Honda New Type R 2015 prices , spec and release dates

vrskeith

7 hours ago, jars said:

I didn't get permission to post some pics :( Did enjoy the brief ride though. Sounded awesome and more turbo chat than the current model, if that's your thing. B)

jars,

Had the feeling you would find it difficult. Is production start date correct in the article. Soon be seeing a few trundling around the Swindon area, management cars and maybe a few in local showrooms. Is there a specific launch date yet?

I knew it was doubtful, but worth asking the question. We're due for more test loading as there was only a couple for us to trial, but that's not til march/April (hopefully I won't be on holiday)

Yeah the article is about right. As you say, will start to see them in no time. 

We've been exporting the non-Type-R version of the new Civic to the US and Canadian market for a short while now, including the Sport model, so the Type-R isn't far behind. 

For me, these are a bit of a logistical nightmare with the wider chassis, albeit not a huge difference with the measurements I took a few weeks ago, and the bigger rear wing and bumper styling will mean our drivers need to be on their game to keep them safe :blink:

They have been promoting the Special 100 Black Edition for some weeks now via car magazine. Not sure of take up as no discount,still at full £32k. Unless someone knows better.

• 2 weeks later...

Well done Honda, on a day when another manufacture suggests job / people losses.

http://sut1.co.uk/sLINfmfOs-LUubuPiIaM8fGn9aH98fXw-_j6-qn__bGzs7W35be16-gOYare3reUlZKQwdanwtqvz9mqmpmY3pmdnZCUk5mfkJSejpKRbS9hbCpwbSI6T2ljbWNpaj18c3hxZ2UyKl8.

Edited by vrskeith

New Type R debut @ Geneva:http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-geneva-motor-show/2017-honda-civic-type-r-makes-debut-geneva

Power boosted by only a nominal 10bhp ,so 316bhp.Torque remains the same with 0-62 mph slightly reduced.

Riding on 20" rims, with only one choice of rubber - Continental Sport Contact 6

http://www.evo.co.uk/honda/civic-type-r/18332/new-honda-civic-type-r-is-here-for-its-geneva-2017-debut

Edited by vrskeith

Not sure if it's more or less ugly than the 9G Civic...   either way it looks like a Halfords ram raid gone wrong and I'm not a fan...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, skomaz said:

Not sure if it's more or less ugly than the 9G Civic...   either way it looks like a Halfords ram raid gone wrong and I'm not a fan...

Does Very much what it says on the cultured tin(Japan / Europe compromise), in a very efficient and effective way but lacking in European sexiness for most punters.

Loved by the aggressive trackies  and why not. Can also be a very functional family hot hatch, more so than some I know.  

Carry on Honda doing your unique thing and supporting UK GDP /PLC and not leaving on the Brexit ship!!

32 minutes ago, john999boy said:

It's what you expect from a Type R though and in that respect I think it's excelled - but it a good way! :devil:

3 minutes ago, vrskeith said:

Does Very much what it says on the cultured tin(Japan / Europe compromise), in a very efficient and effective way but lacking in European sexiness for most punters.

Loved by the aggressive trackies  and why not. Can also be a very functional family hot hatch, more so than some I know.  

Carry on Honda doing your unique thing and supporting UK GDP /PLC and not leaving on the Brexit ship!!

Oh yeah - don't get me wrong - it is very much a product of Japanese tastes etc., a certain engineering bent and no doubt goes like stink.  I have an 8th Gen Civic (the 8th Gen Type R was quite restrained without a Mugen wing at the back) so have nothing against them but do think their styling from then on (9th Gen and 10th Gen Civics), particularly the Type R, has got more and more extreme and limited in terms of appeal.  The same is happening at Toyota with things like the C-HR, Prius and the latest Lexus RX.  I'm assuming this is the 'swing' and they'll come back a bit to a happier medium.

I've probably said before but some of the smaller Japanese or Korean marques or the likes of wilfully different Citroen do it better these days in my eyes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here we go again, Hot Hatch Nurburgring  merry- go -round.

Well done my local Automotive manufacturer.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-honda-civic-type-r-smashes-nurburgring-front-drive-lap-record

Edited by vrskeith

• 2 weeks later...

Type R 2017 model prices released.

Swindon dealership beckons  for a test drive soon. Should be a fun experience ,as the previous model was.

http://www.evo.co.uk/honda/civic-type-r/18332/prices-revealed-for-new-honda-civic-type-r

Edited by vrskeith

• 1 month later...

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 21:04, vrskeith said:

Inside Lane review

How ugly is the civic getting?

I remember when it was Motor show concept car to showroom in 2005 with very few changes - people bought it solely on its futuristic looks back then.

Each amendment since gets fatter and uglier and they even foist hideous models like the sport tourer on the public (and the BTCC too).

It really looks American now to my eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

Test drive yet to be organized.

However ,will be soon. Had much fun in the last short lived model, this reads even more so.

http://sut2.co.uk/sLJp74HPsxTDubvZ2YqLpaWh8_ajpPXx_vn--fv-q-fitrfi4LDvvrgOYare3reUlZKQwdanwtqvz9mqmpmY3pmdnZCUk5mfkJSejpKRbS9hbCpwbSI6Tzg7PTojbHlne3A5YW9nfTRoNm54aHZFVlEGFmM.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...