1.0 Turbo on the way

RapidRonnie

£18.5k for an 'entry level' A1! :o :o :o

Personally, I'm quite happy with the 75PS Greentech unit in mine. The car's a very nicely balanced package of handling, comfort, quality and performance. It's great fun to drive without putting your licence in mortal danger and it hasn't broken the bank (yet). As for discounts, well I had to work my dealer very hard just to get a few hundred quid off. They won't be busting a gut to offer huge discounts on any new 'performance' model.

Edited by Citigopher

That's list. You never ever pay list price

Regardless, I don't see them negotiating the price of a 'sporty' model down to the list price of their MC spec. 

There's less scope for negotiation on smaller budget cars. I imagine that any retail price would be 13k or upwards. Any negotiation will probably get it as low as 12 and a half. Which is a good price, for what it'll be. But I can't see 11k being the price of the model with this engine, were they to go ahead with it. 

• Like 1

I am hoping Skoda will put the 1.0 TFSI on a normal model, like the Renault Twingo with their 1.0 Turbo engine. A 1.0 T Elegance for £11.5k does not sound excessive, and I will absolutely consider buying. It will probably be under 100g/l emissions so no car tax either!

I've a lowly 60bhp, which I've enjoyed on track. It's biggest issue is power on the straights.

A turbo verso with good mpg and co2 would get my attention.

I've been looking at 1.2tsi fabia's as there are a few wreaked ones about. Would make a nice engine transplant. For someone with the skill/money. Sadly I have either :(

There might not be room for 4 cyl engine, and transmission which can handle the power and torque. Better not hold breath while waiting turbo engine for Citigo anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't be surprised if Skoda UK didn't ring the potential 1.0T to the UK. It would be a mistake as there is going to be alot of interest in the market for 1.0T models from others

Here's list:

Vauxhall Adam 1.0T 113bhp

Ford Fiesta 1.0T (in mix of outputs but max 138bhp)

Smart Forfour Brabus (2015) expected 120bhp

Renault Twingo GT (2015) expected 120bhp

VW Polo 110bhp

I wouldn't be surprised if Skoda UK didn't ring the potential 1.0T to the UK. It would be a mistake as there is going to be alot of interest in the market for 1.0T models from others

Here's list:

Vauxhall Adam 1.0T 113bhp

Ford Fiesta 1.0T (in mix of outputs but max 138bhp)

Smart Forfour Brabus (2015) expected 120bhp

Renault Twingo GT (2015) expected 120bhp

VW Polo 110bhp

Why is this a reason they wouldn't introduce it? 

There was an abundance of cars in the 'City Car' bracket before Skoda created the Citigo - Smart Car, VW Fox, VW Up!, Renault Twing, Citroen C1, Toyota Aygo etc...

And with that competition, the Citigo was introduced and every review gave it fantastic write-ups, saying it was one of (if not the) best in the class. 

I can't see it'd be any different. In fact, I'd actively say that the competition is a direct reason to bring the 1.0T to the Citigo. 

Especially as they designed the engine, I'm sure. Certainly the 1.0T in the Audi A1 is Skoda built(?). I think the competition allows Skoda more scope for success and to continue knocking other City Cars out of the league. It'd be a mistake on Skoda's part if they didn't consider it. 

Ctamlep - I think you may have misunderstood his post;I read it as it would be a mistake NOT to put the turbo engine into the Citigo and then gave examples of other manufacturers that are doing similar sized cars with similar engine output.

• Like 1

Just think of the sales if they made this badboy [emoji106][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd have one straight away.

My only worry is cost. They will probably price it at 13k which is too expensive for what it is imho.

Ctamlep - I think you may have misunderstood his post;I read it as it would be a mistake NOT to put the turbo engine into the Citigo and then gave examples of other manufacturers that are doing similar sized cars with similar engine output.

Exactly my point. I just feel Skoda will look at its model range and with its current view of reduced performance models and concentrate on value, thus it would prefer to stick with the 1.0 NA engine option in the Citigo.

If the turbo does make it we should expect it to be engineered to be lower output than fabia/polo/A1

• 2 weeks later...