Fabia VRS LE Register Part Trois

Toxicvrs

#220 now lives near Portsmouth. However as I use it to visit relatives in Croydon quite often and my route in is now guarded by ULEZ cameras, I am selling. Just over 100k miles. Just been serviced. Its very clean. Not been tuned or crashed. What should I be asking for it? I've seen some in the past for £5500.

1 hour ago, modmytop said:

#220 now lives near Portsmouth. However as I use it to visit relatives in Croydon quite often and my route in is now guarded by ULEZ cameras, I am selling. Just over 100k miles. Just been serviced. Its very clean. Not been tuned or crashed. What should I be asking for it? I've seen some in the past for £5500.

It's only £12.50 to use ULEZ for a 24hr period, you'd have to visit an awful lot to justify changing cars!

5 minutes ago, StevesTruck said:

All they do the first one or two times is write to you and tell you off anyway. 

I can understand how irritated people who live in the ULEZ are because it's £12.50 every time they leave their driveway but honestly it's no worse than paying a toll for the rest of us, you just set up an account online and every time you're snapped entering ULEZ the card of your choice is automatically debited so you don't even have to remember, just like the Dartford crossing.

16 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

It's only £12.50 to use ULEZ for a 24hr period, you'd have to visit an awful lot to justify changing cars!

Couple of visits a month. Up Friday, back Sunday. So an additional £50 pm. However. I am now considering keeping it, at least till the summer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 30/11/2023 at 19:46, DC2990 said:

Number 010 on ebay only 18000 miles.

Hello everyone. Its been a few years since I've been posting on here.

I'm pondering over this car. I do think it's strong money though at £11,995. I've had 3 Fabia Vrs one of which was a LE. I love these cars but I wonder what it will be like with only 18,000 miles. What do you owners think of the price. Cheers. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 09/12/2023 at 10:39, dave594 said:

Hello everyone. Its been a few years since I've been posting on here.

I'm pondering over this car. I do think it's strong money though at £11,995. I've had 3 Fabia Vrs one of which was a LE. I love these cars but I wonder what it will be like with only 18,000 miles. What do you owners think of the price. Cheers. 

I’m in exactly the same boat, I sold my one and only VRS a few years back after a very long ownership, regretted it ever since.

This too has caught my attention, but again £12k seems awfully high. I would like to pick up an SE, but does 18k mileage warrant that amount?

Also 667 on eBay, which has 50k mileage, but still £8,490 again a lot more than I was expecting.

IMG_0330.jpeg

Edited by wolfsburger

There is another one appeared on autotrader with slightly less miles and slightly cheaper - I am still looking for my old one though. Its been a few years now but should never have sold it.

• Like 1

History and condition are far more important than mileage, you'll always pay a silly premium for low mileage cars and they're always more trouble than high mileage cars which have been well maintained.

• Like 1

667 50k miles one has been for sale for a long time was at £9990 i think so they must have just reduced it a bit

The one on 18k miles has a terrible mot history in my opinion for such a low mileage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DC2990 said:

667 50k miles one has been for sale for a long time was at £9990 i think so they must have just reduced it a bit

The one on 18k miles has a terrible mot history in my opinion for such a low mileage.

Terrible, how so?

Edited by wolfsburger

3 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

History and condition are far more important than mileage, you'll always pay a silly premium for low mileage cars and they're always more trouble than high mileage cars which have been well maintained.

In what way would you say they’re more trouble?

2 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

Instead of being maintained and repaired, low mileage cars age badly due to lack of use.

I'm going to view #010 on Sunday, so I'll bare it in mind when looking through the history, the previous owner has been very helpful and has given me confidence that it's a good motor.

• Like 1