Polo GTI some details

vrskeith

11 hours ago, vrskeith said:

So I have a very disappointed ๐Ÿ˜ž Partner, as no handover of her New Polo GTi Plus DSG on Saturday. Why ,because of 1 VW UK Finance system went walk out and malfunctioned Thursday night then support time took until late Friday afternoon to resolve and notify her of this going on ,until the 11th hour before close of play on Friday afternoon whilst she was having a nightmare drive back from he contract work in Bodmin. Expecting her to pull over and undertake the computer input on the roadside mid journey. No contingency laid on for a couple of hours Saturday morning or indeed later Friday evening,after she had arrived home and could read the documents with a clear head. Consequently ,their lack of Customer Service has spoilt the buying experience for her and me. However,they lost their end of period sale, by have No flexibility on behalf of the Customer to finalise the deal in a satisfactory way for both parties. How rubbish is that ! So an unhappy bunny in Wiltshire yesterday. Only benefits, car now gets registered in June and a full months road tax next week.ย 

That's so bad, gutted for you both but hopefully the wait is worth it.

• Like 1

My Partner's car now handed over Friday afternoon. Young sales guy Tom did and excellent no hassle job.at Inchcape Swindon,she was very pleased with this young guy's approach and professional Customer service..Made up for the shortfall experience from VW Finance system and Senior sales executive previously at the dealership. Sorry no photos uploaded yet but the red/black pack combo looked stunning in the showroom. So a great weekend experience and steady running -in locally,for about 150miles. Engine felt tight but the 6speed DSG seems a better match up than her previous 1.8 with 7speed DSG inher and my opinion. She is off down to Cornwall this coming week so should put on 400running miles then.

ย 

https://go.skimresources.com/?id=38947X1001323&xs=1&isjs=1&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.volkswagen.co.uk%2Fapp%2Fconfigurator%2Fvw-gb%2Fen%2Fpolo%2F30200%2F38650%2Fgti-plus%2FAW19TY-GPDBPDB-GPF2PF2-GPLAPLA-MTVEQV3-MESSUQ5-GWD1WD1-GWLLWLL-GYOIYOI-GZEBZEB-MTKV4F2-MSSH4KF-MMAS6E3-MASE6YD-MMFA9S0-MAUD9WT%2F2019%2F1%2FF14%20D8A1%2FF56%20%20%20%20%20XE%2FGPDRPDR-GPH3PH3-GPJBPJB-GPNDPND-GWW3WW3-GYOWYOW-MAUD9WX-MCDR7RE-MEIH5MJ-MEPH7X5-MESI7W2-MKSUKA1-MSPRQH1%3Fpage%3Dsummary&xguid=01CVAQHJ1F072TDFY3PKZ8ZCX0&xuuid=e36d593c050f3e010fec6506d7f2e926&xsessid=&xcreo=0&xed=0&sref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.briskoda.net%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2F335943-polo-gti-some-details%2Fpage%2F17%2F&pref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.briskoda.net%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2F335943-polo-gti-some-details%2F&xtz=-60&jv=13.18.0-stackpath&bv=2.5.1

• Like 1

On 09/06/2019 at 13:22, vrskeith said:

My Partner's car now handed over Friday afternoon. Young sales guy Tom did and excellent no hassle job.at Inchcape Swindon,she was very pleased with this young guy's approach and professional Customer service..Made up for the shortfall experience from VW Finance system and Senior sales executive previously at the dealership. Sorry no photos uploaded yet but the red/black pack combo looked stunning in the showroom. So a great weekend experience and steady running -in locally,for about 150miles. Engine felt tight but the 6speed DSG seems a better match up than her previous 1.8 with 7speed DSG inher and my opinion. She is off down to Cornwall this coming week so should put on 400running miles then.

ย 

https://go.skimresources.com/?id=38947X1001323&xs=1&isjs=1&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.volkswagen.co.uk%2Fapp%2Fconfigurator%2Fvw-gb%2Fen%2Fpolo%2F30200%2F38650%2Fgti-plus%2FAW19TY-GPDBPDB-GPF2PF2-GPLAPLA-MTVEQV3-MESSUQ5-GWD1WD1-GWLLWLL-GYOIYOI-GZEBZEB-MTKV4F2-MSSH4KF-MMAS6E3-MASE6YD-MMFA9S0-MAUD9WT%2F2019%2F1%2FF14%20D8A1%2FF56%20%20%20%20%20XE%2FGPDRPDR-GPH3PH3-GPJBPJB-GPNDPND-GWW3WW3-GYOWYOW-MAUD9WX-MCDR7RE-MEIH5MJ-MEPH7X5-MESI7W2-MKSUKA1-MSPRQH1%3Fpage%3Dsummary&xguid=01CVAQHJ1F072TDFY3PKZ8ZCX0&xuuid=e36d593c050f3e010fec6506d7f2e926&xsessid=&xcreo=0&xed=0&sref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.briskoda.net%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2F335943-polo-gti-some-details%2Fpage%2F17%2F&pref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.briskoda.net%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2F335943-polo-gti-some-details%2F&xtz=-60&jv=13.18.0-stackpath&bv=2.5.1

How's the car going?

