Fabia Mk2 vRS Meet - Santa Pod Sat 16th May 2015

I wonder if someone owns the vRS that Fifth Gear used to break the various Speed Records.

Not sure if it is OV10 DBO But it was there or there abouts.

First Registered 23rd June 2010

MOT'd till July 2015

Maybe at a Dealers or Skoda.

http://skoda.co.uk/news/Pages/skoda-fabia-vrs-breaks-seven-national-speed-records-with-fifth-gear.aspx

Pretty sure that OV is this area reg code for that age.

Very tempted to organise a Fabia 1 meet to coincide at the same venue :p

it's shame you didn't pick the GTI festival for it! :)

Sun 12th April GTI Spring Festival gtisprings2.jpg RWYB event for water-cooled VW’s with Show & Shine, clubs, auto jumble and more.  Info (01279 725252) www.VWAction.co.uk

• Like 2

670 mile round trip for me, or more likely at least 2 tanks of fuel if I can behave enough to get close to 35 to the gallon, which isn't likely unless Anne is with me.

Looking at hotels in the area at the moment, and they don't seem too bad to be honest. I've certainly stayed in worse when at PCS Conferences in years gone by, with one in Blackpool being borderline as to whether or not it could be called suitable for mankind. Big chap who I am friendly with said he had managed to find a great deal on a hotel just around from the Winter Gardens, £77 for a week B & B. I should have known by the price that all was far from well, but this place had to be seen to be believed.

So I am trying my best to pick somewhere nice so that if Anne does come along, then we can make a weekend of the event and have somewhere nice to stay into the bargain.

• Like 1

1-Furbytom
2-goneoffSKi
3-Jabozuma
4-Ally_bassman
5-pee81
6-Vrs-fletch
7-mrburdon123
8- pkoconnor
9-grantwebster
10- vrsGeo
11-Th3Grinch (situation dependant)
12- Mr j
13- Derekcollier
14-andy3270
15-Sittingbull
16-h3srr (monte)
17 -ToxicvRS (may have got a mk2 Fabia by then) (Or a 1.8T Fabia) (Or a Clio)
18- Fossy
19 - MidlifecrisisT (Todd)
20 - Naths vRS
21 - A69

• Like 2

Numbers looking good! Getting more and more excited for it.

151 miles door to door, just debating whether an overnight stop may be in order.....

Your in manchester arent you Ally? I might well be making that up though. Im going to be coming from Blackpool as long as the twins (that are due end of march) are as well behaved as our little boy. I dont imagine I'll be doing an overnight stop over. Would have considered it if they had camping on there but may aswell just come back same day. Sure nearer the time a few convoys could be muddled together.

• Like 1

I certainly am in the Greater Manchester area! (North east of Stockport to be precise.....

I am sure some convoys could be arranged nearer to the time . I would be certainly up for meeting at one of the southbound M6 services (Keele Services for example) so all or some the North West members can be round up and travel down together.

In before any jokes about turning the M6 into an oil slick etc etc. ;-)

• Like 3

1-Furbytom

2-goneoffSKi

3-Jabozuma

4-Ally_bassman

5-pee81

6-Vrs-fletch

7-mrburdon123

8- pkoconnor

9-grantwebster

10- vrsGeo

11-Th3Grinch (situation dependant)

12- Mr j

13- Derekcollier

14-andy3270

15-Sittingbull

16-h3srr (monte)

17 -ToxicvRS (may have got a mk2 Fabia by then) (Or a 1.8T Fabia) (Or a Clio)

18- Fossy

19 - MidlifecrisisT (Todd)

20 - Naths vRS

21- Brian 69

22- TomR88

Very tempted to organise a Fabia 1 meet to coincide at the same venue :p

it's shame you didn't pick the GTI festival for it! :)

Sun 12th April GTI Spring Festival gtisprings2.jpg RWYB event for water-cooled VW’s with Show & Shine, clubs, auto jumble and more. Info (01279 725252) www.VWAction.co.uk

Yeah that would have been good but potentially very busy in terms of getting on the drag strip.

Most people seemed to fancy May so we went for that. Hopefully should still be good tho! :-)

670 mile round trip for me, or more likely at least 2 tanks of fuel if I can behave enough to get close to 35 to the gallon, which isn't likely unless Anne is with me.

Looking at hotels in the area at the moment, and they don't seem too bad to be honest. I've certainly stayed in worse when at PCS Conferences in years gone by, with one in Blackpool being borderline as to whether or not it could be called suitable for mankind. Big chap who I am friendly with said he had managed to find a great deal on a hotel just around from the Winter Gardens, £77 for a week B & B. I should have known by the price that all was far from well, but this place had to be seen to be believed.

So I am trying my best to pick somewhere nice so that if Anne does come along, then we can make a weekend of the event and have somewhere nice to stay into the bargain.

616 mile round-trip for me, although we have family in Birmingham so will travel up and stay there on Thursday night before heading towards Northampton on Friday. Will then stay over there so won't have to get up too early to make it to Santapod on Saturday morning. Should break the journey up abit!

Only snag is Mrs Furbytom is forcing me to take her to see 'Take That' in Birmingham on the Thursday night as part of the trip..... Nightmare!!! The shame and horror is too much to bear but I guess I will have to 'take one for the team' on that one.....

Your in manchester arent you Ally? I might well be making that up though. Im going to be coming from Blackpool as long as the twins (that are due end of march) are as well behaved as our little boy. I dont imagine I'll be doing an overnight stop over. Would have considered it if they had camping on there but may aswell just come back same day. Sure nearer the time a few convoys could be muddled together.

I am in Manchester also and would be happy to meet up on the way down.  Saves me getting the GPS out..