Diesel broke the £1.20 most places now ie about £5.50 a gallon.   About £5.30 for petrol.   So up 20% in the last 12 months.  Gone up the same in Mexico but with different reaction.... 

Six die in Mexico protests over 20% petrol price hike

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-38543198

Is this 'Most Places' with no Supermarket filling stations?   It will soon get to over 120 pence for a litre of diesel in Most Places but not there yet is it?

It is in my hometown of Worcester and I have stopped over in Great Dunmow, which only has a Tescos and a indy petrol station.  Probably some diesel just under 120 f one could find a Asda or Morrisons ie Harlow or the like but not worth the diversion off the route. 

It is in my hometown of Worcester and I have stopped over in Great Dunmow, which only has a Tescos and a indy petrol station.  Probably some diesel just under 120 f one could find a Asda or Morrisons ie Harlow or the like but not worth the diversion off the route. 

Around Sheffield diesel is around the 118.9p mark at branded stations and around 116.9p at supermarkets.

Is this 'Most Places' with no Supermarket filling stations? It will soon get to over 120 pence for a litre of diesel in Most Places but not there yet is it?

It's hit that where I work, but 10 miles away it's over 5p a litre cheaper. Where I work has all 4 of the major supermarkets all selling fuel.

Diesel broke the £1.20 most places now ie about £5.50 a gallon.   About £5.30 for petrol.   So up 20% in the last 12 months.  Gone up the same in Mexico but with different reaction.... 

Six die in Mexico protests over 20% petrol price hike

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-38543198

To be fair the GBP is also down against the dollar by... yup, 20% since this time last year. Oil is traded in dollars. Nothing to see here. 

55dfdb7375.png

That is, of course, if oil was the same price today as it was 12 months ago. Makes sense, right? Same price for a barrel of oil on the market in USD, but the GBP is down 20% meaning a 20% rise in cost. Thing is though we pay extortionate levels of tax and duty on oil products. Oil has actually doubled in price per barrel since this time last year, but our mega high taxes and duty account for such a large proportion of the pump price that we're relatively insulated against general market fluctuations as we're paying through the nose (almost £1 a litre) before you even add in the cost of the fuel itself!

55ed8cb4d3.png

Scary isn't it? Luckily our Costco membership pays for itself many times over. We're still only paying £1.10 for the good stuff (super unleaded) or £1.07 for regular/95. Diesel is about the same price as their super iirc, but I don't actively check for obvious reasons (i.e. I don't buy it).