Really well thanks MilgeS.

ย 

500 miles in her first weeks run to Cornwall, with some local mileage both ends. She is really pleased with the drive appears smoother than the 1.8 7speed,ย  with the 6peed DSG and ironically early days but more economical. Averaging 42.5 compared to approx.39.5mpg both on Tesco Momentum. Enjoying the extra internal room and layout of controls and infotainment system. Happy Days. ๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vrskeith said:

Really well thanks MilgeS.

ย 

500 miles in her first weeks run to Cornwall, with some local mileage both ends. She is really pleased with the drive appears smoother than the 1.8 7speed,ย  with the 6peed DSG and ironically early days but more economical. Averaging 42.5 compared to approx.39.5mpg both on Tesco Momentum. Enjoying the extra internal room and layout of controls and infotainment system. Happy Days. ๐Ÿ‘

Oh good, I'm glad the car was worth the wait. We love ours too, apart from squeaky brakes in reverse, and the handbrake cable isn't very smooth, common problem in the Polo range, which is disappointing.ย We don't get very good mpg but didn't buy it for that, the ride quality and room is a nice step up from the vRS, don't notice the difference in power really but I enjoy popping it into S for a bit of fun.

ย 

On another note, my R-Line wentย in for 1st service on Thursday, I reported a faint knocking sound, guessing from other forum posts it was brake pads rattling in carriers, and sure enough it was, so they are on order for warranty job to be done whenever they arrive.

Edited by MilgeS
R-Line update

39.5 up to 42.5...didnโ€™t realise the Polo was that poor on mpg, thought they would be mid 40โ€™s.

ย 

My Golf R manual,ย was regularly giving 35-38mpg mixed driving and managed 42mpg on a dual carriageway/motorway runs.

ย 

Theย Polo GTi is nice looking thoughย :)

28 minutes ago, Defenderben said:

39.5 up to 42.5...didnโ€™t realise the Polo was that poor on mpg, thought they would be mid 40โ€™s.

ย 

My Golf R manual,ย was regularly giving 35-38mpg mixed driving and managed 42mpg on a dual carriageway/motorway runs.

ย 

Ben,

ย 

ย 

The engine after 500 miles is still running pretty tight. Once properly run-in ( call me old school) the real mpg will returned a marked improvement.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/06/2019 at 18:49, Defenderben said:

ย 

ย 

So an update on the Missus's New Polo GTi DSG. 3 weeks from handover and 1600 miles . On Monday we did a round trip to Ashbourne Derbyshire, comprising M5,M42 with A &B roads before and after motorways. 348miles, average speed 49 mph returning 50.5 mpg. Very smooth and comfortable drive with power and brisk performance now the engine and gearbox has eased and bedded-in. Yep a step up from her 1.8 DSG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Eddie-NL said:

Do you teach new drivers or advanced courses for existing drivers?

Would have loved to have learnt to drive in a 200bhp pocket rocket

New drivers mainly, only a few existing drivers that want a refresh. Most don't know what car they are driving so oblivious to the power, the DSG is so calm they think their own cars are more powerful, until they give it a bit extra at the roundabout and turn white when it shoots off!ย 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

MilgeS,

ย 

Thanks very much.

Have a fantastic Christmas and a successful & enjoyable New Year.

ย 

Just took my missus Polo GTi in for it's 1st service at 10500miles.

ย 

Clean bill of health for my NHS Executives baby.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿคธโ€โ™€๏ธ

• Like 1

21 hours ago, vrskeith said:

MilgeS,

ย 

Thanks very much.

Have a fantastic Christmas and a successful & enjoyable New Year.

ย 

Just took my missus Polo GTi in for it's 1st service at 10500miles.

ย 

Clean bill of health for my NHS Executives baby.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿคธโ€โ™€๏ธ

Thats a good start to Christmas then ๐Ÿ™‚ย Just while I think of it, do the brakes "hum" when reversing? Seems to be blighting a lot of GTi owners on a Polo forum I joined, myself included. I had pads replaced recently and that cured the problem for a while but it has now returned ๐Ÿ˜žย 

ย 

Anyhow, all the best to you and the missus and long may you both enjoy the Polo ๐Ÿ™‚